The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Jessica had gone back to the carnival, only this time she had gone with Noah, she didn't want to go back alone but he had told her that the best way to sort this all out was to try and take down Samuel, the leader of the circus because he was the one calling all the shots.

If someone was going to have her killed, he would be the one to do it, and Jessica did not fancy being killed. Especially not after her talk with Noah in the restaurant. It had given her renewed strength to carry on, and something to aim for, something to reward her for carrying on with her struggles and coming out the other side.

True she might have mental problems, true she might not have the most PC of powers but...Jessica could make it with Noah's help and she would make it in the end. That's all that mattered.

Gritting her teeth she stepped out of the car they had travelled in, slipped on her sunglasses and slipped her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket. Her red bowling skirt matched her bright red Doc Martens and Jessica did enjoy the envious stares others gave her as she wore them, her ripped fishnet tights and tshirt added to her rather alternative look, although she was toned down from last time she was here.

A little nervous she looked up at Noah for silent reassurance that he knew what the best plan for them would be.

"Well we found it, so, what's next? Are we going in nicely first, or, kicking ass and taking names?" she smirked, punching one balled fist into the palm of her open other hand.
Back to top Go down
Noah Bennet

Noah Bennet

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Noah checked his gun for what felt like the millionth time that day but was probably only the second or third. He had to control himself after all and almost no one was better at that than he was. He was nervous but he could, and would, control it. As he finished parking the car he chuckled a little bit as he got out and locked it,

"You seem to be enjoying the idea of us attacking a carnival." he teased her a little bit, "But I'm hoping we can do it without having to shoot our way through civilians and alike. After all, I don't want innocent blood on my hands. And something tells me some of the carnival folk aren't going to be too friendly."

He hummed a little bit as he inspected the place from the outside. It had been annoyingly hard to find this damned carnival, apparently one of the carny's had the ability to transport it over large distances almost instantly. Kind of like Hiro's teleportation but on a larger scale it seemed. He paid the entrance fee for the two of them,

"First lets have a bit of a look around alright?" he suggested, "See if we can't find Samuel before he finds us... and if we sort it all out quickly I can have a look around for a wayward friend of mine."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Jessica nodded her head, she didn't like to kill innocent people but there wasn't a lot that she could do when she was taken over by dark forces, sometimes they asked her to do things that normally she wouldn't do. But there would be none of that today, she was trying to turn into goody two shoes Mihkayla so that she wouldn't be locked up again by someone, because always there was someone willing to lock her up somehow.

"I'm enjoying the idea of me not having to jump at every shade who appears thinking someone is on my tail. When this is done I'll go back to being my old, rather unstable yet happily so self." Jessica stated with a confirming nod of her head "But I get it no killing innocent people, because that makes me a bad Jessica."

Taking the ticket she smirked a little bit and pointed down one of the alleyways, she was going to head down there, she didn't go that way last time so it would be safer for her she supposed. HRG had never been to the carnival in person before, although they had been to him, that fast freak with the knives.

"I'll go down this way, and look for Samuel, if I find him I'll talk to him, but I'll call you if things look like theyre going south." she stated with a small grin "But I think I'll just use my feminine wiles and everything will work out fine."

With a small sigh, she turned on her heel and walked slowly down the alleyway, checking each profile as she went, but there was no sign of Samuel or anyone she knew.
Back to top Go down
Noah Bennet

Noah Bennet

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Noah couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as she spoke, in a rather childish manner too if he wasn't mistaken. Chuckling a little bit, he shook his head. Honestly, that woman was one in a million and it might just be a safer world because of it. But still, she was his friend and his ally and he knew that she wasn't bad on the inside, she was a strong woman and a good woman and that was all that was all he needed to know about her,

"Yes after this you can go back to being yourself and not having to be quite so paranoid. Though paranoid would suggest that they're not out to get you... so I guess it would just be called being right in your case." he admitted with a wink before smirking a little bit, "Yes and you're not going to be a bad Jessica."

