The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some vacation huh? (Invite)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

Some vacation huh? (Invite) Empty
PostSubject: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:50 am

Logan groaned in pain as he pulled himself up and out of his bed, cursing himself for having so many bottles of whiskey last night. Seriously, it was probably really unhealthy for him but to be fair it wasn't like he had much to stay sober for. Grunting in annoyance at his own thoughts, Logan washed his face in the sink of his bathroom before deciding that he was going to wander downstairs for some breakfast.

Or lunch considering how hot it was outside, it had to be mid-day by now.

Opening his room door, he blinked a little bit when he saw all the bags strewn across the floor,

"The bag boys all on strik' or somethin'?" he muttered to himself as he went over to the elevator bank area. As he waited for the elevator he turned to the massive balcony that looked out over the bay of the beach. He sighed happily as he leant on the railing, "Anoth'r day in paradise righ' here."

When a screaming person went flying past him from the balcony above him, Logan was anything but prepared.

Swearing wildly, Logan glanced up to see no one looking down. Turning, he almost vomited as he saw the large circle of blood around the body's caved in head... and he was about ten floors up! He covered his mouth with a hand,

"The fuc' is goin' on around here?!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 am

Abbie had been on one of the most amazing holidays she had ever been on, it was totally worth getting those malaria shots to be able to travel to the island of Banoi, after her trip to see the shooting locations of Lord of the Rings in New Zealand. This was the culmination of all of those scrimpy £150 a month food budgets, the coping with her shitty broken mobile so she didn't lash out for another one.

It was great. Or rather it had been great now it was the most fucking terrifying experience of her life.

Everything and everyone starting from last night had turned completely fubar and now most of the hotel was dead, or dead in a sense.

Darting out of her room when she thought she heard an actual person, Abbie looked around the elevator lobby which was right by her room and almost cried for joy when she spotted a man there, standing by the balcony. He wasn't dead, and he wasn't one of those things either! Things were looking up for her!

"Hey!" She called out in a low whisper, rushing out from her room clutching a large marble hotel ornament in her hands "Are you okay? You feeling alright, you aren't bitten are you?" Abbie asked with a hushed voice.

Her eyes darted around the lobby before motioning to her room;

"Will you come inside, it's...it's safer in there." Abbie whispered, the fear was evident in her voice as she started to dart back to her room "Come on!" She hissed motioning for the man to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:17 am

Logan was trying to act calm but to be honest right about now the only thing he wanted to do was babble about how insane this all was and then go hide in his room and hope this was all some kind of shitty dream! But it felt too real... too real to be a dream. He knew it and right now it was scaring the hell out of him.

The sound of someone else in the hall shocked him so much that he jumped a little bit and he immediately scooped up a plotted plant, ready to hurl it at the person if they were hostile. When he saw that it was just a scared looking young woman he sighed a little bit in relief and lowered the plant pot back down a little,

"Hey... yer scared the bejesus outa me!" he told her loudly before frowning a little bit, "I've got the mother of all hangovers but I feel fine... and no... I've not been bitten by anything other than bugs."

Looking around the lobby, Logan was only just beginning to realise how deserted it was and that was a very telling thing when combined with people throwing themselves off of balconies. He swallowed a little bit and followed her inside, closing the door behind the two of them and making sure that it was locked up,

"Why do we need to be safe?" he asked her with a frown, "There's people throwing themselves from windows upstairs... what the hell is going on?!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:40 am

Abbie was just so glad they were back in her room, she swiftly began to put up pillows and blankets around the door again, resticking them with the duct tape she had gotten complimentary in her room. She had thought it was odd but now she was just thanking whoever added that to the list of complimentary items. It would muffle their sounds to the corridor outside so those things wouldn't be attracted to them.

The man seemed to have no idea what was going on, and to be honest SHE had no idea what was going on but she knew a few things here and there. This guy had seemed to have just woken up if the hangover was anything to guess on.

Pausing she turned to face him from sticking those things up around the door and moved to sit down on the bed, patting the space next to her with a small sigh on her lips. Abbie had no idea how she was going to break this to him, who would believe it if they didn't see it? He would think he was being punked, Abbie couldn't blame him.

"Overnight, these things started attacking the people in the hotel, turning them into zombie things! They eat them, and then once they're dead they come back to life! And if you're bitten you turn into like a super powered version, I seen one of them rip a guys throat clear out!" she admitted, her voice wavering as she hugged her arms around her body.

