The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Empty
PostSubject: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:00 am

Morgan grinned a little bit to himself as he almost effortlessly glided his ship through the waters towards the dock of Tortuga. It was a port that not only tolerated pirates but actively supplied and supported them. It was definately one of Morgan's favourite places to visit, if only because the drinks tended to be strong and the women tended to be beautiful, even the ones you paid for.

Chuckling a little bit as he casually steered the ship, he blinked a little bit when he noticed that there was a place open that was rather closer to the tavern than his allocated place. Seeing no one else moving towards it (who would reach it before him at least), he steered the ship towards it and was able to slow to a stop just in time to fit cozily in the good space. Grinning a little bit, he waved to his Mates and his crew as they prepared to tie the ship to the dock,

"Get going you salty dogs!" he commanded, half-jokingly, "I'd like to reach the tavern before noon... it's not a good morning unless I have at least half a belly full of rum."

The rest of the crew laughed a little bit along with him, knowing that he wasn't exactly lying in that regard. He oversaw their progress until he was satisfied,

"Alright then... crew members, you're all off! Apart from those who have agreed to watch the ship." he noted, a small group of sailors settling down by a barrell with a deck of cards nodded to him, "Alright then, it's noon and we've all worked very hard. I say that's lunch! Off with you scurvy dogs! All of you be back by nightfall or I'll sick Eduardo on you!"

There was more laughter, Eduardo included. Waiting until most of his crew was off, Morgan whistled a little bit as he went to pay the dock admin for the use of the dock.
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 am

Persephone had reserved a space in the dock at Tortuga before her big journey ahead, she needed to pick up a few more crew members and this was the right place to do it, there would be many women here for her to recruit, ones that wanted to sail the world and have the chance to find their lost sailor loves among the many ports she was going to visit. It was almost like she was becoming a sort of taxi service, not a real pirate at all, but, she didn't mind so much.

She found her joy in helping other women like herself to find their lovers. Their faces were a good reward, more than any gold, although, on occassions they did stop off for a good pillage and loot, it was a great way for them to let off steam. Lots of the women chose to stay on too, because they either didn't find their lovers, or, their lovers wanted nothing to do with them.

It was sad when that happened but oh well.

Her mind was so scattered with thoughts that she barely noticed before it was too late someone had taken her spot! Gritting her teeth in annoyance she instead docked her ship a little way back from the originial spot, how annoying was this?! It looked like they had only just docked there as well, what is the point in paying for a reserved dock if someone just took it?! It wasn't very pirate to admit but, it was still annoying!

"Right!" she called to her crew "All of those who have decided to stay on board the ship, thank you, and we'll be sure to bring back something nice for you all." Persephone grinned "To all you ladies getting off here, I hope you find what you're looking for, if you don't we cast off tomorrow morning, I'll see you then."

Bowing slightly, she threw on her coat, and picked up her scabbard, tying it around her waist like a belt. Now she was going to have a word with this bastard. She could see him cocky as anything paying the dock master, and as she approached, Persephone glared at the other captain, sure he was handsome, what pirate captain wasn't?

"I'll have a refund, dock master, the space I reserved was unavailable for me, so I'll just pay for the standard rate, you owe me the rest in return." she stated, blatently ignoring the other captain.
Back to top Go down
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 am

Morgan whistled happily to himself as he juggled his coin purse, noting a few likely customers eagerly eying it. He grinned at them before placing a hand on the pommel of his sword, instantly scaring them off and sending some of the more organised theives running. He chuckled a little bit when he spotted a ship that seemed to be eying up his space before moving on.

Ah but so was the nature of life as a pirate!

It was their job to steal and many chose to steal from other pirates so he was hardly the worst offender in this case. He chuckled a little bit as he noticed the ship docking somewhere else. Oh well, it was just business. The dock master tried to put up a fight about it but Morgan just put an arm around the man's shoulder and handed him a few extra coins,

"Well why don't we say that I booked it first?" he suggested with a smirk that only grew when he realised that an angry looking woman was making her way towards him and the dock master. He patted the rat-like man on the head, "Don't you be thinking any thoughts about her. She's far out of your league."

