The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black is the night (Invite)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Cannes

David Cannes

Black is the night (Invite) Empty
PostSubject: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:47 am

David Cannes was not someone who enjoyed his job, despite the fact that most people would consider it a good job. He was a member of the World Health Organisation at a management level, meaning that he got sent across the world to organise medical aid being distributed and medical centres being construction, both short term and long term.

He had been sent to the camps of prisoners of war, genocide survivors and many more. Around the central offices, David became known as the guy you went to if you wanted to get something done overseas. His reward for his hard work was a trip to Banoi, a small island in the pacific, where he would be overseeing a blood drive. It was just pretext for sending him on holiday but he appreciated it.

But the reason he didn't enjoy his job was that David was afraid of flying, and for a doctor and manager who went across the world... he did a lot of it. Life had been much simpler, he mused to himself, when he had been the one on the ground setting up shelters and seeing to the needs of the sick and dying.

Groaning a little bit, he pulled himself up out of the bed. He regretted abusing the 'open bar' privilege the WHO had given him now but there wasn't anything for it. He was a bit annoyed that he was still dressed in his suit too though. Smiling a little bit, he sat down at his desk and cracked open a bottle of water. The door to his room was open a little but he paid it no mind.
Back to top Go down
Viktoria Steinburg

Viktoria Steinburg

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:10 am

Viktoria panted softly as she ran through the corridors of the hotel she had been staying in, she had gone to sleep that night after using the night heated pool and everything was fine, now however though things had gone to pot around her! Everything was silent, deserted, apart from the dead bodies, the dying and the zombies!

It was almost impossible for her to believe what was going on but, here she was in a hotel full of zombies! Of course she had read about them, heard stories where this happened but...in real life? She hadn't thought that such a thing would be possible.

Luckily the first one that she had encountered was not very quick, their legs having been previously damaged in an assault, and it looked like they had already been gnawed on by a passing zombie before they had turned. Gulping softly, Viktoria stopped, her chest heaving as she spectacularly vomited all over the carpeted floor of the hotel. There had been so much blood, the smell of it, the heat had done so much to decay the food already.

Hearing something scuffling a few corridors away, she gasped softly, wiped her lips on her hand and dashed along her corridor, seeing a room door that was open, Viktoria dived inside it and shut the door quietly behind her. Groaning softly, she rested her head against the cool of the door, totally unaware that there was another man inside.

So, when she turned and saw one standing there, Viktoria let out a shriek  and picked up the nearest object, a weighty ornamental bowl. If he was one of those freaks he would be on her in a second!

"S-say something!" Viktoria commanded, her accent much thicker in her panic "Say something, or...or else!" she squeaked, waving the bowl through the air as if by way of threat.
Back to top Go down
David Cannes

David Cannes

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 am

David was enjoying the water, it was soothing both his aching throat and his throbbing headache. What wasn't helping his headache was the sounds of someone running through the corridor with all the subtly and consideration of a herd of wild elephants. Honestly, if this turned out to be a child playing hide and seek he was going to have words with the parents.

Both about them letting the child play out of their sight like that and for not teaching them how to be good at hide and seek... that was just bad parenting.

He went back to his water, intent on ignoring the noises of someone running through the corridor. It occurred to him that if he shut the door he wouldn't have to hear it at all but he was, at the moment, too attached to the chair. It was comfortable and it was next to water, his new best friend until he had drowned out this hangover.

He almost immediately regretted not closing and locking the door as a woman, a rather attractive woman at that, burst into his room before closing and locking the door behind her. She closed and locked the door quietly... completely at odds with her rather abrupt and fast entrance it had to be said. She didn't seem to notice him so he decided to say the first thing that came to mind,

"Hi." he greeted her with a small, bemused, smile, "You get lost looking for the buffet table or something?"

