The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Empty
PostSubject: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 am

Vixen had been on the run for a good month now.

Her parents had given her one of the family horses and told her to flee from Skyrim, to avoid being swept up into the confines of war that she would surely be involved in because of her gift. The gift that had happened upon her without any warning only a short few weeks ago.

What gift could possibly be so life changing? So severe? It was something that had lain dormant within the land of Skyrim for hundreds of years and now there were two of them running around, her and another Dragonborn. Yes, Vixen was a Dragonborn, that was what her brother had told her - right before he had spirited her away on the horse with nothing but a purse full of gold, a sword, a dagger and enough food to last her a week or so.

Now she was in the town of Winterhold, she was beginning to study at the College, although it was an initial investment of 30 gold she was happy to pay because it gave her food, a place to sleep and she could train to give herself some form of skills.

Life on the road had showed her she needed some skills, Vixen had never held a sword in her life and especially had never ever considered magic being from a proud Nord family but - she oddly enjoyed it.

So she sat pairing ingredients for alchemy potions in her private room in the college, listening to the sound of her fellow students duelling outside.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 am

Cobalt Smiteguard was someone who had apparently been touched by destiny.

He didn't WANT to be touched by destiny.

He wanted destiny to keep it's grubby little hands to itself because he was perfectly happy doing some assassin work for the Dark Brotherhood and some Thief work for the Thieves Guild. Not only was he happy with doing this but he was damned good at both lines of work too. That wasn't to say that he hadn't killed a few dragons along the way too. Some of them had been right between him and his mark so he had valiantly charged into battle...

And absorbed their freaking SOULS.

But he was better at it now and was coming to grips with it. But the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild had heard about someone using The Voice in Whiterun... when he had been all the way in Solitude killing the Emperor's cousin at her wedding. So there was another dragonborn. The Dark Brotherhood wanted him to kill 'her' but he had decided he'd much rather go with the mission from the Thieves Guild... introduce himself to her and see if she would be 'willing' to help them in their endeavours.

Sneaking into the collage was easy and sneaking into her room was even easier. Dressed in the tight leathers of the Dark Brotherhood, dyed fully black now, he locked the door behind him silently before coughing a little bit,

"I believe that reaction is explosive..." He smirked slightly, "Dovahkin...."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 am

Vixen squeaked loudly when she heard someone speaking behind her, she was so sure that she had shut the door behind her but that mustn't be the case if someone could have come into the room to speak to her. Of course, she admitted, wanting to smack herself about the face, that it would have been just as easy to open the door to see if she was present.

It wasn't like she had locked it or anything she wasn't doing any private research she was just dabbling with some potion ingredients.

Of course when he said her power, that she was dragonborn in the language of the dragon, Vixen jumped up from her seat and withdrew her poisoned dagger, her hand lighting in the firebolt spell ready to attack the man should she need to. She was probably going to need to if she was honest with herself, she didn't want to be drawn into any wars, any conflicts.

She knew she should have just left Skyrim it would have been so much easier!

"What do you want?" she implored, her voice a mere whisper as she kept her eyes trained on the man who had snuck up behind her "I suggest if you're looking for someone like that you should train your efforts elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 am

Cobalt smirked a little bit when she squeaked at his entrance into her room. He was known to cause women to squeak like that when announcing himself but most of the time said women happened to be doing something that required a muffle charm on the door to keep anyone from hearing what was going on inside.

Licking his lips a little bit, he glanced around her little mage's room quickly to get an accurate assessment of his mark.

She seemed to favour magic if the spell books were any indication. Not only that but she had a sword but the sword was up on a shelf above her bed. Her dagger though, was quite clearly held in her hand. Considering she was obviously an alchemist he laid good money on the thing being poisoned as well.

Shaking his head a little bit, he took a deep breath and called on the power of the Voice, whispering out a 'shout' that was clearly part of the dragon language... and made him become ghostlike,

"I have been looking for you Dovahkin. I too am Dragonborn and I thought it high team that we meet..." He told her before smirking at his ghostly self, "This is just a precaution in case you don't take my words at face value..."