When she stood up next to him at the little stand the dock master had he took the chance to give her a quick onces over before just smirking slightly at her. The rat-like dock master was a lot less subtle, eying her like she was a piece of meat,

"Sorry miss..." he purred in what he must have thought was a sexy voice. Instead it was just sickening, "No refunds without... proper incentive."

Knowing just what that implied, Morgan smiled coldly at the man. His hand came to rest on his sword very obviously, causing the rat-like man to gulp and hand over the refund to the woman. When it was done he bowed to the lady, taking his hat off with a flourish to do so,

"Captain Morgan of the Sirius at your service." he greeted her with a small smirk, "I assume you are the captain of the ship who's space I... acquired?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 am

Persephone was sickened by the Dock Master, he seemed to be eyeing her up like she was something to be eaten, like she would even let him touch her let alone eat her in any way shape or form. It was annoying that because she had breasts and a different sexual organ it meant that she got oggled at wherever she went, she was pretty sure if she was a guy the Dock Master wouldn't mess her around so much.

When the other captain seemed to take care of her own problems for her, she glared at him directly, she hated it when men took care of her goddamn problems she could do it herself! Like she looked at any point to be in trouble with this clearly simple minded Dock Master. Biting her tongue, she took the refund and raised an eyebrow at some of her crew that went past, gossiping about the other captain...oh there were downsides to women crew, and that was one of them.

"Thank you." she stated curtly as she slipped her refund into her coin purse attached to her belt, still trying her best to pay the Captain as little attention as possible "I shall be needing the space until tomorrow as we discussed, and I hope that you ensure no harm happens to my ship during it's stay." Persephone glared, rather evilly at the Dock Master.

Seeing that it was going to be impossible to fully ignore the Captain, she turned to him and fixed him with a look that showed she was clearly bored by his presence, men like this were always more trouble than they were worth, and he looked like he couldn't be faithful if it would save his life. Of course, she still had manners, and didn't quite go that far and say what was on her mind.

"Pleasure." she stated curtly "I am Captain Persephone of the Hydra, and yes, you would be correct, that in your laziness you took my space. As a pirate, I should learn that this sort of thing is expected, although I believed mutual respect for fellow pirates would stand."

Smoothing her coat down she smirked, and waved slightly; "Well then, adieu."
Back to top Go down
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 am

Morgan could tell that the woman seemed to dislike him for 'fighting her fight' or some such nonsense but honestly he had done that both for her and for himself. He had always grown up with the rule that women were to be treated with respected and the dock master had been going against that. Of course he could see it her way as well. She was getting rather irrate at him for stepping in like that and he hadn't even said anything! But she did look cute with that fire in her eyes,

"Pleasure." he replied just as curtly, although the smirk kind of gave it away as the slight joke that it was. He tutted a little bit at the dock master, who just made a rude gesture at him, "Oh for shame on you for being so stingy to such a beautiful woman. I'm sure he'll have it given to you for the alloted time."

He grinned a little bit when she turned to face him, not at all bothered by the fact that she looked bored as hell to be anywhere near him right now. Morgan could tell that the woman wasn't exactly 'into' him right now but hopefully that might change as they got to talking. And he really did want to talk to her, she looked like she would be a lot of fun to be around,

"Ah The Hydra! I have heard of your ship by reputation. Word has it that the entire crew is female... and that you do a lot more good than you do actual pirating. Though sometimes the same can be said for my ship." he teased her lightly before shrugging slightly, "I did not know that it was reserved for you. If I had I would have gone to a different one but I had little respect for most pirates, only those with morals such as yourself."

