The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Empty
PostSubject: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 am

Sharpe had managed to get himself and Veronique an invitation to the dinner being thrown by the new MP in the area. Apparently he was from wealthy stock but his family was heavily in the military. And he had recognised Sharpe's name and immediately made room on the guest list for him and his date.

He really hoped that it wasn't going to be as bad as the last time someone invited him based on his military accomplishments. Even now he remembered the delusional noble trying to recount Talavera as if he had been by Richard's side when he grabbed the French Eagle.

Sighing a little bit, Sharpe tried to adjust the collar and tie that he was wearing as part of his non-military formal wear. A suit and tie they called it. A torture device he called it.

Never had he imagined something less comfortable than an army uniform and yet here it was.

Knocking on Veronique's door, he hoped that his surprise date to a dinner would be acceptable. He was trying to treat her in the manner to which someone of her station was accustomed to after all,

"Veronique..." he called out to her through the inn room door, "Come on out my little rabbit, I've got a little surprise for you."

He awkward repositioned his ceremonial sword and tried not to look too uncomfortable,

"You might also see the funniest thing you've seen in months too..."
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:08 am

Veronique had been wondering where Richard had gotten to, to be honest she had thought that he might have run into some trouble with Sebastian at the Yeomanry but she had seen her brother not an hour ago and he had told her that all was well. It was nice to see that he was beginning to get over his shame by throwing himself into this new task whole heartedly.

She loved her brother so very dearly after all, she didn't want him to be burdened by not having served while she, a woman, had done so and survived in his stead.

Flicking through one of the new books that had been released Veronique had received an invitation to a dinner that was being held tonight and was unsure of whether she had wanted to go or not, but in the extra time that Richard had been away she had decided that she might as well dress herself ready, in case he wished to go with her.

For she would not go if he did not.

Hearing him knock on the door, she blushed at his use of her nickname and hurried to open the door to her room. When she did so, she couldn't help but blush a little bit more at the sight of Richard in...in a suit and tie, but she quirked an eyebrow.

"Richard...what on earth are you wearing?" she asked with a light smile "Have you been summoned to one of that Mill Owner's dreadful parties again? Do you wish for me to come with you this time, my company should make it less arduous I think."

Unable to stop herself smiling wider she commented; "But the outfit makes you look very handsome Richard, very handsome indeed."
Back to top Go down
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 am

The first thing out of her mouth and already he wanted to either die in a hole from his shame or tear the damned suit and tie from him.

But she didn't mean it in a bad way though, she was just surprised that he was wearing it and that might have saved him from the embarrassment of tearing off his clothes just to be told it later. He coughed a little bit and tried to hide the fact that her comment had brought a light flush to his cheeks without his consent. Try and he might, all Sharpe could do was keep it under control enough that he wasn't bright red all over,

"Actually there is a much higher and more civilized party that someone invited me too. By mistake I'm half certain but I was wondering..." he smiled when he once again looked her up and down to show he had noticed that she was dressed to go, "If you would like to join me at said party. I won't be going if you're not with me after all."

Taking her hand in his own, he kissed her knuckles lightly before chuckling a little bit as he let her hand go slowly,

"Why thank you Veronique... You look incredible it has to be said." he told her honestly before smiling a little wider, "There is a carriage waiting for us downstairs if you would join me at the party my little rabbit."

He paused and tilted his head to the side ever so slightly in mild confusion,

"Or should that be 'my little lady' now?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

Veronique couldn't help but smile softly when she saw Sharpe's blush, it was something that she thought was sweet but she would never draw attention to it because he would surely either leave her to go and calm himself down, or it would upset him so. There was no point in ruining a mood like this so she thought that she might as well just revel in the fact that he was trying so hard to do what he thought she might like.

How could she say no when he was willing to go through such a hellish evening just so she might be able to have some fun with him? Maybe she could even make it a little fun for him in return.