He paused before adding,

"You have a lot of enemies and a lot of people after you young Battle-Born. The Grey-Manes have put a price on your head of fifteen thousand septims... but thankfully for you, my guild would much rather protect and nurture your growth than see it ended." He grinned, "I represent the Thieves Guild."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:50 am

Vixen tilted her head when she heard that this man was also a Dragonborn, the only other Dragonborn had found her? She didn't know how to feel about that, she didn't know if she should be happy that she had someone who was in the same plight as she was that might be able to help her with any potential burdens that were going to come her way. On the other hand, he might not want another Dragonborn around...he could be here to get her out of the way.

So Vixen did not lower her guard yet at all, she merely stared at the man, her dagger lowering very slightly when he demonstrated a shout that made him ghostly, however she didn't know this shout yet. It seemed that she had a lot left to learn.

It wasn't hard seeing as she had ignored the summoning of the Greybeards when they had called for her, perhaps she should actually go and get some training? No, she couldn't do that because then they would expect something of her, something that she wouldn't be able to do and might even get her killed!

"I have a bounty?" she asked incredulously "But I haven't done anything!" she protested folding her arms around her chest in a little huff - the danger seemed to be unavoidable here, no matter what she did people were after her "Just like those Grey Manes to decide to come after me just because I bare the name Battle Born."

Frowning in soft confusion, Vixen placed her dagger away as a sign of trust;

"The Thieves Guild?" Vixen asked "What is the Thieves Guild?"
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:02 am

Cobalt hummed a little bit as he waited for her to decide whether or not she was going to put her dagger away. Because if it wasn't away by the time this shout ran out then he was going to have to do something to neutralise it because he was not about to stand around and get stabbed. Smirking a little bit, he shook his head when she questioned the fact that she had a bounty,

"Is it really that much of a surprise?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow, "Your accidental Shout was in a populated town, the Greybeards shouted down for the second time in over a hundred years and you left the same day... people talk."

He nodded his head though as his shout ran out and he became solid again,

"Guessed it in a one. Turns out the Grey-Mane's matron has had her son imprisoned by the Thalmor for being stupidly vocal about worshipping Talos." he told her with a small frown, "She blames the Imperials... she blames your family. So she wants you gone."

He grinned a little bit,

"Ah well we're a delightful bunch of rogues I can tell you that for nothing!" He told her with a wink, "We are the ones you call if you want a priceless artefact and don't want to pay massive prices for it... just large prices. We are also the most well-hidden guild in all of Skyrim. If the mages could not hide you, the Thieves Guild can little Vixen. All you'd have to say... is that Cobalt sent you."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:14 am

Vixen pouted a little bit, to be honest it did sound obvious when he put it like that however she didn't have much of a choice she had been made to leave that very day by her family before the Jarl could get his hands on her and make her go up to the Greybeards, if he could actually do that of course she did doubt that now.

"Well...I guess." she stated a little defeated "I guess that makes sense it still isn't nice to have people hunting after you though. I should have just left Skyrim like my family wanted me to, now I guess I'm caught up in things I never wanted to be caught up in."

Opening her mouth in shock when she heard that the old lady Grey Mane had taken out a contract on her, Vixen couldn't quite believe it. She knew that there was a feud between the Grey Mane, and the Battle Borns however she didn't think that it would spread to innocent parties - such as her. The world was a much harder place than she first imagined it to be.

"That's just idiotic." she sighed "It's his own fault for being so vocal about his worshipping, nothing to do with my family at all! Let alone me!"

The Thieves Guild sounded like a lovely place actually, she really did want to go and see what it was about. Perhaps the only snag in this was that she had never stolen anything in her lifetime, and although she wasn't clumsy she wasn't the most graceful of movers.

"It sounds...really good actually but I think you have the wrong girl here...I've never stolen anything in my whole life, like, ever. If I did go, I'd need training and I don't think I have enough coin to pay for it." she elaborated with a little pout "I suppose I'll be staying here at the college until I can save up some more."
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:27 am

Cobalt wasn't here to discuss how much of an asshole-like thing it was to do that to someone innocent like Vixen but apparently no one else seemed to get that. Shaking his head a little bit at that, rather depressing, thought, he hummed to himself as he shrugged slightly,

"Yeah well don't worry, you tend to get used to it after awhile if you keep running." He told her before adding, "Some times the only reason they're chasing you is because you're running from something... so it's time to stop hiding here, where you're visible, and hide where you cannot be seen. Then you will not be chased anymore."