Noah was initially hesitant for them to be splitting up but in the end he decided that they needed to cover the ground to find Samuel quickly. Deciding that he could also use this time to hunt down Sylar and see what he remembered, he nodded to her,

"Be safe alright Jessica?" he smiled faintly, "I don't have many friends and I don't want to lose one. If you get in trouble try to signal me in some way alright?"

With that he went off in the opposite direction, very wary about speedsters with knives.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Jessica was not having any luck finding Samuel here, it was like the man had dropped off the face of the Earth. Maybe he was just in the bit that all the performers lived in? It seemed that might be the case but it wouldn't do her any harm to be thorough and so she was continuing to check every little booth that she came across for him.

Still there was no luck.

Almost giving up and asking the spirits where she would find him, Jessica had to stop, and scold herself, there was no point in doing that, no point at all. It would just get her into trouble and she had just promised Noah that there would be no bad Jessica today. Contacting dark spirits most definitely...made her bad.

Sighing softly she flopped down on a nearby bench and placed her head in her hands, looking around the masses of children and families enjoying themselves Jessica almost dropped into her thoughts about her own childhood. Until. Until she saw someone she did not expect herself to see. Sylar! Sylar was here, that had to be him!

Swiftly she stood and made her way over to him, a slight glare on her features, and Jessica shook her head in disbelief when she got a chance to look at him closer. It was definitely him.

"Sylar, is that you?" she asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Sylar, as he had come to think of himself, sighed a little bit as he wandered around the carnival, doing his best to offer help to whoever seemed to need it the most. It was an odd existence, especially seeing as he had figured out what his gift was. It was odd but he could swear that he had several gifts but the one he used the most was the ability to move things with his mind.

He was humming to himself when someone, a woman, asked if he was really Sylar. He nodded and as he was turning to her he spoke,

"Yes I'm Sylar." he greeted her happily as he drank in the very appealing sight of her dressed in her alternative clothes, "And who might you be miss?"

Even as he asked the question another shard of memory forced itself to the front of his mind and he almost fell over from the shock. All he could see was the woman in front of him. They had met before and they had... and they had had quite a lot of sex if the memories of her naked on top of him were any indication. He held the side of his head in pain and asked her quietly,

"Who were we to each other?" he asked her, almost begging her, "Who were we... please?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Jessica's mouth popped open when she heard that he really was Sylar, growling a little bit she raised her open palm and slapped him hard across the face. She was just so angry, why did he have to leave? He left without a word and came to this place? He didn't even call her to let her know what had gone on, where he was, that he was even alive and well?

"Who might I be?! So what you conveniently don't remember about all the things that we got up to? Who we were to each other?" she raged "I can't believe this you just take off and leave for weeks, have everyone thinking your dead and you can't pick up a goddamn phone?!"

As he clutched the side of his head in pain she couldn't help but wonder if he had been in some sort of accident, where he had lost some of his memories, maybe he had amnesia? If that was true though, Noah would have known and he would have told her that Sylar was still alive, wouldn't he? Frowning Jessica took a few steps back from 'Sylar'.

"Who were we?" she scoffed "Excellent to know that I don't mean jack sh*t to you at the end of the day. We were lovers 'Sylar'. Had been since I escaped from the Company and you tried to send me back there, you let me get captured by Building 26 and didn't come and help me once! Not once! So I'm guessing whatever we were is over."

Shaking her head a little, Jessica stuffed her hands back in her pockets and glared at the woman with the tattoos who had been listening a little too intently for her liking.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Sylar blinked a little bit when he realised that not only did she know him but she was also rather angry with him too. He didn't really understand why but he was sure that she was going to tell him soon. He blinked a few times when she continued to rail at him. Honestly, you'd have thought such a rant would trigger more memories but he honestly didn't feel any new memories bubbling to the surface,

"I'm sorry that I don't remember who we were to each other..." he told her, frowning as he tried to force more memories out, "I would have phoned - I'm sure - but I honestly don't remember anything. Samuel even had to tell me my name... I don't remember anything before coming to this carnival..."

