The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Empty
PostSubject: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 am

Adam was a man out of time, a man who straddled the ages and watched on as the world around him seemed to go by as if in fast forward. It was amazing how much the world could change since he had been younger. Back then the world had seemed so large and so wild. Now the world seemed much smaller and oh so more advanced.

But people never changed.

While the world changed, the people in it did not. All of their hate had turned to wars, wars which had decimated the population and, in some cases, the planet. And one thing he had seen time and time again was that people like him, people with abilities, had to remain hidden until the world was ready.

It was 1972 and he knew that the world was still not ready. But the world didn't have much of a choice in the matter at the moment. More and more evolved humans were appearing and they were developing increasingly destructive powers. Pyromaniacs with fire abilities burning down buildings. Hell, that 'Roswell' scare back in the 1950s had been due to an evolved human who had the ability to take off like a rocket; his feet literally spewed forth fire until he took off.

They needed to be helped to control their powers. And those who were unable to, or unwilling to, needed to be stopped. But right now he wanted to look to the past a little bit. Being next in line for the medium's tent, Adam grinned a little bit as he entered,

"Knock knock." he called out in his british accent, "I was told that you're pretty good at this."
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:28 am

Mihkayla had been seeing people all day, it was like she had a continual stream of money flowing through the door...there was no way she would have thought she would have been this popular when she first started doing this a few weeks ago but...but now it was like an everyday thing. Word had spread after her first few readings, and more people flocked to her to commune with their long gone relatives, because she was different from the others.

She was different because she really could see them, she really could talk to them and commune their wishes, their last words.

Normally people would charge extortionate prices for doing this, but she was actually one of the cheapest around as well. Mihkayla didn't think that it was right to get money out of people for reading the ghosts around them, but, she needed to live and this was a pretty good way of making that money for her apartment, her food and her rent of this little room in the fairground.

As the next person wandered into her tent she smiled brightly at the man, and immediately, her eyes widened a little bit. Wow did this guy have a heck of a lot of people wanting to come through to get messages across. Holding up a finger, Mihkayla quickly took two ibuprofen to dull the oncoming headache before smiling again.

"Hi there." Mihkayla greeted "Please take a seat, make yourself comfortable. I guess you've been hearing all that talk from my clients, I don't pretend to be anything special, but...I am the best that there is." she grinned "It'll be $20 for the reading before we get started, if that's okay?"

Waiting for the money she couldn't help but remark; "You know, I've never seen someone with as many visitors as you have, from all different ages too its strange..." Mihkayla hummed.
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:40 am

Adam had to admit that he had been expecting a gypsy woman in all honesty, they seemed to have a monopoly on the fortune telling and speaking to the dead thing. But this one didn't seem to have a touch of gypsy blood in her entire body and that was very interesting to say the least. He smirked a little bit as he walked into the tent, letting the flap fall down,

"Thank you." he took the seat offered to her and casually leant forwards to speak to her, "I must say that you're not what I was expecting but if your abilities are as good as they say then I just might be paying you a lot of money. $20 is fine for now... I'll give you a tip if I get some tough questions answered."

Sliding the $20 note onto the table, he paused for a second when she remarked on the times periods of the people who were trying to visit him. It was obvious that he would have spirits from different ages but no other medium had been able to tell that. He slowly relaxed a little bit,

"Well now this has never occurred before." he admitted with a little chuckle, "Alright then... is there a man from about Chicago trying to talk to you? Perhaps a Japanese woman?"

He doubted that she could really see them but he was willing to have an open mind about this sort of thing. After all, a lot of people doubted that he was not only invincible but also immortal. Although most people just couldn't handle the idea that he was either one.
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 am

Mihkayla was very tempted to say that this guy was attractive, because...well he was. He didn't seem to have a single line on him or any scars. Yet, something was telling her that there was more to this guy than met the eye, especially with all of these people coming to see him, with so many messages. Although, none of them seemed to be very nice messages...which told her something else about this man, perhaps he couldn't be trusted.

"Alright then, I look forwards to that big fat tip on the table by the end of the session. There has been no question that I have been unable to answer for a client before and I don't intend to start doing so now, especially for such an interesting client." Mihkayla commented, clasping her hands together on the top of the table.

Smiling lightly Mihkayla found herself enjoying the small talk that was easing them into the start of this reading; "So this is your first visit to a medium?" she asked "Don't worry, it's not as scary as everyone makes out that it is."

As she slowly closed her eyes, Mihkayla concentrated on shifting through the ghosts here to speak to this man...who seemed to have all sorts of different messages for him but...with all different manners of address. Older shades were calling him Kensei, but the newer ones were calling him Adam Monroe. It was most confusing. Eventually she called up the Japanese woman and the man from Chicago, who were both present.