He rolled his neck a little bit to work out some of the kinks in it that had developed from sneaking into her room. Mages tended to make him nervous, what with their 'see life' spells and such,

"Try using that kind of logic against a grieving Nord mother and see how deep her axe cuts into your throat."

He grinned a little bit before he listened to her. Mmm that could be a bit of a problem but luckily for her he had cleared out some bandit nests on the way here. You know, the bandits who didn't think they needed to sell their loot with the Guild. He took out three pieces of jewellery, a silver and jade ring, a gold and ruby ring and a golden necklace,

"Well these should help you with your skills." He told her, "One ring for sneaking, one for lockpicking and the necklace for pickpocketing. If you need coin... I suppose I can lend you some. On one condition... what shout did you use? Let me 'taste of your Voice' as the Greybeards said to me..."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 am

Vixen had to say that this man, whoever he was, was being awfully nice to her but he seemed to have been doing this thievery for much longer than he had been announced as a Dragonborn, could that mean that he was typically an immoral person before he had been found to be a Dragonborn? Could she really trust him or was this all some sort of scam to get her out into the open and then ambush her?!

Scolding herself for that very thought alone, Vixen couldn't believe she sounded so much like her brother right then - he was so over protective of her she supposed it had just rubbed off on her own thinking. It had done some good to keep her alive.

"Well that's all well and good if you have the skills, and you have the coin but I had neither so the college I went with myself to learn some skills." she stated with a small smirk "I suppose I can apply them to being sneaky if I need to, I have learnt some useful spells and enchantments to that effect. I just have no...practical experience."

Unable to stop herself from blinking when this man tried to give her the rings and necklaces, Vixen held up her hands to prevent herself from taking them;

"I am already adept in enchanting, I didn't know that's all you needed to be good at to be a good thief...I just meant that I haven't actually done any thieving or any weapon fighting." she stated with a soft smile "I'd prefer you kept your jewellery, considering your generous offer to lend me gold!"

Nodding her head, Vixen bit her lip, readying herself before shouting;

"FUS!" and watching as the man staggered back a little bit, towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:49 am

Cobalt didn't like the idea of this little dragonborn being hunted because of who she was to be honest, it wasn't like she had chosen this crappy destiny anymore than he had. He had hated the world for making him something like this to be honest. He had raged and he had seethed at the world for making it so that he had to step forwards and be come kind of hero.

And he had begged the Gods that it wasn't true.

That there would be another Dragonborn to take up the mantle. Well... there was. But now that he saw her he knew that he couldn't ask her to be the hero that the world needed right now. He couldn't ask her to do it alone,

"Yeah some enchantments and some spells are really useful." He admitted with a grin, "Just make sure you brush up on your destruction magics too... sometimes people aren't too happy with us after all."

He shrugged a little bit before dropping the jewellery onto her desk in a neat little pile. Looking at them intently for a moment, he hummed before turning to her,

"The woman in town, owner of the general store, she'll probably give you between 1,500 and 2000 gold for that." He told her with a smirk, "So there's your entrance fee if you don't use them."

He stumbled backwards a step before righting himself and nodding,

"Alright... you've got chops kid." He smirked at her, "Stick with the Guild... Stick with ME, and I'll make sure to show you the better ones too. We got a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:55 am

Vixen nodded her head with a look of cute determination on her features, it was cute merely because she couldn't actually produce many fierce expressions. She knew that she needed to get better at fighting now because she had people riding on her, she couldn't let them down and if she got into the Guild then she would do all she could to prove that Cobalt was right to trust her and ask her to join them.

"Alright I will make sure that I start to practice more with those destruction spells, just to make sure I have them completely down." she stated with a small smile "I can imagine that my moral compass might need a small bit of readjusting if I end up being accepted into your guild."

When the man dropped the items down on her table, Vixen blushed a little bit at her words being ignored but she couldn't help herself from gently picking them up and placing them in her little coin purse to keep them safe. That way they wouldn't get lost and she could sell them when she was finished here at the College.

"Oh my, well, thank you. That's so very kind of you." she stated with a bright smile "You know if you need some potions I have many here, if you're on your way to some sort of top secret mission some of them might come in handy."