The pain was worse with every memory that got pushed into his head. With each memory he did build up a picture of the two of them being lovers. But he was getting nothing about a Company or a building, let alone the 26th building. He blinked a little bit and reached out towards her,

"Please don't go... please don't go, you're a part of who I was aren't you? A big part?" he asked her quietly before something clicked in his mind, "Jessica... Jessica I'm sorry but something happened to force me to forget. The others... think it was a mind reader or something... I would never leave you intentionally..."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Jessica didn't know what to say, Sylar, if this was Sylar wasn't the man that she had fallen for, not at all. If he wasn't that man then to be honest she really was interested in him. He seemed to be far more whiney and pathetic than he was the last time that they had met each other, and it seemed highly likely that his memory had been tampered with but...she couldn't bring herself to do anything.

Although she was glad she knew what happened to him, now she found herself questioning if she really wanted anything to do with Sylar at all. Did she really still want what they had or did she want someone who could give her something more? Didn't she deserve something more?

As he reached out towards her Jessica stopped moving and fixed a steely expression on her features, she didn't want to have the man that she had feelings for look so upset but the truth was he was not the man she had feelings for! He was just inhabiting his body like some sort of cruel joke that someone was playing on her.

"I'm sorry Sylar but I...I just can't do this." she stated holding her hands up "I can't be around you after what you failed to do for me, I just...when you get your old self back, maybe then we can talk but right now, what I wouldn't give to give you another slap."

Jessica shook her head softly and tried to process how she could even attempt to have a conversation with this man, her heart was wrenching painfully in her chest even as she looked at him. To have Sylar look at her and just...not know what she was to him, made her upset beyond words!

"I guess it might be time for both of us to move on from each other." she smiled lightly "This must be a fresh start for you, you should enjoy it. I'd only ruin it for you I suppose." Jessica admitted before holding out her hand "Well I have stuff to do so, good luck, Gabriel. Maybe when you fix yourself I'll see you again."
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Sylar was able to tell, even though his memories of her were hazy, that he and her had been together in a way that had worked well for the both of them. But now he was different, forcibly changed and unsure of what he would turn back into if he pushed himself to regress. Would he be some kind of monster like some of his memories suggested? Or would he be able to remain with Jessica, something his memories showed that his old self had been unable to do?

For some reason his heart ached when she said that she couldn't do this, couldn't continue to talk to him now that he was some stranger inhabiting the body of the man she had loved. It... it was understandable. He could hardly blame her for feeling that way and yet... and yet why did he suddenly get the feeling like he was being betrayed somehow? No... wrong word. Why did he get the feeling that he was being destroyed inside? He swallowed thickly,

"I... I understand." he whispered quietly, trying not to let how much it hurt affect how he was speaking to her, "When I remember everything... I will find you. Even only remembering some things I know you meant the world to me. And I know I never said as much before but it's clear from the limited memories I have."

When she called him Gabriel he flinched in pain as several memories rushed through his mind and none of them were good. He groaned in pain and held his face,

"I... killed my own mother..." he whispered mostly to himself before pulling himself together, "You'll see me again then Jessica..."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Jessica smiled gently and reached out to give Sylar's hand a little squeeze, it was sad to see him like this but there was nothing that she could do to help him until he got his memory back. Maybe though she could give him a little hint to help him along his way? She did want to have a conversation with her old friend again, and she was unsure of when that might happen without her help, this guy didn't seem to have a clue.

"You'll want to find Matt Parkman." she stated with a small nod "He will help you to find yourself again, your full self not just memories. When you get yourself back, you'll know where to look me up." Jessica smiled softly, before removing her hand and turning on her heel to walk away.

Her heart was so beaten and torn from that little experience there wasn't anything she would rather do than just turn around and forget this whole carnival thing and go home. Jessica didn't want to live a life like this she just wanted to be normal, where the guy you cared for cared for you back and you could have a life together.

But no, Sylar just had to get his memory erased.

In fact, Jessica was so enveloped in her thoughts that she almost didn't notice she ran into someone. Shaking her head slightly she looked at the man and raised an eyebrow, well, she supposed that the old saying was right, a watched pot never boils. The second she stopped looking for Samuel it appeared that she found him.

