The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Empty
PostSubject: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:44 am

Ciel Phantomhive was many things but strong, physically strong, was not among them and that was really beginning to get on his nerves. To grate on him in the worst possible way. After all, he was supposed to be the Queen's Master Spy... what kind of Master Spy couldn't even prevent himself from being kidnapped without the help of his butler?

It was pitiful and Ciel knew it.

What was more, everyone else knew it too.

Oh they tried to hide it because, when he put his mind to it, he could ruin each and every one of his contacts, friends and foes, with just his plans. But it wasn't enough. A plan wasn't enough when someone could just stop you cold without really even trying. So Ciel had turned to Sebastian, as he so often did, for advice on who to ask to become his trainer.

The answer of the demon butler was what now led them to the wrong neighbourhood of London, to the dark and uninviting bar that was the "Goerge and Dragoon".

Unfortunately for Ciel's OCD, it was actually spelt that way on the sign.

As they entered the bar a number of the patrons looked at them. Ciel was very aware that he and Sebastian would be standing out like sore thumbs right about now. He nodded to Sebastian, who spoke up on his behalf,

"We're looking for the woman called Jessica." he announced to the room in a clear tone, "We wish to pay for her services as a fighter and trainer."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:53 am

Jessica had spent most of the day hanging out in the George and Dragon, she had told them time and time again that the sign was spelt wrong but apparently they didn't much care. Nursing a cool pint of ale she tried to think about what she was going to do tomorrow, she had a contract to take care of and she was rather excited about it, it was clear even to her that the guy she was killing was a complete scumbag, he deserved everything he was going to get.

Humming softly as she sipped at her alcohol that warm feeling flooded through her, it was a pleasant feeling she had gotten too accustomed to feeling these days, spending most of your day in a pub tended to make sure that you got at least tipsy on a daily basis.

As the door opened, she turned her head, quirked an eyebrow and smirked, a kid like this wasn't going to last two minutes in here, his purse would be stolen and so would that fancy ring. Although, something seemed off about the butler that he carried in tow with him, maybe he was more dangerous than she first gave him credit for.

Her gaze was firmly on her ale as she heard that they were looking for her, smirking a little bit she turned on her chair and looked at the two of them again before hopping off the chair and wandering towards the kid and his minder, her, train him? That wasn't possible. He was weak, impossibly weak and a child.

"That would be me." she stated with an amused smirk "But you are wasting your time, I don't train children who don't know what they're getting into, go back home kid and find a more main stream tutor." Jessica dismissed with a wave of her hand, returning to her seat.
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:01 am

Ciel was glad that she was here as had been suggested by several of the contacts that he had in the area as it meant he wouldn't help to go around many more places like this. And it meant that his contacts in the area were actually worth the money he paid them. He locked eyes with her as she walked over to him. Ciel was hopeful that she would agree to the proposal or, at the very least, hear them out about the whole thing and the potential reward for her.

When she just dismissed him out of hand because of his age his face flashed with anger and indignation. He wasn't a child damn it! He was the Lord Phantomhive, Master Spy Lord for the Queen of England! And he wasn't about to just be turned away,

"I don't think I am wasting my time Miss Bristow. My contacts in this area of London say that you are the best fighter in the entire city and I need the best to teach me." he told her firmly, "I can pay you handsomely if it is a matter of cost and you can have a room or three at my manor while you are tutoring me."

When she returned to her seat he marched forward to stand beside her at the bar, not heeding Sebastian's small warnings about perhaps moving somewhere safer. He stared at the woman hard, his one visible eye alight with anger and determination,

"I am Ciel Phantomhive, and I want... need, you to teach me." he told her before he bowed slightly, "What must I do to have you teach me how to fight?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:10 am

Jessica looked down at the boy, Ciel Phantomhive, and she couldn't stop herself from allowing her lips to curl up into a small smirk, he was rather amusing wasn't he? The clipped tone of voice and the glare told her that he didn't like to be judged because of his size or his age, but, teaching someone this small to fight was not something that she was going to take lightly. Little Lord Phantomhive must have some bad people to contend with if he was coming to her.