Nodding her head Vixen held out her hand for the man to shake;

"Deal. Pleasure to have met you, Cobalt." she stated with a gentle smile "I guess I'll be seeing you at the Guild then, well, hopefully anyway."
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 am

Cobalt could tell that he was likely going to be partnered up with Vixen on her first few jobs, to make sure that she could handle it without freezing up. And to keep her safe and to ensure she got some easy first missions to get her into the whole scene. After all, she hadn't been training to be a thief and assassin since her teenage years.

Come to think of it, she was unlikely to actually be out of her teenage years.

"Yeah, particularly shock spells. Those things are the most useful I find." he told her honestly before shaking his head a little bit, "You'll learn that we don't do bad things. All we do is try to protect each other and provide for one another. Without the Guild there would be literally hundreds more beggars on the streets. We provide for them... think of it that way."

He chuckled a little bit at the blush on her face. She seemed to be under the impression that what he had just handed over to her was a lot of money and maybe it was. But it wasn't to him. He still had stolen items worth more he needed to fence anyway,

"Not a problem, they're not mine." He teased her with a wink before shaking his head, "Nah I should be good. I think I'll take the carriage back down to Riften after all."

Grinning a little bit, he winked at her,

"Oh you'll see me in Riften... but only after I see you first." He assured her as he gradually became invisible, "Talk our man in the market and then meet me at the Flaggon... you'll know him when you see him."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 am

Vixen had sold the items that Cobalt had given her to the woman in town and she thought that her pockets were so much heavier in a very good way, she had never jingled so much! She had even purchased some more soul gems and some more spell books to improve her skills and to add new ones to the list of the ones she had learnt.

There might not be too many that she didn't know right now! That made her proud as she almost skipped into the gates of Riften.

She stopped rather swiftly when she got inside and saw...well...how much of a rat hole it was. It was completely filled of scumbags and it seemed as if one of them was eyeing her up to steal her newly filled coin purse, sending a snarl his way, raising her lip and growling a little bit he smirked softly but moved on.

"Yeah that's right, you jog on." she huffed to herself as she wandered over a bridge above a lower level of city and a small river, inspecting some of the stalls in the market, tilting her head to one side she perused going over to the blacksmith when she saw a rather handsome man out of the corner of her eye.

Suddenly she found herself immensely interested in resting against the wall nearby his stall.

Vixen wondered where the man was that Cobalt told her to go and speak to because she had no idea who he was going to be. He said that she would know him when she saw him however she didn't have a clue as to where this member of the Thieves Guild was, or what he looked like. Maybe he would come and find her?
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:26 am

Brynjolf was a member of the Thieves Guild and had been since the orphanage had kicked him out after he turned fifteen. The Guild had provided for him and he had given the Guild his loyalty in return; his never-ending and undying loyalty none the less. Some members would resent him and Cobalt for being the 'lifers' as they were known.

They were the ones who would live and die for the Guild, even if Cobalt also took on some contracts for the Dark Brotherhood from time to time.

Spotting the woman that Cobalt had told him about, he smirked a little bit and when she made her way over to the wall by his stall he stepped away from the stall towards her. As he took those two steps he sized her up... including the way her pocket seemed to bulge with coin,

"Nev'r don' an hones' days wor' fer all tha' coi' yer carryin' eh lass'?" He teased her with a little smirk, "Tak's a special kin' pers'n fer tha'..."

He hummed a little bit,

"I thin' we go' som' busines' yer an' I lass but firs' a tes'..." he declared, nodding towards a different stall, "Tha' lizar' fella' ov'r ther' has got purty little rin' in his safe... nic' the ring and put it in tha' elf' falla's pocke' an' I'll tak' yer te mee' me frien's... we go' a wee deal lass'?"
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 am

Vixen raised an eyebrow at the man who approached her and couldn't help but look completely offended when he said that she had gotten the money through questionable methods. That was simply not true! She had worked hard to earn her coin and she had done small jobs around the College to earn more as well, the only money that was somewhat questionable came from selling the goods that Cobalt had given to her.