He grinned a little bit as he put his hat back on,

"Mind if I tag along?" he asked her with a grin, "I've been wanting to meet the 'Queen of the Hydra' for a long time now. Forgive me if I gush."
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am

Persephone raised her eyebrow a little bit when Morgan said that he had heard of her ship. of course, she was talked about by the women in many places and so she was sure that word would have spread about her but, beyond that, it wasnt like she went shouting her skills around everywhere. It was kind of annoying she was known as a good samaritain more than a pirate...William would have been proud of her, if she had been a first rate pirate.

Breaking away from her thoughts, her mood crashed back down to irritation, this guy was just so happy go lucky! After a whole week of sailing with women being hormonal, having bitch fights and just generally screwing around and not working, she kind of wanted to enjoy her time away from the ship.

"Yes, my crew is entirely female, and no males are allowed on board the ship, either." she stated with a small smirk on her lips "It creates a safe atmosphere for my girls, who would want testosterone driven smelly men around the deck? Not myself."

To be honest she had heard of the Sirius and it's captain, it was hard not to considering he was the Pirate King, and the thought struck her that maybe she should be behaving a little bit more kindly towards the guy, it wasn't like he had done anything wrong. There was a time where she would have laughed and joked no questions asked, but, that was a long long time ago.

"I don't know whether to say I'm flattered or not at that statement, but, considering it's coming from you, as our King, I suppose I should say that I am." she smirked. "I don't mind you tagging along I suppose, as long as you keep up."

Turning she began to stride along the slippery wood of the dock, if he wanted to walk with her, then he was going to have to catch up, she didn't care one way or another if he followed her or not. Although, when he told her he had wanted to meet her for some time she turned to look at him and raised an eyebrow gently; "Oh, and why have you wanted to meet me?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 am

Morgan could tell that she didn't appreciate the reasons why people had heard of her ship, no doubt because she thought that people knew more about the ship than her skills in captaining it. While it was true that a lot of the news (gossip) about the ship regarded it's activities and the nature of it's crew, She had skills, or so the stories went, but most of the time people were convinced it was because she was some kind of witch. A lot of people had tried to call her calypso at one point or another.

He could tell that his attitude was beginning to wear on her right now but he honestly didn't care too much. Morgan was a nice guy and he wasn't about to pretend otherwise to get to talk to people. He could tell that his attitude wasn't really the problem though,

"Oh I'm with you there." he joked lightly with a little chuckle, "After a week or two at sea the boys smell more like dogs than men. I'd wager your conversations are more intelligent as well."

Morgan spotted some people ahead of them heading into an alleyway and he narrowed his eyes a little bit. They were obviously going to do something that the good lord would not approve of. He smiled at her slightly but his eyes stayed on the entrance to the alleyway for a moment,

"Please, I'm just a fellow captain right now." he told her with a grin before holding up a hand, "One second... I do believe I have to do something to save a life or two right now."

Moving into the alleyway, Morgan growled when he saw what was clearly a begger woman being harrassed by five armed men. Taking his sword, Morgan pointed it at the men, who were obviously drunk. Thankfully they saw that he was the pirate king and immediately fled. Morgan reached out and snagged the coin purse off one of them before handing it to the begger woman.

Catching up with her quickly, he grinned a little bit and put his sword back in it's scabbard. He chuckled a little bit when she asked about him wanting to meet her for awhile,

"Well I've heard very good things about your skills behind the wheel." he told her honestly, smirking faintly, "Some say that you are a better fighter than I and a better sailor than Eduardo."
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 am

Persephone spotted the tavern in the distance and she was so happy to be near a good source of rum, she wasn't much of a drinker before she took up this job, although you could understand why she was so engrossed in drink now. Especially after a hard day on the Hydra, what with Niomi there, and Elizabeth, she had to fight hard to keep them from fighting with the less permenant members of the crew.

"You would think that." she sighed softly "Although you would be entirely wrong, you would be surprised how hormonal and bitchy these women get in heat. I'm just glad to be away for a few hours."