"It is not a matter of cost, I have quite enough money of my own, it is the fact you are a child, children shouldn't know how to fight the way that I fight." she stated factually "Although, it appears you must have a reason for coming to find me, so, why don't you explain that to me?"

Sitting down at the bar she looked down at Ciel and continued to drink her ale, she was waiting for him to give her the big reason why he wanted to be able to fight like a street brawler from hell. Of course there would be some things that he could never do, that she could, it was just the way of the world, and she was not giving him the secret to her shadow skills.

"What must you do?" she asked tapping her chin "Grow a few feet for practical reasons?" Jessica teased with a little smirk "Like I said before I need to know the reason you want me to train you, as I stated, I have reservations about tutoring someone so young to fight."

Looking around the bar she locked eyes with the bartender who nodded, lifted the section of the bar up and allowed them to come behind the bar into the back room where their business could continue in private, people were getting attentive now they knew who he was and why he was here;

"Our business will be more private in here, I believe you don't want to advertise it to the world."
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:19 am

Ciel knew of at least a dozen perfectly good trainers who were much more 'respectable' than the one he was talking to now, a woman of both violence and never having had an apprentice before in her life. Or so it was said. Ciel was determined to be the first person that she would teach. If he also turned out to be the last he didn't care. He wasn't doing this for other people's benefits after all,

"I stopped being a child a long time ago Miss Bristow. I am the Lord Phantomhive and I have done away with any semblance of childhood. Make no mistake Miss Bristow, you could train me as if I were an adult and be perfectly right to do so." he assured her factually in return before frowning slightly, "My family has made many enemies in the past and even more recently. I have been kidnapped twice in recent years... I would arm myself with abilities to prevent this from happening."

While he fumed at the implication (that he was short), Sebastian cooly stepped up to field the question himself from what Ciel had told him about his reasoning behind trying to find a mentor like Jessica Bristow. Sebastian was a little annoyed that Ciel hadn't demanded him to train him to be perfectly honest but it was acceptable merely to have avoided extra, demeaning, work,

"Please excuse my young master's temper, he dislikes it when people treat him like a child." he informed her with a polite smile, "I assure you that my young master has a need to fight... he often finds himself in the company of enemies of the state after all."

Sighing a little bit, Ciel followed her into the private room with Sebastian following closely behind them so as to keep an eye on Jessica. Ciel nodded a little bit,

"That is very true. Many of my contacts in this bar can't be relied upon to keep their mouths shut." he agreed bitterly before looking back to Jessica, "I go against the worst that this city, this country, has to offer. To do that I need to be able to fight like them but better."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:25 am

Jessica blinked and she looked at Ciel as he told her that he was no longer a child in any way shape or form, that was something very sad for her to see, that someone so young had thought that he would be able to throw away his childhood without even really caring by the looks of it. Although...it did present a challenge for herself, she wanted to see if this was really true.

Was he really ready to be treated like an adult in all senses? Because in training she would not go easy on him, as soon as he became her student she would ensure he learnt and the process would be painful.

Hearing that he was captured and worked with some dangerous people, Jessica sighed softly and sank down into the chair in the back room, she wanted to be able to refuse him, but it seemed like he wasn't going to leave here without her having agreed. So, she would just save some time and agree to train the child now, she wondered for a moment what she would get.

"Fine fine." she sighed softly "I suppose I will agree to train you, you don't look like you're going to leave me alone until I say yes and that thought doesn't appeal to me really. So, what is it that you are going to do for me now that I have agreed to be your trainer?"

Steepling her fingers together, Jessica continued; "I must warn you, in our sessions I will push you, you will be in pain and you will be injured. If you don't believe you or members of your household can take that then, I suggest you take the time to find another tutor."
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:35 am

Ciel could see the pity.

Even from a hardened criminal, a killer, he was pitied because he had grown up faster than was socially acceptable. Well too bad. He had grown up and that was the only thing that mattered. He had grown up and he needed other people to realise and accept that before he could be treated seriously in this word of back stabbing adults and evil grown ups.