"I take offence to that!" she gasped, her soft eyes widening as she took in the implication of such a statement - this man thought that she was a thief! She was no such... oh...oh well she wasn't one just yet! She still had pure hands! "I always get my money from doing good honest work and selling good honest wares!"

To be honest she thought that he was rather rude this man, the first thing out of his mouth was telling her to steal something from another person and plant it on someone else. Cobalt had said that the organisation wasn't like this, that they helped the poorer people with their work. This wasn't helping the poor, it was framing someone!

"To be honest I don't know. I don't even know who you are." she stated, folding her arms around her chest and setting in a firm stance her eyes were narrowed in an attempt to show that she was less than impressed with what this man was suggesting.

She wasn't completely liking this situation either;

"If you ARE who I think you are, I don't think I want to meet your friends. This sounds nothing like the work that my friend said you do, helping the poor, keeping beggars off the street. You'll be putting someone on the street by ruining their business!" she hissed.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 am

Brynjolf stared at the woman as she berated him for not only assuming that she was a thief (which he knew she was going to be soon) but also for suggesting she do something that a thief would do. She even went so far as to question his motives! So he waited until she was finished, smiling patiently until she was done before smirking,

"Don' wit' yer lil' moral dilema' ther' swee'ie becaus' if yer wan' te joi' our lil family yer gunna hav' te do te family business." he told her with a shrug, "An' righ' now lass yer seem te be offen'd by eve' bein' ask'd. Now I'm sur' Cobal' welcom'd yer to te family... bu' yer don' ge' in if we don' see tha' yer can be trus'd to do yer wor' lass... get it?"

He took a deep breath before nodding towards the dark elf shop keeper,

"Tha' elf ov'r ther' beats up orp'ns who try te steal som' foo' from his stall." He told her without his signature smile, "He deserv's te ge' wha's comin' to him an' eve' yerself hav' got te see tha' lassie. He's an evi' lil man an', te be hones', he'll lik'ly be bac' ou'a jail befor' te wee' is ou'."

He shrugged,

"Bu' tha' is a wee' wher' te kids'a me ol' orphanag' ain' gettin' their tans hidd'd."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 am

Vixen couldn't help but look at the man with her mouth hanging open, honestly he was one of the rudest men she had ever met if that was how he spoke to a lady, especially one who he had asked to join his guild. He certainly wasn't making her want to join in - the fact that he was telling her to steal right away was something that she didn't like as well, she'd never done it before and she was right in there with no training?

That wasn't what she had been expecting.

Perhaps this was a wasted trip? She would stay here overnight in the Bee and Barb before making her way back to Winterhold tomorrow, she should never have left the College, especially when she was becoming so fast friends with her fellow Nord Mage.

"Well I also explained to Cobalt that I've never stolen anything in my life before and that I required training, training he said he'd give me. So to be spoken to as thus and dropped in the thick of it doesn't show great care for a new member of the family." she stated with a frown.

Frowning a little bit Vixen crossed her arms over her chest and turned away;

"Sorry I guess this isn't the right kind of family for me to fit into, thanks for at least humouring the chance of me joining." she stated with a rather soft sad smile before sticking her hands in her pockets, truth be told she had been looking forwards to some adventures but, maybe she just wasn't the adventuring type?
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:19 am

Cobalt sighed a little bit at Brynjolf when he finished telling him about what happened with Vixen when she had come to see him in the town center not five minutes ago. Shaking his head as he stole away through the city, he arrived just to time to see Vixen adjusting her pack for the journey home. It was likely going to be a very long trip for her.

Whistling, he called his horse to him before slowly cantering up to trot alongside Vixen with a little grin as he held out a hand for her,

"Need a lift?" He asked her, "She is a strong enough horse for one man and one slim young woman such as yourself I assure you."

He sighed a little bit and glanced back at the city gates,

"Look... I'm sorry about Brynjolf. He doesn't mean to be that blunt, it's just he's very used to Riften you see." he told her with a slightly amused smile, "When all you see everyday are thieves then you only see thieves, all the time. Sorry about that Vixen... come on, lets go for a little ride of Shadow here and we can talk about it?"