When she saw him she picked up a bowl from the side and seemed to prepare herself to smack him with it. It looked quite heavy and he didn't fancy getting hit with it,

"Is this a hotel room robbery? Because if it is I have to tell you... the bowl? Not intimidating." he told her with a small smirk before frowning slightly, "I can speak, though I have a banging headache so I'd appreciate if we both whispered. Now... why have you broken into my room again? I missed the part where you explained that."
Back to top Go down
Viktoria Steinburg

Viktoria Steinburg

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 am

Vikki almost squeaked when she heard the man talking to her, she hadn't expected that there would be a man in this room, however now that she had found someone else, someone who wasn't wanting to eat her brain and wasn't in the process of having their brain eaten seemed to be a bit of a rarity these days, so perhaps she should stick around with this man? He might be nice after all and he would need her help as well.

When she heard what he had to say however, her eyebrows furrowed softly into a frown and she couldn't help but think that he was a little calm about this situation, what if she herself was a zombie? She wasn't but, he wouldn't know that when she came in, and his door was open as well! Why would you keep it open in a time like this?!

Raising her eyebrow her mouth popped open when she took in the fact that the man in front of her seemingly had no idea about what was going on, did he not take in the fact that her legs and socks were covered in blood, not just flecks but big splashes where she had to run through bloody puddles of water.

"That would be because I didn't explain it in the first place." Viktoria blinked, a little confused as to why the man would think she had explained herself, she didn't randomly explain herself to empty rooms after all "But I would be happy to fill you in on the situation seeing as you obviously don't know what's going on."

Pointing to the door, Vikki smiled somewhat cheerfully; "The whole hotel is either dying or dead...or the undead." she stated "There are zombies and dead people everywhere, so I saw your door was open and thought the room was empty, because only an idiot would keep their doors open in a time like this! So, I came in here because I didn't fancy being dead any time soon...or dying, or becoming a zombie."
Back to top Go down
David Cannes

David Cannes

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:37 am

David had to admit that this woman had been in his hotel room less than five minutes and already he knew she was going to be amusing. She was just a little bit strange that was all. But who was he to judge eh? He thought that fighting Cholera and HIV were regular 9-5 stuff after all, he wasn't exactly the textbook definition of normal. But still... she seemed a tad eccentric for someone who was obviously just a regular person.

He blinked a few times. So she had missed his little sarcastic jab? Or had she ignored it? Either way was fine by him he supposed. In the end he just chuckled a little bit and held up the bottle of water he was drinking from. After a moment's thought, he gave her the other one,

"I have no idea what's going on!" he laughed a little bit, wincing when the action hurt his head, "Please do explain, I think it's going to be quite a tale."

When she told him that there were zombies and dead people everywhere he blinked a few times. Normally he would dismiss it as nothing but a joke but the way she looked at him (also the recently noticed blood splatters) leant credit to her idea. He gulped down some water and threw the empty bottle away,

"Right..." he muttered a little bit to himself, "Okay... the kind where you get bitten or die you turn into one of them? Those kind of zombies? Where's everyone else by the way? You're the only person I've heard in this entire floor."
Back to top Go down
Viktoria Steinburg

Viktoria Steinburg

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 am

Viktoria tilted her head to one side and let her long wavy hair fall across some of her face, it was something that she didn't think she would ever have to explain, a zombie apocalypse however it was a once in a life time thing she supposed. It was highly unlikely that she was going to be able to survive this thing and get off the island, she was an artist after all, and had no skills to use in a situation like this.

Hoping that she had done it well enough for the man to understand, seeing as he did just admit that he didn't know anything, Viktoria was a little downhearted when he continued to question her about what was going on. She didn't think that she needed to be any clearer about what was happening in the world of Banoi and outside of this hotel room.

Flipping the bowl around in her hands, Vikki inspected it as the man got his head around the situation, it was one of those times after all. She would be worried if he didn't want to take a moment.

"Well I suppose so although I didn't really stick around to find out what happened when one of them tears a hunk out of skin..." Viktoria admitted, humming as she placed the bowl back on the sideboard near the door of the room.