He could tell that she wouldn't be the type to take it easy on him and that was perfectly fine by him. He needed the pushing, he needed someone who wasn't afraid to hurt him a little bit. Sebastian was an amazing fighter but due to his deal he couldn't hurt Ciel until it was time to devour his soul so the training lacked something very necessary.

When she finally agreed to become his tutor, Ciel's face momentarily lightened with triumph while Sebastian frowned a little bit, annoyed that she had accepted a job that, if anyone's, should have been his. He had to do something to keep himself amused before eating Ciel after all. Ciel nodded a little bit,

"You will be given accommodation, either in the manor house itself or in one of two guest houses on it's grounds. Your food and drink will be paid for, no matter how costly. You will receive a salary of several hundred pounds a week." he paused for a moment, "And I can have any Scotland yard cases open against you to be closed. Your criminal record... erased."

Ciel nodded in agreement but Sebastian spoke up,

"Now surely you can teach the young master without injuring him."

Ciel glared at Sebastian, "Silence."

The demon butler looked at the boy for a few seconds before bowing a little bit and taking a few steps back. Turning back to Jessica, Ciel held out a hand for her to shake,

"Do we have an agreement Miss Bristow?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:43 am

Jessica could see that Ciel was giving her a great deal here, she wanted to be able to say she wasn't ripping him off, because honestly she was going to enjoy training him to no end, teaching him to be able to fight with the best of them with all manners of different weapons. Of course, there would be no way that he would be able to beat her, why make a student that could best the master in the end?

"I will take one of the rooms in the manor house if you don't mind." she stated simply, picking some fluff off her trousers "I'd like to be able to be close for training, as it will occur at any time I do see fit...which might be in the middle of the night."

Grinning wickedly as she told Ciel that Jessica stood up and walked to the window, looking out at the moon, a wisp of cloud floated in front of it, covering its glow with a delicious wisp of shadow. When she heard about the fact he could get all the Scotland Yard cases closed, Jessica smirked a little bit, she would like very much not to be arrested after all.

"Much appreciated, I would prefer not to be arrested but I do like my record it is rather colourful, I'm quite proud of it, I've worked hard to make it over the last few years." Jessica stated with a grin.

As she heard the butlers concern, Jessica raised her eyebrow, but her eyes cooled. There was something off about this guy, why was he so protective over Ciel? Perhaps he was close with him? Friend or perhaps more than that...she thought with a little chuckle to herself.

"Pain is the best teacher." Jessica said in reply "We do indeed, have a deal Lord Phantomhive."

Taking his hand in her own, she shook it firmly.
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:53 am

Ciel knew that his deal was far too generous to actually be worth the money. Of course... that would only have been true if it had been anyone but Jessica Bristow. Everyone in the underworld of London knew and feared Jessica Bristow and he wanted to learn from a woman like that very badly. That way people would learn to fear his own skills as well. He nodded,

"I will have my butler make up a room for you when you arrive." he agreed, nodding to Sebastian to make it known that it was an order. When she mentioned training in the middle of the night he raised an eyebrow but otherwise didn't react at all, "You are the teacher and I am the student; I accept this."

The offer to mess around with Scotland Yard had been a tough one to ensure that he could actually make good on it but in the end it turned out that he did actually have that kind of pull about the place since the last chief inspector had been replaced by the candidate that he had backed and paid for,

"Yes it would make tutoring me difficult if you were arrested." he agreed before raising an eyebrow and smirking faintly, "I must admit, it reads like something of an adventure story. You have had an interesting life Miss Bristow."

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at Jessica. A not well known truth of demons devouring souls was that pain and other such attacks against the victim did a lot to spoil the flavour. But from the look on Ciel's face he knew that he couldn't say anything about it just yet. Ciel shook her hand with a small, satisfied, smirk,

"Excellent." he declared, "Now... what would you be teaching me? Specifically?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:04 am

Jessica was a little disappointed by his reaction to the idea that they were going to be training in the middle of the night, although she was sure when he got what she meant properly he would react in a lot bigger way that would satisfy her a lot more than his own little reaction now. Maybe it would be an occasion she would actually get to scare the young lord.