Bending down she smirked a little bit; "I've been looking for you everywhere, not very polite to keep a girl waiting now is it?" she asked silkily before extending her hand to help the man up.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Samuel had been most annoyed with the brief conversation he'd had with Noah Bennet but there had been too many people around for him to go with his gut feeling and pull the man down into a sinkhole. Apparently that was the worst thing he could do, what with all the witnesses around. But Noah had told him that Jessica was back in the carnival, if only to try and figure out a way to stop him and his family from attacking her.

He had to admit that he had been considering ordering her death considering she knew what had happened with Joseph, what had really happened.

He sighed a little bit as he thought about it, not looking where he was going. When he was knocked backwards he cursed a little bit before he realised who had walked into him. Smiling a little bit, he took her hand and used it to help himself up,

"I realise that but it seems Noah Bennet took up some of my time." he admitted with a smirk, "He said you were looking for me... well I'm all yours. But first... cotton candy? My treat."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Jessica was a little surprised she had managed to find Samuel so early on in her search, however she was sure that she would be able to get the result that she wanted out of the conversation, that was if she didn't manage to blow it up like she had done last time. That really wouldn't have been the best thing to do, considering this was already her second chance.

"Is he alright?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, wanting to know if he really was okay if not, she would more than happily make this guy wait while she went to fix him up "But yes I am looking for you, and your all mine? Well thank you very much for this generous gift slave." Jessica joked with a cheeky wink.

At the suggestion that the two of them go and get cotton candy, Jessica smiled gently, Charlie had always loved cotton candy and that was one of the main reasons why she still indulged in it every now and again, it made him wiggle happily inside of her.

"I suppose I can allow myself a certain sugary treat, running into an ex can give you that ability you know." she stated with a small sigh as she wandered side by side with Samuel to the cotton candy stand, although the question at the forefront of her mind couldn't wait until they had gotten their treat to ask.

"Noah said that you had the ability to do something about my knowing about Joseph, but you haven't yet, why is that?" she asked, as she took the bag of cotton candy from the vendor, handing over her dollar.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Samuel chuckled a little bit when she asked if he was alright. Oh there had been a very real chance that Noah would be dead but no, the man yet lived and was even now snooping around Samuel's beloved carnival. He raised an eyebrow but couldn't help chuckling a little bit more at her witty word play. Of course it wasn't that witty but it was amusing none the less,

"He's fine, said he was going to try and find Sylar." he told her honestly before smirking a little bit, "Don't try and take on a slave you can't control there Jessica, it might just turn into a slave's revolt!"

He led her over to the cotton candy stand and bought her a cone of the stuff as well as buying himself an apple. Parents seemed to appreciate there being healthy options and Samuel had long ago developed a taste for apples,

"Yes I imagine it must have been hard for you, meeting up with Sylar again..." he sighed a little bit, "We tried to help him remember who he was but mostly he just talks in his sleep I'm afraid. He mentioned you an awful lot."

When she cut straight to the point he took a bite out of his apple and chewed it thoughtfully before replying,

"Call it... curiosity. I wanted to see what you would do now that you had the ability to destroy this little haven with one word." he told her before smirking happily, "And you didn't disappoint. You're a lot better than what some people say about you Jessica, a lot better."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Jessica tried to ignore the mention of Sylar, she didn't want to talk about him for fear of what she would say, what she would do and she bit her lip softly. It was hard not to use the spirits to tell her the answers to all of her questions but she was getting there slowly, very slowly indeed. The joke they had going made her smile softly to herself, bringing her out of her thoughts;

"Oh, and what makes you think I can't control you?" she asked with a wink "After all, power isn't the only means of control there are...other factors."

Shaking her head Jessica snapped her mouth tight shut when he talked about Sylar mentioning her in his sleep, she didn't care much about that, her heart was still so full of hatred and hurt from being locked up in Building 26 and not having Gabriel come and help her. She didn't even know what he had been doing all that time.

