The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Empty
PostSubject: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:37 am

Tallis had recently moved to Summer Bay in New South Wales, because she was having an exchange programme at the university not far from there, there was a small trailer park where she had gotten a caravan. Smiling softly as she hopped out of said caravan, Tallis wandered down to the main bit of the town she wanted to be able to have something to eat after her hours and hours of copious studying.

It was hardly light reading to be scouring through her Kant text book and she needed to face the light of day before it disappeared altogether at some point.

So she had decided to dress in her faded ripped black shorts, black silver studded ankle boots and a plain white top that hung over her shoulders with a corset like top hugging it into her figure. If she had to say who her look was sampled on it would be that woman from Van Helsing, whoever Kate Beckinsale played. Humming to herself as she wondered further down the coast, Tallis found what appeared to be a little restaurant, having only seen it a few times before, never actually eating in there, she decided she'd give it a go.

Of course, the first stop would be the bar, Kant required several glasses of wine before she got back to being able to talk about normal things and stopped relating everything back to 'duty'.

Sighing softly she wandered into the restaurant and kept her gaze glued to the floor, god she hated she;d picked the only town to stay in where everyone knew everyone. They always gossiped about her whenever they saw her, simply because she kept to herself and hadn't really been outgoing and friendly with most since she got here.

Sitting down on one of the stools at the bar she ordered; "A large glass of sweet white please." before pulling out her rather trashy novel 'Gabriel's Inferno' to read.
Back to top Go down
Darryl Braxton

Darryl Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:44 am

Darryl had chosen today to do a little bit of in-house inspection so to speak with his little brother Kyle. The guy was a reliable manager but Darryl wanted to know that Kyle was down for whatever it was the brothers Braxton got up to. It would be no good to them if the guy was going to go and snitch on them for whatever reason... probably to try and steal Casey's girlfriend or something stupid like that.

Rolling his neck muscles a little bit, having gotten a little bit of a cramp in his neck due to a bad wave the other day, Darryl entered the restaurant to find a woman he had never met before sat at the bar.

This was significant for a number of reasons.

One was, quite simply, that she was there. Someone new was in this little back water town and he had only just realised this when he first saw her... the town gossips must have been getting slower in their old age or something because normally he would have heard by now.

Two, she was a very attractive young lady to be sure. If he was to try and get with her he was sure he'd have to warn his brothers away from her. After all, he didn't want to be fighting his brothers over her, no matter how beautiful she was.

Seeing Kyle moving to take her order, he sat down at the bar beside her and nodded to Kyle,

"Jac'an' cok' yea' son?" he ordered from the bar before turning to the woman with a small smirk, "G'day ther'... nic' te mee' yer. I ain' seen you aroun' her', you new shelia?"
Back to top Go down
Kyle Braxton

Kyle Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:51 am

Kyle had not been looking forward to today if he was honest with himself. His older brother Darryl had decided that he was going to grill him about keeping family secrets and all that kind of thing. Honestly, it was like Darryl thought he would rat on his brothers for the slightest little thing. Chuckling a little bit, he had to admit to himself that he would still dump Casey in the desert again if he had the chance... little prick just annoyed the hell out of him.

Seeing the attractive, new, woman sitting at the bar of the restaurant, Kyle's eyes widened a little bit and he couldn't help but check her out. Damn if she wasn't an attractive woman to be damned sure! He had to get himself under control as he moved over to the bar,

"Swe't whit' comin' righ' up daarlin'." he told her as he opened a bottle of wine from the fridge before pouring her a glass of it, "Sinc' you'r new hows abou' this one is on the house eh?"

He looked to Darryl for permission as he made his older brother's drink. Getting the permission, he made himself a glass of wine as well and he sipped it a little bit,

"So wha' brin's you dow' to our lil' tow'?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:01 am

Tallis couldn't help but look at the boy over the top of her book, her cheeks were flushed because she was reading a particularily steamy section and of course because there was someone sitting next to her now she shut the book and placed it on the bar so that nobody could look at the blurb. Honestly having people know she was reading a book anywhere close to Fifty Shades was a little shameful.

