The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Empty
PostSubject: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 am

Tallis had gotten up very early this morning in order to clean the infirmary. It was now afternoon and she had only just managed to finish it.

There were bags of rubbish and boxes of used sharp needles that had just been left laying around the place, in fact if it hadn't have been for her large gardening gloves she had found she would have been stabbed several times. It just really wasn't sanitary.

Sighing softly as she surveyed the newly changed bed sheets, the newly freshened medical supplies with bandages, stitching kits, antiseptic and a new load of medicine that had just been brought in for her, Tallis couldn't help but think that it looked a right side better than it had done when she had first come here.

Looking at things in the light always seemed to make them seem better than they were in the dark.

There were now charts on all of the patients beds, and a filing case for the records of them once they had left so she would have a history of all of their health woes. Tallis had already been through all of the patients to get their information and five had already left the infirmary with instructions to take their course of antibiotics to clear up their infections.

Over all Tallis was feeling good.

Not only that but she had managed to get her hands on a good supply of sexual health items to give out, many guys had already been in asking for antibiotics, which Tallis had refused until the next delivery in a few days time. After the swearing and threats they got the idea that saving peoples lives was more important than the clap, and if they were in the reverse situation they wouldn't want their medicine going to some jerk off who had an STI.

Sighing softly she placed her head on her desk and groaned in tiredness and frustration.

"What's up babydoll?" Pedro asked her from his bed "You've done a great job on the place, I can even smell fucking antiseptic cleaner and everything." he smirked.

"I'm just tired, but hopefully the worst is over after this morning." she sighed running her hand through her hair "I could do with a coffee or something to wake me up."

"Yeah you better wake up girl! I'm not having you cutting off my leg half asleep." he joked before adding "Naw seriously, Imma lot more happy having you do it, than having Vaas just come in and cut it off like they usually do."

"Don't let him here you say that." Tallis laughed happily, moving to sit in the chair next to his bed.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:25 am

Vaas had been seeing the transformation of the medical tent happening but before he could see it completed he had gotten a radio transmission about some of Citra's warriors trying to attack an ammo dump a few miles away. He and some of his best men had sped to the scene to try and help the guards already there.

There had only been one casualty but still... it kind of made more of an impact on you when the guy jumped in front of a machete for you.

Skidding to a stop in the jeep, Vaas vaulted out and untied the guy, Danny, from the hood of the car. His right arm was hanging on by a thread and there was blood everywhere. Honestly it looked like Danny was already dead but Vaas refused to believe it.

The guy had taken a hit for him... he wasn't about to give up on him,

"TALLIS!" he roared as he carried his friend to the medical tent, setting him down gingerly on a bed, "Come on Danny... don't you fuck around now boy... you're gunna be alright si? Si?"

He frantically began to search for something to stem the bleeding and grabbed a fresh towel, pressing it onto the wound before looking for Tallis frantically,

"Tallis... Tallis come on... you gotta help him chica..." he almost begged her, wincing when Danny coughed up some blood, "Don't fuck around I said Danny! Come on hermano, hold it together...!"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 am

Tallis was enjoying her gentle banter with Pedro when she heard Vaas roaring her name from outside of the tent, before she knew it he was in the tent with a man who looked to be honest like he was not going to last very long at all. His arm was hanging off and he had lost a lot of blood.

Jumping up from her seat she swiftly wheeled around her tray she had created for emergencies just like this and she placed it onto the bed that he was placed on, securing a tourniquet around the arm that had been severed, Tallis elevated it as well in an effort to stop the bleeding. It was going to be a task to find someone with the right blood type as him.

"What blood type is he? Do you know? Find someone with that same type right now if you do, we don't have any transfusion bags and he needs one." she stated swiftly.

Flipping a syringe out of a kidney dish Tallis picked up a little bottle full of morphine and began to suck it up slowly through the syringe until it was full. Inserting the needle into the mans other arm and letting the medication do it's work, Tallis picked up the cleaned cleaver that she had managed to trade for this morning and gritted her teeth;

"It's okay Danny, you've just been given a high concentration of morphine that will act as a sedative, you won't feel a thing, okay?" she reassured softly, even as she brought down the cleaver and it smacked through the remainder of his arm swiftly letting it fall to the floor.

The iron was constantly plugged into the wall and she managed to race, detatch it and hurry back in a few seconds, pressing the iron to the large cut where she had severed the arm Tallis pressed down on Danny's upper body as he tried to wiggle away from the iron. Although he jostled her she managed to keep him down for the most part until it was closed to her satisfaction. Swiftly she picked up the bandages and wrapped them around the stump of the wound and for the first moment in about 15 minutes she stopped to take a breath.

"Shit." she panted softly "Right...he needs an IV." she murmured to herself as she picked up a cannula and softly inserted it into his hand, after all of that happening to him and the pain medication he was sleeping, completely out of it so he didn't feel a thing as she placed it in his arm.