"I would love to go to the party with you Richard!" she exclaimed with a bright smile "I really would, as you can see I am already dressed and ready to go, we received an invitation to another function through the door today but, this one sounds like it could be a whole lot more entertaining for us. And, well, you picked it out specially."

It was now her turn to blush and Veronique did so, the touch of his lips to her skin made her shiver all over and it reminded her of that night in the inn, the one time they had been together in...well in a heated manner. His compliment made her beam happily and she wanted to embrace Richard tightly if she wasn't so sure it would further strangle him more than his tie.

"No, no." she gasped softly, linking her arm through his as they walked downstairs to where the carriage was waiting for them "It should always be little rabbit, I do love it so." Veronique admitted with a graceful blush "You wouldn't mind if I came up with a nickname for you, one that isn't Dick?" she teased softly, even as the carriage pulled away and started them on their journey to the party.
Back to top Go down
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 am

Sharpe was eternally thankful for the fact that she chose not to draw attention to his blush. Knowing how well she knew him, it was probably because she knew exactly how much worse pointing it out would make it. She knew he so well and that made his heart beat faster in his chest for some reason. Why hadn't he waited, he asked himself. Why hadn't he waited longer and realised that Veronique was the one he wanted sooner? That way she would be his wife and they'd be so happy together.

Swallowing his nervousness a little bit, he grinned when she said that she would love to go to the party with him,

"I hope that the evening that I'm presenting you with will be a nice one." he told her with a little grin, "I've not been to many dinners this formal and I just hope that I don't embarrass you or anything like that."

When she blushed her smiled widely and stroked her reddened cheeks with a thumb as softly as he could. Helping her into the carriage was easy enough and rather gentlemanly as he understood it. He grinned a little bit when she said that she loved her nickname and that he would need a better one than Dick,

"Well I'm glad you'll always be my little rabbit." he told her honestly as he climbed into the carriage to sit beside her, "I hope that you do manage to come up with something better than simply calling me Dick."

As the carriage neared their destination, Sharpe got a little bit restless and a whole lot nervous. Spotting the mansion getting closer, Richard swallowed a little bit thickly. Seeing that now they were arriving, he jumped out first to open her door and bow to her with a smirk,

"Madam Rabbit." he teased her with a wink before holding out an arm for her to take, "Shall we go inside? We're just in time for the beginning I think."
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 am

Veronique was unhappy that she was the cause of Richard being so uncomfortable, as soon as they had gotten into the carriage she could feel that the air was becoming thick with his unease. She didn't blame him, herself after being in the field for so long was a little bit rusty in the art of all things conversation and manners but...she was just going to have to suck that up. Not like she would be seeing any of these people again.

"Oh, don't you worry, I will come up with something much more romantic and kindly than simply calling you something so crude." she stated with a little cheeky wink, of course they both knew to what she was alluding to "Give me to the end of tonight, then I should have it for you."

Gently she reached out across the carriage and took Richard's hand in her own, Veronique squeezed it softly and ran her thumb across his rough skin; "Don't worry Richard, if we impress we impress together, and if we embarrass...well we embarrass together." she reassured with a bright smile "But I have every feeling we will enjoy ourselves tonight."

When he opened the door for her to get out of the carriage, Veronique hopped out and enjoyed the view of the opulent manor for a few moments, before allowing herself to be led up the large stone steps to the large entrance hall.

"Well we had better hope we are in time, otherwise everyone shall stare." she laughed softly, linking her arm with Richard's although this time a little more stiffly as their attendance was announced to the room by one of the footmen at the entrance to the rather grand entertaining area that the host of the party was using.
Back to top Go down
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:07 am

Sharpe chuckled a little bit when she told him not to worry. And here he thought he had been doing an acceptable job of keeping his discomfort private. But, of course, she knew about it because she knew him better than he knew himself, he was sure. He smirked a little bit when she told him she'd find him a nickname that wasn't crude by the end of the night,

"I didn't know that I was showing how nervous I am." he told her with a nervous little chuckle before smirking wider, "Well just so long as it's something that rolls off your tongue easily then it can be whatever you want it to be Veronique."