As the man who was now sitting next to her spoke she blinked a little and turned to look at him, her large rather wide brown eyes locked onto his as she took in his appearance, she couldn't help but really think he was attractive in a rugged muscled sort of way, not her usual type if she was honest but...that might be a good thing.

"Uhm yes I'm new, I'm doing a summer exchange at the University not far from here, I got a place to live not far away from here." she stated with a small smile "Just trying to get away from the books for a little while you know."

When the bartender, who was also very attractive made her a free drink she blinked again and blushed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Tallis couldn't believe that there were two attractive men sitting next to her it was like today was her lucky day, this never happened back at home! They were talking to her as well.

"Really? A free drink?" she asked uncertainly "Well...thanks." Tallis beamed and sipped at her wine with a soft smile on her lips "I came for something to eat but, normally I'm a little short of sentinent after studying, drinking comes first."
Back to top Go down
Darryl Braxton

Darryl Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:07 am

Darryl couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and smirk slightly at seeing her blushing so much about the book that she was reading. Of course, her putting it down almost immediately afterwards kind of gave it away that it wasn't exactly Biff and Chip. He smirked a little bit, maybe it was like that Fifty Shades book that lots of women seemed to like?

She had rather wide eyes, he admitted to himself as he looked at her properly from close up for the first time, taking his chance to look her up and down as he did so. He hummed a little bit to himself as he noticed this and noticed that she was checking him out in return. He smirked a little bit,

"Ah on'a them uni studen's eh?" he grinned a little bit when she commented on getting away from the books for a little while, "Well I ain't nev'r been to uni but I can tell you hav' to be bloomin' clev'r jus' to ge' past the exams and stuff. So well don' to you shelia."

He nodded in agreement to Kyle, both of the free drink and the unspoken question about whether or not Kyle could drink too. Since it wasn't busy yet he would let his brother have this little slide in the rules. He chuckled a little bit,

"Drinkin' yer sorrows away huh?" he teased her a little bit, "Yer frustrat'n go'a nam' by any chanc'?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:20 am

Tallis smiled softly when she heard that the man was commenting on her University work, it was hard to get in and it was expensive too so the free drink was going to be one of the saving graces of the night, especially as it seemed fairly alcoholic, would do the job of two lesser drinks she was sure about that. Maybe she would have to come here a lot more often.

"Thank you." she smiled shyly "It took me a lot of work to get in and to be honest I am short of cash with the student loan just managing to pay for everything...ah the life of a student."

Grinning she took another sip of the wine, she was normally so shy and reserved, and she supposed that she was still pretty reserved, she wouldn't have spoken to they guys if they hadn't started doing it first. Tallis cupped her wine in her hands and watched the little beads run down the glass.

"What do you do then, do you guys know each other?" she asked with a small smile, they did seem to know each other, maybe they were related or something?

As the bartender started to drink too Tallis smiled at him and ran her hands through her hair, mussing it up slightly as she thought back to the book she had just been reading, god it was dull.

"Yeah they do, it goes by the name of Kant." she laughed "A darn frustrating man. Are you here for the same reason?"
Back to top Go down
Kyle Braxton

Kyle Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:27 am

Kyle had to admit that seeing her blushing like this was really bigging up his ego a little bit. Of course he had to assume that she was blushing because of him as well as his older brother. Most women were only ever interested in Darryl to be honest and it was rather annoying. But hopefully he had found a beautiful woman who was into him more than his brother,

"Yea' a drin' on the hous' since the hous' is sittin' nex' to you." he teased her a little bit before adding, with a little wink, "An' we go' a policy abou' no' chargin' beautif'l wom'n lik' yersel' shela."

Sipping at his own wine as she spoke about the troubles of being a student, he raised an eyebrow when she mentioned being short on cash and glanced at Darryl. Maybe they could employ her here to be a waitress or something like that? It was worth looking into just to see more of her around the restaurant, as far as Kyle was concerned.

He drank some more of his wine and smirked a little bit when she asked if the two of them knew each other. Nodding, he smirked a little wider,

"You coul' say tha'." he joked a little bit, "I kidnapp'd his youn'r broth'r onc'... but we don' press charg's agains' family an' Cas'y was fin'. I'm his lil' broth'r."