"Both presences are here with us in the tent." she stated, her eyes still closed "The Japanese lady in question, would she have had long brown hair to her waist? She has appeared wearing a light purple tunic top and a dark purple skirt along with it. Does she perhaps have some affiliation to swords? The gentleman in question, is wearing a cream suit with matching trilby, has a rather notable scar on his left eyebrow, his hair appears from what I can see to be black and slicked back?"

Opening her eyes she frowned gently in concentration; "Are these the shades you have asked to speak with?"
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 am

Adam had to admit that this wasn't his first visit to a medium but there was niggling thought at the back of his head that was telling him that this might be his first visit to a real medium. Of course others had managed to catch glimpses of the people he had once known but this woman seemed to be able to guess what kind of people they were and that there were a lot of them,

"Of course, you'll have a rather nice tip if these questions are deemed good enough by me and me alone." he told her with a smirk before frowning slightly, "Don't worry, if you get the tip it means you're the only real medium that I've ever found... of course that just means that you'll be in for a really big tip at the end."

He waited patiently for her to begin. One of the things he liked to do for fun was to visit mediums, not so much to talk to people who had died but more to see who was a real medium and who wasn't. It was, honestly, rather funny to see who wasn't a medium. It might seem like an odd hobby and maybe it was but he wasn't going to apologise for it. His smirk faded slowly.

She had described two of the people closest to him in a matter of seconds... this was no ordinary fake medium. She knew what she was talking about. Knew who she was talking about. He swallowed a little bit thickly as he realised the reaction one spirit was likely to give him,

"If you'd be so kind... send the Japanese woman away." he asked her with a small smirk, "We didn't part ways on the best of terms."

Unknown to Adam the man, one Charlie Faustus, just snorted a little bit and spoke to Mihkayla,

"Understatement-a-reeno! Boyo here done fucked up right with this broad!" he joked a little bit, "Little girl hated his guts!"
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 am

Mihkayla raised an eyebrow with a soft smile on her lips, he liked to go and visit mediums often then did he? Well then she was going to have to do her best to give him all of the answers that he needed, and give them to him with as much detail as possible in order to give the best impression. She didn't know why but, she hated it when people genuinely believed she was a fraud, she wasn't. These people were right here in front of her!

"Like I said, I'll look forwards to it." she grinned "Work is the one thing I'm actually confident about, so you'll be handing that cash over."

Hearing the spirit womans message, Mihkayla actually flinched a little bit before doing as the man had asked and sending the woman away, blocking out her signals so that she would no longer pick her up. It was annoying to hear her constant insults niggling in the back of her mind while she focused on her descriptions.

Unable to stop her little giggle when the spirit known as Charlie Faustus began to speak to her, Mihkayla nodded her head and cracked a large smile;

"Ah yes, as I have just been informed by Charlie, besides, I could guess from all the names she was calling you. You should be glad that you didn't have to hear them." Mihkayla informed "I swear my ears were about to start bleeding with the profanity."

Sending a small smile to Charlie, who was now standing beside her, she turned her attention back to the man sitting there, still unsure of what to call him; "Now, was there anything specific you wanted to ask Mr. Faustus here? Be aware sometimes shades only have limited amounts of time for them to speak, until they run out of energy." Mihkayla informed with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 am

Adam had to admit that she did seem to be confident with good reason. The line had been massive when he had left it and it had been massive when he had first joined it. Seemed that the word on the street was that she was an actual medium. A real one that was and not one of the many, many fake ones. If he was basing it on confidence she likely would have already won by now. Chuckling a little bit, he took out another 20 but kept it in his hand,

"Well aren't you the confident one eh?" he teased her a little bit, "Who's to say you'll earn this little tip eh? It's rather hard to please me after all."

When she flinched he raised an eyebrow. She had met his first ex already? Well now that was a surprise. Maybe she was the real deal... but he wasn't about to just call her the winner just yet. He pressed the note to the table at this point, not entirely certain he should give it to her. When she mentioned Charlie but name though he slide her the tip,

"Not a question but that you've guessed his name is rather impressive." he admitted to her before smirking a little bit, "Glad that you see what I had to live through... painful isn't it?"

He hummed a little bit before deciding on what he was going to ask her,

"Alright a test question." he told her, holding up another 20, "Get it right you get another tip... did I sleep with his sister?"

Charlie smirked a little bit,

"Nah but not for lack of trying you dirty bastard!"
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:42 am

Mihkayla couldn't help but flash the man a confident smirk when he told her that the fact that she had guessed the mans name was rather impressive, rolling her eyes a little she was a little hurt that the guy thought that she was still only guessing. Not that she actually knew. Anything in the world that the dead knew or knows she could know, maybe it was time people started to just accept that when they saw her.

"Hey, I resent that, there is no guessing, he told me." she smirked, wiggling her eyebrows "He's rather cute too, you would have had some serious competition while this guy was around." Mihkayla commented shifting her gaze up to where Charlie was standing beside her, and noting the rather large lecherous grin he was now sporting.