Of course, she had planned to get some training in, Persephone didn't get much chance to train while she was on board the ship, although Elizabeth was more than capable of steering, she always thought that it was a way for her to be closer to William, if she was the one to be steering the ship, as such, Elizabeth only really took over in an emergency or when she was sleeping.

Raising an eyebrow when Morgan told her he was going to save some people, Persephone rolled her eyes but didn't stop, he would catch up with her, and if he didn't then she would be free to have some drinks on her own and mull things over. There were lots of things she needed to mull over after all.

"I told you I wasn't going to wait." she sighed, talking to thin air as he had already wandered off to save whoever it was needed saving, Persephone continued to stride onwards towards the tavern, and as she was about to step inside he rejoined her, well, he was faster than she thought he was going to be. Thats what came of being the pirate king she supposed.

Hearing that he had heard good things about her captainship of the Hydra, she smirked a little bit, this was what she had started being a pirate for, the Pirate King recognised her as being a talented pirate, William would be proud of her.

"Well, if that was true, then I would be the Pirate Queen right now," she smirked "So I guess you must just be trying to flatter me. What'll the first round be, some rum for the scoundrel who stole my space?" she grinned, getting a bottle of rum for them to share from the barkeep, taking a sip, she handed the bottle to Morgan, sharing rum with the Pirate King, today was a dear diary moment.
Back to top Go down
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 am

Morgan had to admit that the few women he'd be around when.... 'mother nature visited' had not been too pleasant. The hormones had made them incredibly volitile to say the very least. Thankfully men never got like that... or maybe it was because men always had that much hormones so they were always that violent? That would actually explain a lot,

"Ouch... Yeah I don't envy you there." he admitted with a chuckle, "Although I doubt such disputes end with near-knife fights like the fights with my crew do... Or maybe they do. I've never sailed with more than a handful of female sailors at a time."

Morgan could tell, when he got back, that Persephone didn't think much to him dashing off to rescue someone like that but it was just kind of the person he was. Besides, as the Pirate King he had to promote the idea that pirates raided and stole from the rich. Not only was it more profitable but it would mean they would have the support of the poor. Few pirates realised that this whole port of Tortuga didn't have to help them and only did so because they wanted to. If they pushed too far then they'd lose their best port of call.

He could tell that she did like his compliments about her captaincy though. She seemed to like hearing that about herself. She was trying very hard to be taken seriously as a pirate after all so it was definately to be expected,

"Ah that is true. But you know you'd have to challenge me for it and that's just a whole lot of time wasted for both of us." he joked with her in return before sitting down next to her, "Definately rum. Even though it's all that seems to be available at sea, rum is always the sailors choice."

Taking a drink of the rum, he passed it back to her with a happy little sigh. He sat back in his seat and smirked a little bit to her,

"So tell me more about Captain Persephone and the Hydra of the seas!" he urged her with a grin, "I've heard the stories and I'd like to know some truth from you."
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:55 am

Persephone grinned a little bit, it seemed that the Pirate king was a little softie underneath his hard exterior, it wasnt even that hard an exterior. It wasn't fair he got to be so carefree and she couldn't let her guard down for a second, because she was a woman, her reputation would be over if she got beaten in a fight because she wasn't careful, and she would never allow that to happen. Never!

So, it was why she tended not to drink too much she didn't know what she was doing, she'd only been in that state a few times before, in this very port if she remembered correctly. It had been a dark time for her, so she supposed she could excuse her temporary lack of responsibility.

"I suppose you're right, besides, I don't really have any interest in taking your job, it sounds like it's more pressure than its worth." she sighed softly, smirking as she looked at Morgan over the top of the rum bottle that she was holding.