When she mentioned Kant, Kyle blinked a few times. He vaguely recalled being lectured about the man but only very vaguely. He shrugged a little bit,

"I ain' studyin' jac' an' neith'rs he." he paused before adding, with a smirk, "We are drinkin' cus we're frustrat'd though. Mainly at eac' oth'r."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:37 am

Tallis smiled softly when the bartender flattered her, gently she traced her finger around the rim of her glass trying to make sure that she didn't get too riled up with his flirtatious comments. Although, she thought she was going to definitely going to have to come here more often if they weren't going to charge her to have her drinks here, free drinks, free wifi and a place to read her books, what more does she need?

She was a little surprised though to hear the other man owned the place though, he didn't seem like the person to own a restaurant, more like a motorcycle workshop.

"You kidnapped his brother?" she asked with an incredulous expression "And you...are alright with that?" she turned her head and looked at the other man sitting next to her "Well I guess everyone has family issues, I suppose I wish I could kidnap my little brother some days."

Returning to her drink she took another sip or two before placing it back down, it was nice to be here talking with new people and being able to make new friends, normally she would never do something like this, perhaps all this ocean air was agreeing with her? She hoped so.

"Sounds like we're all trying to forget our bad day." she stated with a soft smile on her lips "I'm Tallis by the way, Tallis Absolon, pleased to meet the both of you."
Back to top Go down
Darryl Braxton

Darryl Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:48 am

Darryl had to admit that if Kyle flirted with all of the customers like this he was going to have to consider pulling his brother off of the bar. The guy was getting far too comfortable with this sexy little student for Darryl's liking and he made sure that he told his little brother so silently with a single look. When she explained that her frustration came from reading about a guy called Kant, Darryl's mind actually made a connection back to his school days,

"Ah he's a philosopher righ'?" he grinned a little bit, "All hun' up on duty an' all tha' righ'? Been a whil' sinc' I did anythin' lik' tha' but I remember him bein' a bleedin' har'cas' to be sur'. You'll deserv' every drin' yer ge' by the en'a the nigh' if you've been revisin' him all day."

He smirked a little bit when Kyle mentioned the story of Kyle kidnapping Casey. To be honest Casey had really had it coming for awhile... the kid had gotten so arrogant that it was stifling. But his little trip to the desert cleared that right up,

"Well to be fai'... Cas'y really nee'd to pull himsel' togeth'r an' nothin' does tha' bett'r than some tim' in the bus' you kno'?" he joked a little bit before snorting a little bit, "Don', too muc' hassl' when they com' bac' in the en'... as this geni's foun' ou' himsel'."

Drinking some of his mixer, downing it faster since it was smoother and colder on this hot day, he sighed a little bit in contentment before reaching out and shaking Tallis' hand, kissing the back of it with a little smirk,

"Pleasur' is all min' shela... Tallis." he told her with a grin before nodding to her, "My nam' is Darryl. An' tha's the kiwi spellin', no' the yank spellin'."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:58 am

Tallis grinned and nodded her head, she was glad to have someone else to talk to about her work, even though it seemed that he was going to illustrate a rather limited understanding given the fact he didn't seem to be the academic sort. Probably was trying to impress her or something by mentioning him, although that thought did do little flippy things to her stomach, such a handsome man trying to impress her? What a new and novel concept.

"You bet." Tallia laughed softly, it was a sweet and gentle sound "I'm thinking of having a legendary student hangover tomorrow after crawling my way back to the caravan tonight, been a while since I've let my hair down." she stated with a small smile on her lips.

To be honest she thought that it was a little odd that kidnapping a member of the family had gone down so well between the two brothers...although she didn't really think they were the normal type of family, but then again that might not be a bad thing. On the other hand all the stares and whispers from others around them was putting her in a bad mood.

"Darryl, nice to meet you." she said with a soft smile, moving her hand back to her lap, gently stroking her skin where he had kissed her "Do you normally kiss all the ladies' hands you meet?" Tallis asked with a little smirk on her lips.