Unable to stop herself giggling a little, Mihkayla shook her head; "You are bad. You did something really horrible to her, I'm not surprised she's been hanging around you all this time wanting to say what she has to say, you should listen to her otherwise she's going to continue to steal your left socks." she stated mock seriously.

When the man asked his question, Mihkayla raised an eyebrow and looked at Charlie who gave her the answer promptly, it seemed that these guys were rather close if he could dodge the punching for even flirting with his friends sister. Clearing her throat, Mihkayla closed her eyes before she let Charlie channel the answer through her, it was kind of more impressive than her just saying it.

Coughing again when he had finished, her voice returned to normal; "Wow, you guys must have been pretty close for you to get away with that. I know my brother would have pounded his friends hide into the ground."
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 am

Adam could tell that she was a little bit hurt when he figured that she was guessing. Even if she actually knew... could she really blame him? After all, almost every other medium had been faking it massively. He chuckled a little bit and held up his hands in a way of showing her that he hadn't meant to offend her with his words,

"Well you'll have to forgive me, every other medium I've been with has either been guessing or lying through their teeth." He told her honestly before laughing a little bit at her comment about Charlie, "Wow I guess you can see him too huh? Many's the time we got attacked and chased for being seen as too handsome."

It was a joke of course but they had been chased and attacked together by either sets of their enemies. He chuckled a little bit and nodded in agreement, as Charlie smirked (unknown to adam),

"Yeah well I guess she shouldn't have run off with carp huh?" he joked a little bit before frowning slightly, "So that's where they keep going! Man she can hold a grunge..."

When she completely, and accurately, channelled Charlie's voice, Adam's eyes widened and he fell backwards out of his chair. Righting both himself and the chair, he looked at her intensely while Charlie floated behind her unseen by him,

"What the hell was that? That was... brilliant!" he grinned, handing her the extra money before nodding, "Yeah well it was a near thing a few times... helped that his sister was a lesbian so wasn't interested though. Ask him... about our old dream."

Charlie seemed to sober up as he spoke,

"That all people with special abilities be kept safe and hidden until they can control said abilities..."
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:05 am

Mihkayla nodded her head when the man asked if she could see Charlie, of course she could see him he was trying his damnest to look down her top as he stood behind her. It made her want to roll her eyes but...the man was dead and she was going to allow him to have some fun while he could. Most likely after this he would stop appearing to Adam, and would go on to rest, or appear to some other human to finish his business with them.

"Oh yeah." she scoffed with a playful smile "I could see that happening you know, putting your hand up some poor girls skirt and having her boys chase you down the street for it, makes a lot of sense now that I think about it."

Unable to stop herself from letting out a large laugh at Adam's face, Mihkayla clutched at her sides as she tried to stop herself from descending into a laughing fit. However she didn't do very well at that and ended up sprawled over her side of the table, laughing her head off with tears springing to her eyes that was how hard she laughed.

"I just channelled his voice, I figured you would rather hear him answer, than my simply relaying his answers to you." she smiled gently "Sorry if I scared you for a minute there but your face was so rewarding to see."

Now that she was given another question, Mihkayla frowned softly and she closed her eyes, it was going to take a lot of energy but she wanted to be able to do it. The question was rather complicated and she thought that it would be best coming from the man in person. So, channelling her energy into Charlie himself, gradually, like a hologram he became visible standing behind her.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" she replied, her voice strained slightly through the effort to keep the projection of Charlie clear and distinct while he answered.
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 am

Adam had to admit that she had Charlie pegged down to a T. Of course he had done the same things, the difference was that most times Adam hadn't been the one to be turned down so harshly that physical violence was threatened. Normally Charlie had just dragged Adam along with him and he'd ended up being chase by association,

"Strangely enough that happened a few times..." he admitted before raising a finger, "But I'd like to point out that most of the time it was him who got us chased for doing that!"

Charlie nodded to Mihkayla with a cheeky little grin. When she laughed, Charlie laughed as well but the only person not laughing was Adam and he was more than a little red in the face. Muttering a little bit under his breath, he righted his chair and sat down it in again carefully,

"Sorry but that's a trick I've never heard of any mediums use... ever." he admitted, very impressed, "You have a gift Mihkayla... and I'm not sure if it's just the same as other mediums."

When Charlie began to appear in the room, Adam just watched with wide eyes until the gangster was fully formed. He turned to Mihkayla with his mouth wide open,

"How on earth did you manage that?!" he asked her, incredibly surprised, "What... Charlie is she an evolved human or something?"

Seeing Charlie's nod he relaxed a little bit before smirking a little bit and turning back to Adam, "I think our dream is closer to being realised than we ever though Adam. There is a group of young people who have the beginnings of the same idea... lead them Adam and it'll work out for the best alright? Have fun with your life Adam... god knows it'll last forever. Take care."