"Yeah you know what, this isn't really conducive to the whole 'moving on' deal." she stated with a grin "Could we stop talking about Sylar because I'm really trying not to be interested." Jessica admitted, holding her hands up in the air as she realised it was a little bit of a silly thing to admit.

The reason why he didn't have her killed made sense to her so she accepted it, shrugging her shoulders she took another nibble off the cotton candy;

"Some monsters have a good side you know. Besides, I didn't think anyone around here was up to speed with the world outside this carnival, what exactly have people been saying about me?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Samuel chuckled a little bit. Her teasing was fun but even if it had been genuine he would have turned her down. He was still holding out for his one true love, Vanessa, back from when he was younger. He chuckled a little bit and shook his head,

"No it's not but something tells me you wouldn't use the others." he teased her back with a smirk before winking at her, "But nice try though, you're getting rather good at all this teasing I must say."

Seeing her shut down from the conversation about Sylar, he agreed that continuing to mention the man was unlikely to help her with the moving on phase. Not that he really believed she was ready to move on from Sylar. But she was ready to stop being so in love with someone who was clearly not going to be able to be the man she wanted since he had forgotten who he was,

"Agreed, dropping the subject." he agreed with a little smile before raising an eyebrow at her admitting that. He smirked faintly, "I'll keep that in mind."

He nodded in agreement. He might well be one of those monsters after all. When she asked what people around the carnival had been saying he raised an eyebrow before taking a folder out of his jacket. It was her Company folder,

"We say nothing but nice things, we only know you are a nice but slightly troubled young lady." he raised the folder slightly, "They, on the other hand... have some rather venomous things to say about you. Despite it being all their fault!"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Jessica shrugged her shoulders a little bit and smiled, it was amusing the way that this man thought that he knew her when he really had no clue about what kind of a person she was inside. He could read files until he was blue in the goddamn face but they didn't tell you her side of the story, just the side that they wanted you to see.

"How would you know what I would and would not do?" she asked simply, looking around the carnival she clicked her fingers softly "Hey do you know where Edgar is, is he single? Because as flattering as it is to be turned down by yourself, I was actually being quite serious." Jessica smirked "He's next on my list."

When he took a company file out of his jacket, Jessica was torn in reactions, from being completely disappointed in him, to wanting to rip up the file and Samuel while she was at it, to just generally throwing a hissy fit and doing something stupid. Luckily for herself she managed to take the high road and go with the first option.

"You don't know anything about me, Samuel." she stated with a small smile "I hate it when people snoop on me, you're like way way down on my list now." Jessica hummed, miming knocking him down a few places in the air before taking another bite of candy floss "Does, Noah know you have his files? I think he'll want them back."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Samuel could tell that she didn't like the fact that he had read her file but to be honest he had been reading everyone's files but he had gone for hers first because... well because she fascinated him. But obviously this had been the wrong way to go about it. Considering she had been afraid he'd kill her for knowing about Joseph, he thought it might have been his only option for finding out more about her. Of course that was no longer the case as she actually seemed to want to talk to him now,

"Just taking a guess based on what people have said about my own physically attractiveness." he told her with a little smile before raising an eyebrow, "Edgar is currently... pining, after a certain member of our family. I... you were serious?"

It... confused him. Samuel had never been someone who got a lot of dates or any particular female interest after all. To learn that she might have been seriously flirting with him was something of a large surprise to him.

He put the folder in the nearest bin, dropping a lit lighter in there afterwards and watching it burn up properly before turning back to her. He didn't want to continue with that mistake hanging over him after all,

"No... but I would like to." he admitted with a small smile in return before flinching slightly, "That was not my intention I assure you... but Mr Bennet is unaware of the files being here. He is more than welcome to them once I find the one piece of information I am currently looking for, you have my word."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Jessica couldn't help but smirk softly, his reaction was sweet, it was like he really didn't expect anyone to flirt with him, although that might be a sign that he actually did have someone that he was currently pining after if he wasn't paying attention to when other women were flirting with him. Seriously what was it with the people in this carnival?