Taking up her wine she finished the last of the drink and sighed softly; "Now I'm feeling slightly more human. So, you own the place Darryl? It must be pretty cool to boss your brothers around, I sure hope he treats you right." she joked, directing that last towards Kyle.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Braxton

Kyle Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:08 am

Kyle was getting a little bit annoyed that Darryl was already trying to steal her away from him and they hadn't even spoken more than a few words to each other! It was maddening to him and he was beginning to wish that his older brother would do him a great favour and get lost. After all, what did Darryl know about Kantian Ethics and Philosophy? He knew next to nothing! Even Kyle knew more about it than he did and philosophy had been one of the few subjects that Kyle hadn't excelled in,

"With morally goo' thin's bein' bas'd on doin' yer duty abov' all else." he added with a small smirk before grinning a little bit, "I recon' you shoul' get proper don'in'! If you nee' a bi' of'a han' hom' then you jus' as' me or my bro' an' we'll see you righ' bac' hom'."

Of course, all joking aside, the kidnapping thing had been years ago and the brothers had had a lot of time to bond and, basically, get over it. After all, why would they want to dwell on it when they could just move past it? He frowned slightly when he kissed the back of her hand before smirking a little bit,

"An' I'm Kyle." he told her with a little smirk, "I'd kiss you too bu' I ten' to kiss beautif'l wom'n on the chee's when I firs' mee' them an' som' peopl' don' lik' tha'."

Sipping his wine, he rolled his eyes a little bit when she asked if Darryl treated him right as an employer,

"He's no' all tha' bad I suppos'..." he smirked a little bit and added, "'cept' when he's doin' the wal'a sham'... then he's usel'ss for the day. So he's usel'ss a lo'."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:19 am

Tallis smiled softly when the other guy started talking about Kant but she rolled her eyes a little bit and grinned at him, to be honest she thought that if she heard one more thing about Kant tonight she would turn into a bezerker and go ripping up everything and anything that had the letters K, A, N and T on it. Although, she was hoping that she wouldn't be so riled up after her second drink.

"If I hear another thing about duty tonight I swear I'm going to flip a switch, he is so dull." she grinned "I'm just excited to finally get to study what I want to, instead of what they think makes a good degree course. Anyway, enough about me, what things are there for a girl to do around here?"

Having just arrived she really didn't know what to do here apart from looking around the beach, sunbathing and swimming, none of which were really her thing, although she wasn't above a few hours of relaxing on the beach while she was reading her course books.

"Thanks for the offer." Tallis blushed softly "I'd appreciate it, very nice of you."

Laughing softly at what Kyle said she grinned at him, he seemed to be a lot less intimidating than his brother, it seemed as if despite appearances they both got along quite well; "I'm sure that's not true." she laughed softly "What's good here to eat, don't say everything..." she joked.

Looking at all the drinks along the bar top she hummed and decided on the one that she wanted; "I think I'll have a double vodka and coke, if you don't mind Kyle."
Back to top Go down
Darryl Braxton

Darryl Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:36 am

Darryl had to smirk a little bit when Kyle's little plan backfired on him when she commented about how dull she found Kant and how she was definitely fed up with the guy. He couldn't help but smirk a little bit that Kyle seemed to be trying, and failing, to hold her full attention. Chuckling a little bit he shook his head a little bit and finished the mixer, tapping the top of the glass to order another, weaker, one,

"Alrigh' then we'll not mention him again." he told her with a little chuckle before nodding a little bit at her comments about the degree. Honestly he had no idea what went one with degrees but he just nodded along to let her know that he was still listening, "Well if you don' lik' te beac', the sea or the san' then you migh' be in the wron' plac'. To be hones' ther's a few nigh'clubs an' bars on the beac' fron' an' tha's abou' it. We're a real bac' wat'r her'."

When she asked about what was good to eat he chuckled a little bit before humming and thinking through the menu quickly. A lot of the dishes he was rather good at making, if he did say so himself, and others the chef was much better at making. In the end he thought of something,

"Well the sur' an' tur' is brillian'." he admitted before grinning, "Or mayb' you'd lik' to try a 'roo' burg'r? Big, fillin' an' chock' full'a mea'."

He accepted a weaker whiskey and coke and immediately drank quite a lot of it down, to cool off from the heat of the day. The door to the restaurant flung open and Darryl looked up to see the intruder just in time to receive a right cross to the face that sent him sprawling to the floor. The attacker, one Heath Braxton, growled a little bit,

"You lil' bastar' I tol' you no' to go an' bully my girl!" he spat at the other man in anger, "Yer an absolut' asshol' you kno' tha' Brax'?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:47 am

Tallis smiled softly when she heard that there wasn't really much to do around here, that was why she had come here so that she would be forced to study a lot of the time, although it was beginning to backfire on her a little bit because she sure as hell wasn't going to be studying all the time, especially when it came to the days she had lots of lectures when University started again.