He grinned,

"I'll even agree to take you home even if you disagree with what I'm saying, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 am

Vixen was about ready to go back to the College, her new home and her family now she supposed, perhaps she thought that was where she was meant to be. She was obviously not cut out for the real world if everyone was so rude and blunt as this man had been, she had hoped that they wouldn't be like this but, alas, they were and she had no abundance of thick skin to stop herself from being buffered by their actions.

Adjusting her pack on her back with the new supplies she had bought, Vixen smiled brightly and readied herself in a positive mindset for the journey ahead. Otherwise she would never get there! The cold weather could be a really big de-motivator.

The only thing that snapped her out of her funk was the voice of Cobalt coming from above her, looking up at him sideways, a soft frown on her features, she didn't know what to make of him. Had he been a liar about what the cause had been about, or was it the fault of the other man for lacking people skills.

"I severely doubt we have anything to talk about but I'll take the lift, it is a long way to Winterhold after all." she stated with a soft sigh "Well I would accept the apology if it came from his lips but, it didn't so he obviously doesn't mean it."

Hiking herself onto Shadow Vixen sat behind Cobalt, not wrapping her arms around him because she didn't think that it would be appropriate. It would be like an embrace and she wouldn't initiate without his consent first, otherwise it would be weird, right?

"I'll listen to what you have to say Cobalt, if only because I respect your opinion as a friend." Vixen agreed looking down at the ground as the horse, Shadow, moved along the path out of Riften, she would be glad to see the back of this place the only thing she would miss would be the abnormally attractive Nord men here.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:42 am

Cobalt chuckled a little bit when she refused to accept the apology on the grounds that it wasn't Brynjolf out here saying it to her face. In some ways he could respect that but in other ways it didn't make much sense. After all, would she really want to talk to Brynjolf after what had occurred? She was unlikely to accept anything he said, even if he had been genuinely sorry and all that. He smirked a little bit,

"Oh I'm sure we have lots to talk about! Even if it's not about the Guild." He told her as he helped her to mount Shadow, riding behind him now, "Well Brynjolf was of the opinion that you likely would not have accepted it coming from him seeing as you are currently a little made at him."

He smirked ruefully,

"Of course he thinks that you're spitting feathers-level mad at him for some reason... what would give him that impression?"

As the horse began to pick up speed they began to travel through the increasingly cold tundra towards Winterhold. He glanced back at Vixen,

"Might want to hold on Vixen, there are a lot of bumps in the road along here after all." He told her before smirking a little bit, "Why thank you Vixen, means a lot to me that you'd listen to a guy like me."

He hummed a little bit,

"You don't have to join the Thieves Guild... but if you don't then I think I need to stick around you a bit more." he told her with a small smirk, "Got to look out for my fellow Dovahkin right? At least until we can convince the bounty hunters and Dark Brotherhood that you're not someone they should be attacking."
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 8:51 am

Vixen couldn't help but blush when she heard that Brynjolf thought that she was spitting feathers level of mad at him, she could see why he might think that but already she was pretty much over it. She would have most definately accepted an apology if he had come out and said it to her face because it would be childish not to.

"I wouldn't be such a dolt to refuse an apology, that's just silly." she stated with a small huff, puffing some of her fringe away from her eyes as she did so "But he was right to think that I was very offended and I did kind of turn and walk away from him, b-but in my defence he was very mean!"

Nodding her head she allowed her arms to wrap around his chest, hugging herself to him. It kept her warm as well which was always a plus point and she could feel the muscles of Cobalt from underneath his armour which was rather nice as well she had to say. Trying not to dwell on that, she blushed softly as she suppressed the thoughts.

"Honestly I don't think it's for me right now, perhaps I'm still a little niave to the way of the world perhaps in time I will come to join." she stated with a soft smile "Right now I think my place is with my fellow students in Winterhold, where I will train up my magika until I'm of a good enough skill level to make it up the mountain to the Greybeards."

Unable to stop herself, Vixen smiled gently at the idea he would be sticking around, she had quite a soft spot for her mysterious and rugged Cobalt.