Taking his blood pressure she noted it was incredibly low and she bit her lip, he really needed that transfusion.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:46 am

Vaas gritted his teeth as he saw how much pain his friend was in and couldn't help but wish that he had taken the blow instead. On some level at least. When she asked what blood type he was, Vaas swore a little bit,

"He had a tattoo... but it was on his other arm where the slash is!" he cursed before he swallowed thickly once before holding out his left arm for her, "I have O-negative... universal donor blood si? Use my blood until he can tell us."

Seeing the morphine go in was a great relief to Vaas and he could see in the little movements of Danny that it was already beginning to work. But still, as soon as she got the cleaver, Vaas pressed his weight onto the man's uninjured shoulder to pin him down solidly. And when the cleaver came down... Danny screamed anyway, despite the morphine. But it was muted due to it. Patting the guy on the cheek rather roughly, he gritted his teeth,

"Look at me... come on Danny look at me...!" he commanded the man, trying to distract him from the lack of an arm and the approaching iron. When he tried to look at the iron, Vaas slapped him and got his full attention again, "HEY! Look at me hermano!"

The iron made contact.

Danny tried to buck and writhe with the pain but between Vaas and Tallis he was locked down onto the table and was unable to escape. As he began to relax, unconscious if Vaas had to guess, Vaas grabbed a chair and moved it over to the bedside, placing his arm out ready,

"I'll do the transfusion now." he told Tallis with a sighed, "Guy took that cut for me... least I can do is give him some of my blood... thank you Tallis."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:53 am

Tallis was all a little bit shell shocked, sure she had dealt with knife wounds from fights before in the Royal A and E department but never had someone come in with their arm severed almost completely and she had to cut it off with a cleaver and heal it shut with an iron. Taking a deep breath in and out, to calm herself down she went into the medical closet and took out the old blood transfusion device.

Placing it on the trolley now she had a clear space, Tallis affixed clean needles to it before placing one in the cannula she had affixed to Danny's hand, and got the other one ready to go into Vaas' arm as he held it out for her.

Cleaning the area with a small wipe before she gently inserted the needle, Tallis watched as the transfusion progress began and was satisfied that everything was working well and the blood was making its way into Danny even now a few minutes after it had been connected.

"Don't worry about it...its my job." she smiled softly, although her hand was still a little jittery and she was shocked she had put the needle in right first time because she was so on edge after what had happened just then "I'm just glad I organised everything this morning, if we had taken a few minutes longer I don't think he would have made it, he's very lucky."

Smiling softly Tallis brought over her pad and began to write down the things that had happened, the time they had happened in, then retook his blood pressure.

"Good news is his blood pressure is higher than before, if only slightly so, he should pull through." she stated with a small nod "I'll take a unit for now, but you might be needed again in an hour or so, so if you have things to do you might want to find someone else who is universal blood type." Tallis stated, sinking down at her desk and placing her head on it again.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 am

Vaas had to admit that he had had his doubts about what good ordering the stuff in the medical tent would actually achieve but he was very glad to be proven wrong right about now. It meant that the guy who saved his life was going to live... even if he was going to have to live without an arm. But it meant he could pay back the guy who had saved him.

In his warrior culture there was nothing worse than being saved by someone and being unable to return the favour in some way. This was a promise that didn't end at the death of one party either; the debt would just be withstanding and Vaas would forever be without any kind of honour.

He merely watched as the blood began to go into Danny,

"I suppose it is... you're doing an amazing job so far I must say." he told her with a small smile before nodding in agreement, "Yeah... he took a nasty hit for me. Citra wanted revenge for... something... so she told them to target me. Danny got in the way."

When she said that the guy might survive he sighed happily at the news and settled in for a bit of a longer rest in the chair by the bed,

"Good..." he muttered before waving over one of his men and giving him some instructions. He nodded to Tallis, "Someone else will cover for me and try and find someone with the blood and no STI si?"

Leaning back in the seat, he smirked a little,

"Ever have to do anything like that before Tallis?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 am

Tallis preened softly when she heard Vaas tell her that she was doing a good job, she had saved a mans life, more than a few limbs so far since she had been here and doled out the antibiotics effectively and she was happy with what she had done so far. She was also happy that it was being recognised by Vaas how much she was doing and achieving already.

When she was more practiced she would be able to deal with things like this a lot easier than she had today, a few bits and bobs needed to be rushed to to get after all.

"Thanks Vaas." she smiled shyly "Well I'm supposing its because I'm one of the guys now, although I still don't have that uniform that you promised me if I joined up." Tallis smirked softly.

Nodding her head she smiled at the guard who was going to do the searching and she watched him leave the tent knowing that they would have enough blood to make sure that Danny had the amount needed for him to function properly.

"Right now we just need to be vigilent, with little blood he is liable to go into a seizure." she hummed as she began to clean up around the medical bay, cleaning the iron with an antiseptic wipe on a clean rag and then placing it back on its hot plate to keep it warm in case she needed it for another emergency.