"Oh goddamn it." she sighed, placing her head in her hand "It's like I repel men for God's sake. When they're dead they have no problem with hanging around but I am not into that." Jessica scoffed as she pouted softly at the situation that she had found herself in, it seemed like Nathan Petrelli was becoming more and more of an option "Of course I was serious I don't make jokes about things like that, well, not normally anyway."

Although burning the folder was very sweet of him, the damage was done he had already read it and there was nothing else that could change that. Jessica wanted to open up to somebody, to tell them everything from scratch, but how could she do that if they all just read it before she got to tell them anyway?

"Oh I bet you would, you'd like me to stay here wouldn't you?" she asked with a wicked smirk and a shake of her head "Why should I even bother? He's going to find them anyway while he's snooping around so I suppose your 'secret' is safe with me along with god knows how many others."

Finishing her cotton candy she threw the bag in the nearest trash can and turned to look at Samuel; "Anything else you want to say? I'm going to go, soon, if there isn't."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Samuel had to be honest that the reason why so few women tried to flirt with him was simply because he wasn't that attractive. Oh people could try and flatter him and say otherwise but it was true. People tended to just think of him as either their leader or someone who was a little bit creepy and a little bit aloof. Perhaps even a little bit obsessed with bringing new people into the family, that was the kind of thing they thought about him,

"I don't think you repel men; you're not repelling me. Honestly, I thought I was repelling you. Apparently I do that often enough." he told her, a little bit sheepishly before smirking a little bit, "So teasing for you isn't just teasing but actually flirting? I'll have to keep that in mind..."

He knew that the damage was already done but he hoped that he could still get to know her better. The file had only really been about her powers, nothing else really. He paused for a moment before chuckling a little bit and holding a hand up as if to admit to being guilty,

"Guilty as charged. I would love for you to stay here with me... us... if only for a little while. Just to see if it could be something that you like." he told her with a smile before chuckling a little bit and bowing to her gratefully, "Why thank you my dear."

Before she went away he wanted to ask her something,

"Tell me Jessica... do you like Japanese or Italian better?" he asked her suddenly, smiling a little bit nervously, "I guess I'm... asking you out to dinner. If you'd like to go out with me for dinner that is..."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 am

Jessica smirked a little bit as the man in front of her floundered getting his head around the fact that she could actually have found him attractive. It was rather odd for her to have someone who wasn't willing to be with her straight away, it was rather infuriating but also it was rather challenging, she found that she would enjoy getting him to change his mind.

"I have to say your mannerisms have something to be desired, but then again so do mine." she stated with a small shrug "Of course, you should keep that in mind should I have the occasion to flirt with you again, I wouldn't hold your breath though." Jessica stated with a wry smile.

The idea of staying somewhere like this appealed to Charlie so much that he almost won her over with that charming little smile but, living in a place like this? This was not a life that Jessica was excited about, she wanted to be able to live in comfort in her apartment in New York, have commodities around her, have stability.

"Sorry but I don't think that a life here is what I really want." she smiled gently "I've been moved around so much I just, want somewhere I can stay for a while, moving around with a Carnival doesn't really fit that bill."

Raising her eyebrow when Samuel asked her out for dinner, Jessica turned back around and took a few seconds to look over his expression. Was he trying to ask her out romantically because of what had happened before? Didn't he listen when she told him that he was way down on her list right now? Seemed it didn't matter even if he did.

"Japanese." she stated "In what manner are you asking me out for dinner? Romantically, or as a further chance to get me to move here, because the latter isn't going to happen no matter how many dinners you take me on. I guess if its the other one I could go out with you for dinner, if you're paying." she smirked wickedly.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 am

Samuel wasn't very good at selling himself. He was a showman but that just meant that he was very good at selling the carnival and the people in it. He didn't ever have to try and sell himself and that was good because he honestly had some rather crippling self esteem problems, mainly when it came to his appearance. He chuckled a little bit,

"Indeed your mannerisms do have something to be desired." he agreed with a little smirk before smiling back in the same manner as she smile at him, "Of course, I'll try not to get my hopes up... but it might happen in my dreams."