She didn't think that would be happening an awful lot, unlike normal, which was a little bit of a disappointment for her if she was honest.

"Do I get to pick my room?" she asked with a cheeky grin "I just want to make sure that I have one that suits me just fine."

When he mentioned her life story, Jessica's playful mood altered and she narrowed her eyes at Ciel, although he hadn't said anything specifically, just knowing that he knew about her already set her teeth on edge. She was sure she would exact her revenge in a spectacular fashion when the time came to their first training session.

"Indeed it does." she commented coolly "I could say the exact same thing about your exploits, which have been far from kept quiet around here, I was actually wondering when you were going to come and try and contact me, it was a lot later than I expected."

Hearing his question, Jessica sat down on the edge of the worn oak desk in the room and pondered this; "I would probably be teaching you close combat attacks, how to use your body to the best of it's advantage, you are swift and agile not strong, of course I will raise your strength too but your other aspects are much more useful to you. As for weapons, nothing that will hinder you too much, short swords, daggers that can easily be kept on your person, in case of attack."

Pausing she glanced back at Ciel; "When am I starting?"
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:23 am

Ciel could see that she was disappointed that he didn't get annoyed at having to get up in the middle of the night for something and smirked a little bit. She obviously hadn't heard about his job, otherwise she would know that his job for the Queen kept him going at all hours of the night and day to do anything that was required for the country and it's safety,

"I don't see why that would be a problem as long as you stay away from my room and,... a certain other room." he told her, stiffening slightly at mentioning his parent's room, "I'm sure that you will find one to your liking. If not it can be arranged that one shall be changed to fit it."

Spotting her glaring at him for knowing something about her life, Ciel couldn't resist smirking a little bit wider and giving her a playful wink. Ah it was so fun to tease grown ups like that! The best part was the Ciel hadn't even read her files, he just pretended he had done to get under her skin like that,

"Oh my exploits..." he smirked a little bit wider and couldn't help but think about how odd it was that he felt comfortable enough around her to joke around with her this much so soon, "Well I suppose you'll get to see them close up, being part of the manor now."

Ciel listened attentively when she spoke about just what he would be learning, his eye widening slightly with each topic that she had brought forwards to his attention. He had to admit that she sounded like she knew what she was doing. He nodded mutely and Sebastian added,

"I believe the young master find this to be most good." he agreed with a small smirk, "You certainly cover all the bases. And I believe you start now, those were the instructions my young master said we were going to give you if you accepted the offer."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:33 am

Jessica merely liked a room with a balcony, she always liked having a room with multiple escape routes in case something happened, she liked to have more than one way out of a situation. Humming softly she thought about the kind of opulent rooms she would most likely be a privy to when she was staying in the manor, such rooms she had never seen most likely, given her background, but she had no desire to own a house like that, even though now she had the money to.

Raising an eyebrow when Ciel winked at her Jessica smirked right back at him, so he wasn't a child was he? That seemed pretty playful and childish to her. Although, that was a good thing, a child who wasn't a child was a very sad thing indeed, she knew all about that from her own childhood.

"You are under the impression I want to hear them." she stated with a rather bored expression "I only overheard in passing of your recent adventures, so I wouldn't think yourself too interesting my little Earl." Jessica teased with a wink.

When his eye widened with each thing she said, Jessica was a little concerned she was pushing him too hard to soon, he wasn't even speaking was he in shock she actually knew how to do her job or something? She had been doing it long enough. When the butler stepped in she smiled lightly and nodded her head, an actual smile this time.