Viktoria raised her eyebrow and she laughed happily; "Wow you really are silly. I just told you they're all dead! Take a look outside if you don't believe me, but be careful in case one of those things are outside, I don't want them coming in." she grinned.
Back to top Go down
David Cannes

David Cannes

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:53 am

David was beginning to get a little bit worried. First time she told him he had almost completely dismissed the very idea of it occurring. The second time it had caused doubts and now, right now, he had no idea what to think anymore. He gritted his teeth a little bit as he thought about what the hell was going on here. Even if there were zombies, how would it manage to spread so fast? Even if bites did contain the virus, or whatever it was, it would have to have gotten into a lot of people quickly before that.

He paused for a moment and picked up a pamphlet on the desk in front of him. It was a simple, trashy, pamphlet about the blood drive that was going on the island. That must have been what caused it to spread so fast! He chuckled a little bit morbidly at her description,

"No I suppose you wouldn't really want to stick around for that." he agreed with a small smirk before frowning slightly before pointing childishly, "I'm going to ruin my suit aren't I?"

Deciding to take her up on that offer, David opened the door to his room and took a look around the corridor. To be honest it looked like a bomb had gone off. There was luggage and people and parts of people, scattered all over the place. He closed the door again and grinned ever so slightly, hiding the growing horror that he felt,

"So no chance of room service?" he joked lightly before picking up a backpack he'd brought and filling it up with the mini-fridge stock, "So... plan? We got one or are we just saying 'get the hell out of here' is our plan?"
Back to top Go down
Viktoria Steinburg

Viktoria Steinburg

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:01 am

Viktoria was a little bit confused why the man seemed to be so happy, so jokey, however she didn't really think that much on it when she realised that perhaps he was just born that way, and maybe it was worse when he was in nervous situations. This was a nervous situation. If it wasn't then she didn't know what would classify as one. The dead coming back to life should make everyone nervous, unless of course you were dead and didn't realise.

"Maybe if you are worried about ruining your suit you should change into something else." Viktoria suggested with a small smile on her lips "After all you should have other clothes, people don't typically wear suits on holiday, or when it is as hot as it is here."

Of course, she could tell that the joking was now definitely a nervous reaction, he was doing well he hadn't even thrown up yet. When she had first seen a scene like that one outside she had thrown up all over the carpet in her room, and it didn't really get any easier for her as she travelled throughout the hotel.

Everywhere was foul...everywhere smelt so disgusting it was like she couldn't escape it.

"I don't think there is any chance of room service no..." she stated with a small hum "Well...I was planning on staying in this room and waiting for help, that was why I came in here in the first place I guess. So, you can go if you like but I think staying here is good. Those things are everywhere. I don't fancy being out there unprotected."
Back to top Go down
David Cannes

David Cannes

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:16 am

He thought about changing out of his suit but decided against it for a few reasons. One was that he didn't have any other clothes with him, he was only supposed to be here for the day and hadn't really wanted to bring anything he didn't need. And the other main reason why he didn't change was the reason that he told the woman. He smirked a little bit widely and scratched the back of his head in mock nervousness,

"Mmm I would but then I wouldn't be looking my best with the most attractive woman on the island with me!" he told her with an exaggerated wink before chuckling a little bit, "Besides, if this is all zombies and everyone's dying... then I want to know that I died looking the best that I could. If I'm dying, I'm doing it in style!"

David was doing his level best not to show the poor woman what he'd had for dinner last night. The sights he could deal with - too many years working with diseases showed him that was possible. The smell was what was getting to him though. It was like nothing he had ever experienced before. Taking a deep breath (through his mouth), he nodded to himself,

"Well what about if we get ourselves some weapons to keep them away from us?" he reasoned with a small smile before frowning ever so slightly, "I don't really want to try and test how long the door can hold on it's own... should we move some furniture in front of it too?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black is the night (Invite)   Black is the night (Invite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black is the night (Invite)
Page 1 of 1