He could tell that she was tempted by his offer and he was beginning to get a little bit hopeful that she would stay with him here at the carnival. But in the end she shot down the beginnings of his hope and he deflated a little bit,

"Of course, I understand... it's not for everyone." he admitted with a small smile before nodding slightly, "Yes the nature of our business would make that hard... I'm sorry we can't offer you a homelife you would enjoy."

He blushed a little bit when she asked if he was asking her out in a romantic way. The truth was that yes he was asking her out romantically. He swallowed a little bit thickly and decided that it was now or never in terms of asking her,

"A romantic Japanese dinner then perhaps?" he asked her, his cheeks light red as he asked her and answered her question, "This Saturday at six alright? I'll pay for it of course... I'll meet you at the restaurant if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 am

Jessica couldn't help but giggle softly when she heard that he might get his hopes up in his dreams, that she would flirt with him, it was rather sweet she had to say. He didn't seem like he would be a sweetly romantic man she had to admit, rather more of a...well she couldn't put her finger on it, that was why she had been so intrigued about what he would be like, romantically.

"Oh, you wound me with your cruel words." she gasped, placing her hand on her heart "At least there are a few people in the world who don't mind women who are as mad as hatters, but I'm working on that." Jessica grinned cheekily.

To be honest she hadn't expected for it to be such a big deal for Samuel that she would want to stay at the carnival, surely he knew that it was not a great lifestyle. Not one that suited her at all. All of those tempting strangers that she could kill and make puppets, no no, she needed stability for her treatment first.

"Don't worry about it. Doesn't mean I can't visit on occasion right?" Jessica asked, in what she hoped was a reassuring manner "Might be nice to take a holiday here, it's a place my brother would have really loved."

Noting the blush, Jessica didn't want to make fun of it because that might upset him, but it was so sweet. Perhaps it was time for her to stop aiming for the Sylars of the world and go for someone a little more long term. Someone sweet and gentle like Samuel seemed to be. There was no harm in going on one date right?

"Sounds good to me." she smiled, flipping a card out from her wrist "Here my number is on the back, give me a phone about which restaurant we're going to, I'll meet you there."

Unable to stop a little grin appearing on her lips she pecked Samuel's cheek with a wink before waving; "I guess I'll see you then, ta ta for now, Samuel." Jessica smirked as she wandered back down the alleyway to meet Noah at the front of the carnival like they had discussed.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:58 am

He had to admit that she was a lot more fun than anyone else he had spoken to in the last... well it was a lot of years, even if he wasn't sure about the exact number of years it had been. He chuckled a little bit when she pretended that she was wounded about it all. Hopefully he would be able to show her how good he could be for her and how good he felt that she was for him. They kind of balanced each other rather well he thought,

"Well a lot of people, you included my dear, are a bit mad..." he told her, paraphrasing a line from alice in Wonderland with a smirk, "But I'll tell you this... all the best people are!"

Samuel had known that she wouldn't want to stay with the carnival so it hurt less than it would have done otherwise but still hurt a heck of a lot. He sighed a little bit before putting a smile on his little pity party to end it quickly,

"Indeed, you can visit as often as you like and enjoy the pleasures of the fair for free!" he assured her with a showman-like bow, "Then your brother had good taste my dear, very good taste indeed! It's the cotton candy right? Kids love the cotton candy!"

He was thankful that she hadn't commented on the blush that was probably very very visible on his usually pale cheeks. Then again if it was a positive comment then maybe he did want her to comment... who knew? He chuckled a little bit as he accepted her card with a wink, making it disappear from between his finger, straight to his inside pocket,

"I'll give you a phonecall as soon as I've checked some out and narrowed it down." he assured her with a grin, "I'll make sure I find the best one!"

When she pecked him on the cheek he blushed again but had the presence of mind to wave a little as she walked away,

"O-okay! Speak to you later Jessica!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)   The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Freak Show (Invite)
Page 1 of 1