"I don't want to be a bother or anything, I know you must be busy Cobalt. I was thinking of trying to go up to High Hrothgar soon to see the Greybeards, I would appreciate if you would show me the way if you have time."
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 am

Cobalt had to admit that he thought that Vixen wouldn't have been someone to hold a grudge that badly but apparently Brynjolf had been convinced otherwise by something and nothing could persuade him differently. Of course Cobalt was half convinced that the man just didn't want to leave Riften seeing as they had their suspicions about one Mercer Frey,

"Yeah well Brynjolf is set in his ways." He admitted with a little chuckle before winking, "He likes to think he's got some charm but a beautiful woman can always tie his tongue in knots in seconds... I think you might have done that to him."

Chuckling a little bit and enjoying the way that it felt to have her arms wrapped around him, he smirked a little bit and looked around at the weather, noticing that it was going to get worse soon and they would need somewhere to camp out. He nodded a little bit,

"That seems fair enough, the Greybeards might even like you." he joked a little bit, "They didn't like me because they thought I would abuse the Voice... know it alls right?"

He smirked a little bit before looking over his shoulder at her and winking at her,

"I'll carry you up the thousand odd steps if you'd like." he assured her with a smirk before pulling Shadow to a stop outside a small shack he used as a rest-stop from time to time, "It's going to snow so lets get inside and warm each other up alright?"

Of course he definitely had ideas about how best to warm the both of them up. He couldn't help but lick his lips as he looked her up and down discreetly.
Back to top Go down
Vixen Battle Born

Vixen Battle Born

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am

Vixen blushed softly when she heard the she had tied the rather handsome man's tongue in knots because she was so beautiful, to be honest she had never been complimented like that before by a man. Perhaps because she didn't get out there enough that was the reason? It was nice to think that might be the reason though, even though it probably wasn't.

"I doubt that was the reason you know." she stated with the same pink blush on her cheeks "Its nice to think that though, he was really rather cute." Vixen admitted with a little devilish grin on her lips that Cobalt wouldn't see, and so she thought it was safe to let her little moment of triumph shine through.

Hearing that the Greybeards didn't like him, Vixen frowned in confusion before she heard the reason and she had to admit that being in the Thieves Guild didn't lend itself to integrity however she knew from just speaking to Cobalt that he wouldn't misuse such a power. It would always be used for the greater good in situations.

"Well I think that they might have to eat their words, I don't think that you would ever misuse such a power." she stated with a bright smile "I have faith in you."

The offer to be carried up the steps made her grin and Vixen shook her head; "Oh you do joke, I don't think you could carry me up all of those steps, even thinking about them right now makes me feel tired, I'm glad that we're stopping over for a night. If only there was a faster way to get to these places."

Hopping down off the horse, Vixen followed Cobalt into the little shack and she bent down by the hearth, placing some logs and paper into the fireplace before using flames to set alight to the wood and the paper starting up a fire to warm the two of them. As Vixen straightened up she took off her heavy pack and placed it on the floor by the fire.

"There we go, that should keep us toasty."
Back to top Go down
Cobalt Smith

Cobalt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am

Cobalt raised an eyebrow when she obviously baited him a little bit about finding Brynjolf to be attractive. Huh. Damn nord got all the attention it seemed! Chuckling a little bit, he shook his head a little bit,

"Oh I think the reason is a valid one. I think this because it's only because I do have some charm that I'm not currently tripping over my words trying to talk to you." He teased her with a wink before smirking a little bit, "Ah well it's good you're not spending much more time with him... Brynjolf is married to the Guild I'm afraid. A pity you might think."

He chuckled a little bit when she said that the Greybeards would have to eat their words. She was right to be fair. Of all of his gifts that he had exploited to become a better thief and assassin, the Voice was not one of them,

"You might be right but I don't think they care all that much. To them I betrayed their ideals by using it in combat even once." He admitted, annoyed, before smirking a little bit, "You have faith in my huh? Well best not go around breaking it then."

He laughed a little bit,

"Nonsense, I have a keen eye for weight." He assured her before looking her up and down carefully, "I could carry you up three thousand steps without breaking a sweat I think... you look to be light as a feather."

Of course as soon as she started on the fire he became a lot more interested in her ass because she was bent forwards, presenting it to him. Licking his lips a little bit, he almost forgot to speak as he enjoyed the sight,

"Oh? Ah yes! Yeah we're going to be toasty." he agreed before smirking, "But there's only one bed and it'll be bellow freezing... so lets share yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)   Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirited Away (Vixen and Cobalt)
Page 1 of 1