As Charlie began to disappear into the air, Adam smiled faintly and handed over all of his remaining notes, giving her $100 tip. He paused for a moment,

"Did you suddenly gain this power?" he asked quietly, "Or did you constantly train for it?"
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:32 am

Mihkayla was finding it hard to both talk and channel Charlie at the same time so she thought that at the moment, channeling Charlie was the most important thing. It was him that Adam had come to talk to not her after all. The subject they were talking about struck her as rather odd to be honest, she had no idea what it was that they could be thinking of as their idea but it sounded very strange to her.

Evolved human? That phrase stuck out in her mind, she didn't know what he meant by that but...she had an idea. One day, when she was younger, this had started to happen to her, it had been frightening, and it had been sudden but now she was used to it, she could control her power now and use it for good.

At the end of Charlie's message Mihkayla tried to hold onto him but he was fading away, she couldn't keep hold of him and before she knew it he was gone. Gasping softly and opening her eyes Mihkayla could feel that she had been crying from the force and also from the emotional echo that Charlie had left inside of her as they had been connected.

It was so sad to see him go, to know she would never see him again.

"You...you don't need to give me that." she whispered softly, wiping at her tears with the sleeve of her top, hoping that no more would spill out while her client was still sitting in the seat opposite her, it was always awkward when that happened "My apologies, sometimes...people leave emotional imprints on me when I show them like that or they are particularily strong spirits...I should be fine in a few moments."

Sighing softly, running her hand through her hair to calm herself, Mihkayla answered Adam's question; "I got it rather suddenly when I was a child, I was in a car crash that killed my parents and my older brother but...that was when I started to see spirits, shades, ghosts whatever you want to call them." she explained with a small smile "You want to explain why you have spirits visiting you from Ancient Japan through to modern day? Or should I just guess." Mihkayla teased softly.
Back to top Go down
Adam Monroe

Adam Monroe

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 am

Adam had never had another friend like Charlie. After Charlie's murder, Adam had hunted down the murderers and killed each and everyone of them but, as he knew, it didn't bring his friend back. In the end all it had done was fill him with a certain amount of sadness that his greatest and best friend (carp didn't count) was gone.

He coughed a little bit to try and shift some of the uncomfortable feelings of guilt and sadness that had arisen with Charlie's disappearance. Sighing a little bit, he noticed a little more than a second later that she was crying too. He blinked a few times as he saw her trying to regain control of her emotions to keep from weeping,

"It's alright, I wanted to give you it for doing such an amazing job and letting me speak to my best friend one last time." he told her softly before nodding in understanding when she told him why she was crying like that, "Ah that makes sense... you can, um... take your time. There's no hurry don't worry."

He frowned in concentration when she explained how and when it had started. It was all beginning to make perfect sense to him if he was honest with himself. She must have an ability like he had but was using it without actually knowing what exactly her power was. He coughed a little bit when she questioned him about the spirits that followed him,

"Well my dear I have some good news and bad news. Bad news is that you're not human anymore... you're something more. Good news is that there are many others just like you... like us." he admitted with a sly grin, "I can heal from any injury, even fatal ones, almost instantly and am immortal.... that's why there are so many. I'm... several centuries old."
Back to top Go down
Mihkayla Quinn

Mihkayla Quinn

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 am

Mihkayla smiled gently and she took the money that Adam offered her, she thought that it would be rude to refuse it and it could buy her some serious loads of ice cream to get over her day today, she'd done this twice today now and it was so hard on her poor emotions. It was like she was on a super strength period or she was pregnant or something.

Now she was more collected she felt like she would be able to carry on a conversation like a normal person again; "Well...thank you very much, I guess I'm the real thing after all then huh?" Mihkayla asked with a playful smile on her lips, often she tried to use humour to cover things up when she was upset, to cover how she really felt.

Hearing that Adam had some news for her, Mihkayla tilted her head to one side, wondering what it could possibly be...normally she was the one giving the news so she thought that she might as well enjoy the situation while it lasted. Although, the news made her heart drop into her stomach and she gaped for a little while;

"W-what do you mean I'm not human any more?!" she yelled "Who are you to tell me something like that? I am too human! I'm not some monster or something like that just because I can see dead people!"

Steely she gritted her teeth in anger, honestly it was just like all of those shrinks said when she had been through the accident, she was just acting out about her abilities because her parents had died but...when she showed them she was right, they called her all of those horrible things. Frowning softly she tilted her head to one side;

"So, if I threw my crystal ball at your head, you wouldn't even get a bruise? Huh how irritating." she sighed "I guess it explains really well about all your shades though...you must have had an interesting life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)   See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

See my past, be my future (Adam and Mihkayla)
Page 1 of 1