When she heard that he wanted to know more about her, she blinked, well people didn't tend to ask questions about her personal life and she didn't really want them to ask questions about her personal life either, she wasn't a very trusting person, and she certainly wasn't about to trust someone she hadn't met before. Even Elizabeth and Niomi didn't know the full story of her past, and they never would do.

"In situations like this I never know where to begin or what to say." she admitted with a grin, before taking another large gulp of the rum and setting it down on the bar table in front of them.

Letting her eyes wander around the bar, she spotted a rather attractive sailor, perhaps he could take her mind off things for a while tonight? Drawing her attention back to the conversation at hand, she merely smiled cheekily again and continued; "So why don't you just ask me what you want to know, and if I can answer you, I'll tell you."
Back to top Go down
Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 am

Morgan tried to not get think about what caused her to grin like that because he was pretty sure that it would be at his expense. Grinning right back at her, he kept up his little act of being so carefree and relaxed. It was an act purely because a lot of people wanted to be pirate king and the only way to become said king was to defeat him in combat. A lot of people in this tavern would want his crown he'd wager.

He drank some of the rum but made sure not to drink too much, he hadn't been properly drunk outside of the confines of his personal cabin in years. Mainly for the same reason he was never able to fully relax when at taverns and the like. But he still managed to live a good life and that was what mattered in the end,

"Oh you have no idea." he told her with a little chuckle before gesturing over to a big guy over by the bar. He was glaring daggers at Morgan for no apparent reason, "That guy there... he's eying me up for my crown right now. And he's just the most obvious one. Honestly, I'd welcome the relief from it if I didn't think most of them would become tyrants and destroyed whatever sense of community we've managed to build up together here."

He could tell that he had surprised her by asking to know more about her. Or perhaps she was only surprised that he hadn't immediately started a line of questioning designed to get her into his bed? He imagined a lot of men would try that considering there was a lot of male gossip about "taming the hyrda queen" between the men in some of the taverns he had visited. Honestly it was rather sad,

"It is a rather broad question isn't it?" he acknowledged with a grin but didn't speak, knowing that she was going to speak again. When she did he chuckled a little bit, "Alright that's fair enough... mmm. Ah!"

He grinned a little bit as he looked at her, "How does a lovely lady such as yourself manage to become the captain of such a fine vessel? Where did you find the Hydra? Or did you have her made? I'm curious."
Back to top Go down
Persephone

Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 am

Persephone knew that there must be a lot of pressure from his job, a lot of pressure from not only his crew but...but the rest of the pirate world! It was something that although she thought she could handle, it would more than likely take up all of her time and it was something that she wasn't going to enjoy very much. She didn't envy Captain Morgan at all. It seemed that he might even regret taking the job himself.

"I have to say that I think you're right." she admitted with a small sigh "A man under the leadership of another can be virtuous and good, but when he becomes his own master, things can change rather rapidly when he is working for his own interests."

Taking another drink from the rum Persephone sighed softly, she was beginning to relax a little and she was enjoying the company of Morgan, he was quite a nice guy, for a guy. She thought though that he was more than likely going to end up being more trouble than he was worth to her, he gave off that sort of vibe, although, he was the Pirate King, so, he should be able to handle himself.

Waiting for him to ask her something, Persephone tilted her head to one side and frowned softly when he asked her where she had gotten the Hydra, she didn't want to bring up William, and so resolved not to tell him the whole story,

"I stole her from the Navy holding dock in Aqua." she stated with a smirk on her lips "I have no doubt that you would have heard about it, it...is quite an explosive story I have to say."

To be honest, she was curious about Morgan as well, she had heard of his crew, they were competant there was no doubt but...she wondered if she would be able to take on the ship if need be. Maybe this would be a good chance to ask him some questions of her own.

"So, a question for a question Morgan. You must have your fair share of enemies within the pirate circle, within the Government and Navy too I would think, are you confident your crew is competant enough to deal with all of these threats?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)   Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ooooo was that your space? (Morgan and Persephone)
Page 1 of 1