The carriage pulled up just as he was trying to thank her for her encouraging words about being together in everything here. In impressing people and embarrassing themselves. They would be together. A unit. A company.

And just like that Richard knew how to deal with their strange, alien, environment. He just had to see the whole thing like it was some kind of battle. And to him it was going to be a constant battle to try and act the part as it were. Disembarking from the carriage, he helped her out of the carriage,

"We are linked together." he told her with a bright smile, "And I'm sure we'll be able to laugh about it later if nothing else."

They were ushered into the great hall before Richard could respond and he instantly noticed that everyone was dressed in similar clothes his and Veronique's. His collar even seemed to be looser than some others, so it could have been worse. It was as they were being led down to take a seat that he noticed her.

Jane Sharpe.

His estranged wife.

As he and Veronique were seated, he turned to her with a formed casual smile,

"So yeah... Jane's here." he told her before smirking wickedly, "No maiming and I'll stick to the same rule yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:15 am

Veronique was glad that she was able to give some comfort to Richard, she really did want to be able to make him relaxed in her company, and know that when she was here that she would do her best to make sure that he was not going to embarrass himself, and, if he did, then she would be right there alongside him, embarrassing herself as well.

The idea of them linked as a unit made her heart flutter a little bit, but thought about it not long, in case her thoughts turned to something that she was aware she would never be likely able to have with Richard.

"Oh yes, I think we will have a few stories to tell by the end of the night, some even to rival the ones that we created in battle, this is huge compared to Talevera I am sure." she teased good naturedly as they were shown to their seats, her voice was low so that nobody would be able to overhear them as they passed.

Now sitting down at their seats, and smiling politely at the others that they were sat with, Veronique couldn't help but feel her cheeks flush in embarrassment when they started to speak about them behind their fans. It was made even worse when she heard that Jane was here, oh god she wanted to sink into the floor.

She had the one thing that Veronique wanted, and wouldn't be able to obtain.

"Alright, I think I might be able to agree to that statement." she smiled softly, squeezing Richard's hand under the table "But we shall see if you are able to stick to it by the end of the night, it looks like she has spotted you too."

One by one they introduced themselves around the table, making sure to remember the names to the faces of everyone they would be sitting with this evening.
Back to top Go down
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 am

Although he could tell that she was joking about this people worse than Talavera, he had to say that it was only by a little margin. Honestly, he was more afraid of all of these nobles with their fans-covered faces and whispered words than he was of the charging Frenchmen with their musket balls flying and their bayonets shining in the sunlight.

At least with the French it was clear that they wanted you dead; no hidden meanings or other thoughts. That's all they wanted and all he had to do to deny them this was to survive everything that they threw at him,

"At least at Talevera they just wanted to kill me instead of dragging my name through the mud with well thought out barbs and quips." he whispered back to her with a wink, "But together we shall hold the line."

Remembering names was something that Sharpe had no problems with, having made a point to know every man under his command by name a long time ago. It had helped tremendously he thought to himself. It was useful here too, showing that war-time skills were going to be useful to him. He sighed a little bit as he spotted Jane making a bee-line for them,

"Yes well looks like it's about to be tested..."

Jane stopped in front of both Sharpe and Veronique and plastered on a fake smile as she turned to Veronique,

"Why hello there!" she simpered, making Sharpe shiver in disgust, "I don't believe we've ever met... I am Lady Jane Sharpe. And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 am

Veronique was happily chatting with some of the women on the table, about her brothers exploits in the wars of late, and she was enjoying doing so. It was like she was able to just relax and be herself again after such a long time. Although she had learnt from her brother that she had 'single handed' been running their family businesses since her brother had been away at war. Which was fine by her it meant she had been making some waves of her own.

Although when she heard Richard pipe up that his wife was on her way over to talk to them, she rather wanted to turn around and leave the party right now. It wasn't wise for her to get into a slagging match in front of all of these people but she wasn't above doing it if the occasion called for it.