"I guess I'm going to be doomed and stuck in my caravan most of the day then." she stated with a soft sigh, but a teasing smile on her lips to show that she didn't really mind that much "Although I might be persuaded to lay down on the beach a few hours a week if push comes to shove."

Hearing what was good she teasingly raised an eyebrow when he mentioned the kangaroo burger, it was so full of meat that she didn't think that she was going to be able to eat it even though she was very hungry. Looking over the menu over Darryl's shoulder she smiled lightly up at him before glancing back down;

"Well then, on your recommendation I think I shall go with the surf and turf." she laughed softly "Although you might have to share it with me my appetite isn't too big these days."

As the door to the restaurant swung open Tallis turned to see who entered and in such an aggressive manner too, but when the man stormed over to Darryl and punched him hand in the face she cried out in surprise and shock as he fell to the floor. Oh my god! What should she do!

"H-hey you can't just go around punching people like that!" Tallis stated, standing from her bar stool, the alcohol making her braver "That is no way to handle a situation, you are merely exacerbating things!"
Back to top Go down
Kyle Braxton

Kyle Braxton

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:59 am

Kyle had to admit that he didn't like that there was so little choice as to what to do around her either. It was rather annoying to be so limited. Although part of his resentment likely came from the fact that he was one of four brothers and all three of the others could surf much better than he could so he avoided surfing at all costs, simply because to practice would get him such a ribbing that it just wasn't worth it,

"Well if you'v go' yersel' a car or a rid' then you can hop alon' to the nex' tow' ov'r." he told her with a little bit of a shrug, "Mall an' cinema ther' at leas'. I'd recommen' you work on your tan girl... pal' skin will hur' you very soo'."

Making up the vodka and coke that she had ordered, he handed it to her before scoffing a little bit and shaking his head ever so slightly,

"You goin' for the sur' an' tur' an' you're not tha' hungry?" he smirked a little bit but shook his head with a rueful little grin, "You'll nee' all three'a us to put a den' in tha' thin' if you ain' hungry I'm afrai' man."

When Heath came in and decked Darryl, Kyle had to admit that a part of him lept for joy. After all, this meant that Darryl would have less chance to try an chat up Tallis and keep her away from him. And Kyle had his eye on Tallis that was for sure. He grimaced a little bit and pulled Tallis back a bit before he stepped forwards to try and calm them down,

"Hey now fella's you'v go'a jus' rel'x a lil bit yer hea' me?" he urged her before sighing a little bit when Heath rounded on him instead,

"He's been harassin' my girl!" he growled a little bit angrily before pausing upon seeing Tallis. He frowned a little bit, "You're not one of Brax's regular type of girls... you new aroun' her'?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

Tallis was sure that she had never been in a situation like this before, she had never been in the middle of a bar fight before and she didn't know what she was going to do now that she was in the middle of one. Kyle was pushing her back so that she couldn't get involved any more than she already was, she knew that she had no way of handling the guy if he came close enough to decking her one. Tallis was sure he wouldn't hit a woman but she didn't want to take that chance.

Blinking when she heard the man address her like this, Tallis didn't really know what to say, hearing that Brax was the kind of man who had lots of girls definitely didn't endear her to him that was for sure. Kind of made sense with all the hand kissing and all of that lark.

"Yes, I am." she stated in a clipped tone, sending a glare to each of the brothers "I guess I'll be going then, so much for my fun night."

Sighing she picked up her bag and swung on her heel leaving the bar and the men to their own macho fighting, she just hoped that she was going to be able to find a place that sold alcohol still open for her now big night at home going on Chatroulette to laugh at all of the sad people there who were trying to pick girls up on the internet.

Only then did she realise she left her book, cursing, she thought that those guys knowing she read sort of steamy books was the least problem she had right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)   Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring Braxton Territory (Tallis and Braxtons)
Page 1 of 1