"I came back to my room as soon as I could and locked myself in there...I didn't know what else to do, people were dying all over the place, there was blood everywhere...all the security just bolted and left us here with no help." Abbie exclaimed, wiping at her eyes as she had begun to cry with her fear "I haven't heard anyone alive out there for hours, you're the first none dead person I've seen since last night."

Hugging her knees to her chest she buried her head in her legs; "You wont leave me by myself will you?" she asked, at this point not above begging for help to get out of here alive.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 am

Logan was beginning to think that he had wandered into the room of a psychopath who was going to kill him or something because the only reason he could think of for her covering the door like that was to block out sounds. Either she wanted to be able to make noises without others hearing to preserve her innocence or... people from outside might be wanting in and she was stopping them from hearing that they were even here.

He had no idea why anybody would be wanting to come after them like that but at the same time he also had no idea as to why people would jump off buildings or leave all their luggage strewn across the hallways.

Sitting on the edge of a chest of drawers he had moved to be closer to the door, and closer to an exit, he frowned a little bit as she began to explain things. Of course the term 'explain things' might have been generous seeing as she seemed determined to have him ask more questions than she answered,

"Zombies? You expect me to believe that zombies have invaded the island, and the hotel, and started eating everyone else until they were either dead or zombies too? That is..." he shook his head a little bit, cursing his throbbing headache, "My head is swimming too much for this but that still doesn't sound possible!"

Okay... she was either one hell of an actress or she thought she was telling the truth. And to be honest there were very few reasons for an entire hotel to be empty and for screams to be the only sounds available. He picked up a tissue and wiped some tears away as he handed her another tissue,

"So... what do we do? I meant we can't stay here." he told her quietly before thinking about something, "I don't suppose it'd be as easy and just hitting them on the head right?"

When she asked him not to leave her he sighed a little bit and sat down next to her on the bed, wrapping a comforting arm around her,

"I won't leave you darling." he assured her simply before pausing, "We can leave together later if you want."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:00 am

Abbie knew that it would be hard for him to believe what was happening, she thought it was impossible before it had started happening and she thought that when he first saw them for the first time and had his first confrontation he would no longer have any doubt in his mind that what she was saying was the truth. It wasn't anything she wasn't expecting though.

Getting up she rummaged through her bag she had used for hand luggage, and had packed with her essentials should she need to up and leave swiftly, she handed the man two HeadEx tablets so he might feel better;

"Here you can use these for your hangover." she murmured softly "I know it sounds crazy but it's true! You just have to get down the corridor to see the first dead body and you'll know that I'm right, it's all skinned and gnarled it's disgusting."

As Abbie took the tissue from him she dabbed at her eyes and took a deep breath, placing some spare in the pockets of her combat shorts in case she needed them.

"I don't know what to do...I was just planning on staying here actually but, now that I have someone with me...maybe we should try and get to a lifeguard station? Maybe there will be a radio there we can call for help, maybe there will still be lifeguards there?" Abbie suggested, hugging her arms back around her chest as she paced the room lightly, before returning to flop on the bed.

Leaning her head on the mans shoulder, Abbie took in a few deep calming breaths and actually found comfort in the alcoholic smell clinging to his shirt and breath;

"Thank you..." she whispered softly "My name is Abbie, Abbie Wilson. If we're going to go out there, we need to get some weapons, I only have this thing which is too heavy for me." Abbie gestured to the marble statue which she had flung on the bed behind her.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Logan had to admit that the likelihood of this all being an elaborate lie was evaporating rather quick with the continued conviction she was showing. She was continuing to go on and on about it as if it were real and he was beginning to think that it was real to be perfectly honest. Sighing a little bit, he rubbed his temples to help try and relieve some of the tension and pain rushing through his body from his head.

Groaning a little bit, he blinked a few times before smiling gratefully at her and taking both of the tablets with a small glass of water from the bathroom. The water was beginning to taste a bit funny for some reason too. He frowned a little bit but could think a little bit more clearly already,

"Alright... well as soon as I see that body I'll believe you." he told her simply before nodding to himself, "And after that we can both run the fuck away to be honest. I am not staying in a hotel infested with zombies!"

When she began to give suggestions about what they should do, he immediately found himself disagreeing about where they should go. They should go somewhere that had a good defensible position and food. But... well he didn't know anywhere like that so the lifeguard station was a much better plan than standing around here,

"Alright we'll go to the lifeguard station and use the radio." he told her with a nod, "If we can't for any reason... well then we'll use the maps around the lifeguard station to find somewhere safer. Maybe the lighthouse or somewhere like that?"