Looking at the rather smug expression on her face when she approached, it seemed like she was going to have to bite her tongue pretty hard.

"Hello my Lady." she stated with an equally false smile "I am Veronique Hollbury, second primary shareholder in Sherrington Steel company, how do you do?"

"Surely...not the Veronique Hollbury that has been in all of the business sections of the papers, you took over your brothers company while he was at war with Richard, did you not?" Jane asked with almost palpable excitement although Veronique was not really sure why "You are quite the revolutionary aren't you? How presumptuous to think that a woman can run such a business."

There were snickers all around her now and Veronique couldn't help but chuckle wickedly, a smirk on her lips as she targeted 'Lady Sharpe';

"OH well if that is the case I must inform my bank account that it's current balance is an odd £100,000 out of line." she smirked "I suppose that women who have the mind, can do what they wish to, and women who don't, well, end up stealing money and spending it all recklessly within a month. Which woman are you, Lady Sharpe?" she asked mockingly "If you will excuse me."
Back to top Go down
Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am

Sharpe had been getting by alright actually. With Veronique in her own conversations and not watching his every move like a hawk (as Jane used to do) he was able to actually have an intelligent conversation with several wealthy business owners. And by the sounds of it he had gotten the British Army another supplier of cotton by getting this one business owner to like him.

But all good things must come to an end and the end of this one was none other than his estranged wife, Jane.

It appalled him to have ever married such a cruel and petty little woman but as soon as she was hurling insults, she was being hit back with many more from Veronique. And unlike Jane, Veronique had facts to back up her insults and defences which made them infinitely better than Jane's, even if the woman was able to worm her way into people's lives without them realising until he was far, far, too late.

Watching the exchange, he couldn't help but snigger as Jane did an impression of a landed fish when Veronique told her about the profits. Of course Sharpe hadn't had a clue that his lover was from such a massive family but it made a lot more sense now. Jane huffed a little bit and turned back to Sharpe and hissed, almost so no one could hear,

"You should keep your..." she scowled in an ugly way, "Bitch, under control!"

Sharpe raised an eyebrow,

"I would do..." he began before smirking, "But I lost your leash a long time ago Jane."

Verbally beaten by both Sharpe and Veronique, Jane huffed again before moving to her seat as they food began to arrive. He turned to Veronique with a grin,

"Well... that wasn't so hard now was it?" he joked, "She'll be back but we've got some time to prepare how to bring her down."
Back to top Go down
Veronique Holloway

Veronique Holloway

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 am

Veronique was more than a little bit aggravated by the womans presence at the ball, why on earth would you have someone as amazing as Richard and then just...throw it all away? Not only that but she had stolen all of his money, and gone off with one of his old friends -or someone he had once trusted in the past that is. For Richard those people were precious few, only people he had fought beside him held that honour.

When she insulted her Veronique was about to whip around and clock Jane one across the face but she thought better of it, she would be the person who held the upper hand here. She would hold her composure and not resort to fisticuffs, even though she had already envisioned killing the woman about five times already in her head.

Seeing that she was wisely retreating away back to her table, Veronique couldn't help but smirk softly, biting her lip to hold back a fit of giggles at what Sharpe had said in return to Jane, it made her feel good that he had defended her.

"Well, no." she stated with a small sigh, everyone at their table seemed to be on their side, Jane Sharpe wasn't very well liked in society it would appear "But it was sort of enjoyable, I am looking forwards to her returning, if she dares, perhaps she will engage us in another war of words."

The food looked delicious and she sighed softly; "Wow everything looks so lovely, I have not had food like this in a very long time, our cook prepares simple meals, and that is for the most part how I like it. It makes these special meals all the more special don't you agree?" Veronique asked the table and they all laughed good naturedly.

Turning to Richard she smiled happily and took a sip of the wine they had been poured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)   What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you've been missing (Sharpe and Veronique)
Page 1 of 1