"Alright then, I shall start now." Jessica stated, pulling out a knife from her sleeve swiftly and charging towards Ciel without any notice, stopping the blade just shy of his other eye, she laughed and flipped the knife in the air, holding the handle towards him "Lesson number one, always be alert, always, I could have killed you that second if I had so chosen."
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:45 am

Ciel had to admit that he was acting rather out of character for himself right now - he was teasing her and acting more playful than he had done in many years. No doubt he would change that as soon as he was able to though. Nothing good could come of him acting more like a child after all. He was not a child, he was a Lord, he was a fiancé and he was the bulldog of the Queen of England.

He was not, could not be, a child.

When she pretended (at least he thought she was pretending) not to really care about the public exploits, he gritted his teeth a little bit In anger. He wouldn't rise to it childishly though. She had likely said it to get just such a reaction out of him after all! But he would show her, he would not react like a child would. Instead he just frowned a little bit, not noticing that it came off as more of a pout than a frown,

"Well regardless, I'm sure that my adventures have thrilled many others." he declared, not noticing that he was fully pouting, causing Sebastian to chuckle a little bit to himself, "You'll find that I'm more interesting than you know Jessica Bristow."

When she attacked him with the dagger, Ciel's heart leapt into his throat and his eye widened a lot more than it ever had before. He flinched a little bit at the approaching weapon. Sebastian didn't move an inch though and that was what stopped Ciel from shouting out in surprise, even though he was very shaken up. Swallowing thickly, he tried to put up a brave front,

"W-well Sebastian didn't move so I knew you'd stop..." he countered, sounding weak even to his own ears to be perfectly honest. He swallowed a little bit but nodded, "I... er.... thank you for the lesson Miss Bristow. I hope they're not all quite so... jarring."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:53 am

Jessica almost laughed when she saw how much her little comment had gotten to Ciel, she wasn't going to baby him but she wanted to be able to nurture the hope that there was a little part of him that was still going to enjoy the simple things and joys of being young. There was no need for him to grow up so entirely after all, even in some aspects he was quite developed, in others she was sure he was not.

It looked so much like a pout she wanted to pinch his cheek but instead Jessica merely stayed stood in front of him, surveying him with rather blank eyes, so that he wouldn't get riled up again by her showing some sort of emotion he didn't agree with.

"Oh I sincerely doubt you're as interesting to me as you think you are." she stated with a small soft smile, she had met many people, creatures, and they all seemed more interesting than Ciel "But I shall patiently wait for you to prove me wrong then, Phantomhive."

Looking up at Sebastian when Ciel mentioned he was the reason he hadn't moved or cried out, Jessica got that feeling there was something off with the man, something that was...unnatural. Who was she to talk? She was truly unnatural herself. Many people had called her a demon, it was getting to the point now where Jessica just accepted that they might just be right.

"If they aren't all this 'jarring'" she teased "Where ever will the fun be for me? You can call me Jess if you want, Miss Bristow is kind of creepy."

Ruffling the back of her hair, she hummed; "If you're satisfied with your first lesson, might I suggest that we retire for the night, I can start properly after my errand tomorrow, around 4 in the afternoon."
Back to top Go down
Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:03 am

Ciel had to admit that it was refreshing to be allowed, to be encouraged, to tease and be playful again. To be honest he had sort of missed it. Being dry and sarcastically witty all of the time was no fun for him, not fun at all. And despite his best efforts he was still fixated with the childish desire for everything to have some element of fun in it or else it was deemed not useful.

He had to admit that she was getting to him with her disinterest but he was sure that she would change her tune when it came down to living at the manor and seeing it all,

"Oh we'll see about that when you're living at the manor." he told her with a little smirk before bowing his head slightly to her, "You shan't have to wait long madam, you'll find we Phantomhives are full of surprises and wit to match."

He swallowed a little bit when she said that they would all be that jarring. Well now he was regretting having ever met up with her. Nodding that he was satisfied, he took a few steps away from where she had pointed her knife,

"Very well then... Jess, I shall see you tomorrow at 4." he agreed, "We'll get your room sorted out then as well. Good day madam."

With a tip of his hat, Ciel and Sebastian made their way out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)   I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to be better (Ciel and Jessica)
Page 1 of 1