With a small smile she shook her head and sat down on the bed next to Danny, stroking his hair a little bit;

"No." Tallis admitted as she raised her gaze away from Danny to look at Vaas "I've dealt with stabbings and knife wounds of course but, nobody ever came in with something hanging off, and even if they did we have better equipment back in the proper hospital at home so it'd go a lot smoother. This type of thing must happen a lot here. Is everyone else okay from the attack group?"
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 am

Vaas had noticed the work she had been doing so far had all been good and not only was that a bonus for the group... but it really meant that he was unlikely to lose his head and his balls any time soon. Even Hoyt would have to admit that Tallis was doing invaluable work here for them and to get rid of her in such a way would not only lose him a talented medical officer...

It would likely mean a revolution of the pirates. You could pay them terrible wages and they'd follow you out of fear but the second you attack their central kind figure? You would be number one on their hit lists,

"My pleasure..." he told her honestly before smirking a little bit, "No uniform for you Tallis! The boys are tracking down one of those little white nurse outfits for you Hermana! If you're lucky it might have tights or something..."

Turning back to Danny, he sighed a little bit but nodded his head. He really didn't want his friend to go into a seizure but what was he going to be able to do about it in the end eh? Smirking slightly, he nodded again,

"Well don't worry we'll have the blood."

Vaas chuckled a little bit as he merely looked her in the eyes,

"Well you'll be the best at it if you go back to the hospital at some point." he told her before shaking his head slightly, "No more wounded. Some of Citra's men were wounded... but Hermana... even you can't cure what they got now. Death."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:31 am

Tallis thought it was strange the way that she was being accepted so quickly into the group, although she was undoubtedly happy about it in the end, she wanted to be able to make sure that they could come to her if they had any questions about anything. Often there were underlying health problems that they wouldn't bother with but they could be fatal if they weren't treated.

Thinking about that though, she wondered if she could put in special requests for medicine from Bangkok, assuming that was where her supplies came from in the first place.

"Oh well I'm sure I'll love wearing that." she smirked softly, rolling her eyes "I'll just wear my shorts under it, don't worry about that. Maybe a doctors coat would be better out of a practical sort of note, as opposed to a fantasy."

Sitting down on the empty bed next to Danny, after giving him a small kiss on the forehead, Tallis wrapped her arms around her legs as she drew them into her chest.

"Honestly I'm not going back am I?" she asked with a small smile "I'm going to be stuck here until I die most likely."

It was hard for her to come to terms with, she already missed her family, her grandparents, her mum her dad...she wasn't sure what they would be doing now, what they would be thinking. Would they be looking for her back in Bangkok or would they just have resigned themselves to the fact that she had disappeared.

"That's good." Tallis smiled gently "We're doing well so far, five people were discharged since this morning and others are improving with the medicine being used in the right way, and given to the right people."
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 am

Vaas chuckled a little bit, having had quite a while now to visualise Tallis in a skimpy nurses' outfit. Of course he recognised that practicality would have to win out over sex appeal and he didn't want to tempt the men even more than they already were. So in the end she would likely get a regular uniform and a doctor's white coat or something like that.

He shook his head a little bit,

"Of course you might just end up with the regular uniform and a doctor's coat." he told her honestly with a little laugh, "I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to go down so don't go asking me alright? I'm not the guy with the uniform... that's actually Danny."

When she asked if she was honestly ever going to get back he paused for a moment before sighing and shaking his head,

"Not for awhile yet chica." he told her before smirking a little bit, "No... until Citra and Hoyt die. Maybe even just when Citra is dead."

He could tell that she was missing her old life but the fact was that Citra had robbed her on that life, he hadn't done a thing against her. Chuckling a little bit, he tried to keep himself quiet. They didn't want to be waking Danny up right now,

"That's good to know chica, you're really doing good work here." he told her honestly before chuckling a little, "Though maybe you'd like better surroundings... maybe we could move the base and the medical centre?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:54 am

Tallis was a little bit shocked when she heard that Danny was the one with the uniform and she looked as the small bag that he had brought in with him, it must have fallen off on the way into the medical unit but she picked it up and rifled through it. Thank god for clean clothes she thought with a happy sigh escaping her lips.

Picking up the doctors coat and the small amount of medical stuff in there as well as some womens clothing, Tallis grinned.

"Bless the lord clean clothes!" she sighed "I'll enjoy wearing them tomorrow."

Slipping the doctors coat on and placing on a pair of glasses that were in the pocket, Tallis found they were actually pretty accurate to her prescription too. Her hair was tied up as always while working in a sloppy bun at the back of her head, s few loose strands of hair were down framing her face after that little incident.

"Yeah..." she sighed, squeezing her hand tight in her pocket, turning away for a moment to get herself composed "That's what I thought...I'm glad I get to make a difference while I'm here though, and get to show Hoyt wrong." Tallis grinned, with a cheeky wink now she had turned back to face Vaas.

When Vaas offered to change the base and the medical center Tallis raised an eyebrow in interest; "Where were you thinking of moving the base to?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)   Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refurbishments (Vaas and Tallis)
Page 1 of 1