He gave her shoulder a gently, reassuring, squeeze,

"Nice to meet you Abbie... I'm Logan Carter." he told her with a light grin before pausing for a moment and nodding slowly, "Yeah... yeah we might need weapons. Even if there are living people; they might not be friendly."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 am

Abbie smiled softly when she found herself growing in confidence because she had someone with her now, she wasn't just some weakling student on her own in a hotel full of things who wanted to kill and eat her. Logan was a big man as well, he looked like he could handle his own and although it might be wrong to burden him with herself, she just wanted to get out of here alive.

Nodding her head, she looked around for something that she could use as a weapon to save herself in a situation with one of those freaks.

"Okay, well I'll take you there, and you can see for yourself, then I suggest we use the elevator, the emergency stairs are blocked off...so we couldn't use them even if we wanted to." Abbie informed with a soft sigh.

When Logan accepted her idea Abbie grinned, she was glad that she was able to help put forwards something useful to the situation instead of just being the barer of bad news; "Okay then, that sounds like a plan, go to the lifeguard station, see what's what on the way there..."

Calming down a little bit more as he gave her a friendly squeeze on the shoulder, Abbie stuck her hands in her pockets and looked around the room, there wasn't anything that she thought that she could use as a weapon, she had already tried to mash up the furnature to give some sort of stick to hit them with but it was all metal and all welded together.

"I don't think there's anything we can use in here, believe me I've looked, maybe we can find something along the corridor though, maybe in one of the bags or another room?" Abbie suggested "I don't think we should stay here much longer though." she whispered softly, worrying her lip between her teeth as she picked up her backpack, slinging it over her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:30 am

Logan had to admit that it was nice to feel needed and right now he did feel needed. Abbie was already looking to him for help even though he wasn't sure if this whole thing was real. She looked at him like she needed him; needed his help. And that was something he hadn't felt since before his accident had toasted his career. And before he had ended up responsible for the death of one young woman.

Were they supposed to use an elevator in an emergency? Or maybe that was just in case of fires and things like that? He decided something else too,

"You know what? I believe you, we don't have to go and see the body or anything like that yet you know?" he suggested with a small smile before chuckling a little bit and giving her a thumbs up, "In all the movies the zombies are in America where there are guns... sucks that we're stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere right now huh?"

Moving over to her little balcony, Logan picked up a potted plant and threw the plant away to leave just the heavy pot. He grinned at her,

"I used to be a quarterback back home so I'm going to need things to throw at those fuckers." he explained to her before nodding a little bit to himself. Grabbing hold of the marble statue, he looked at her four poster bed... before swinging the heavy stone at one of the wooden legs. It snapped off easily and the bed listed slightly. Handing her the solid wood leg (still less heavy than the stone), he grinned slightly, "That make you feel better about your situation huh?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 am

Abbie was glad that they didn't have to go and see the dead body, she wanted to be able to get out of here as swiftly as possible and there might be some dead guy feasting on the body. Even though there wasn't really that much left to feed on...but...then again it didn't look like they really cared all that much about what they ate.

Laughing softly, although it was still sort of strained, Abbie nodded her head. It did suck that they were in some island far away from everything else...it made it a lot harder to actually get the hell out of here as they weren't attached to anything.

"It does kind of suck." she stated with a small sigh "And if I were at home in Britain I could just hide in some large country manor until the whole thing passed over with some tea and a nice hot wooden fire." Abbie smiled cheekily as they got ready to leave, casting one more look around.

A little squeak escaped her lips when he hacked the leg off her bed, it showed her just how strong he was but it also interrupted what she was going to say. Regaining her composure she blinked and took the leg from Logan with a shaking hand. Abbie didn't want to leave she wanted to stay in the lovely safe place that was her room...

But she supposed she would have to leave and now was the best time.

"I was going to say I thought I recognised your name, my dad was a big NFL fan, he woke up at 3am just to watch your team play on NFL." she stated with a big smile "And uhm, thank you for the leg, it does make me feel a lot better."

Placing her hand on the door, she waited until he was ready and then, when he was, she opened it again and the corridor was still thankfully clear. Slowly and carefully she walked towards the elevator lobby where she had met Logan and looked at the rather rickety elevator stuck just under their floor.

"I think we need to open the lift hatch from above...it looks a little unsafe but it's the quickest way to get down, the safest way too most likely." Abbie stated, running her hand through her short, styled hair.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 am

Logan had to admit that seeing a dead body was not high on his list of things to do before he died. Of course his list had consisted of rather selfish things before but right now, with his life possibly measured in hours and days rather than years and decades, he was going to have to change his list. Change it so that it meant he would help Abbie as much as possible right up until his dying breath if needs be.

He grinned a little bit, trying to keep both of them laughing a little bit as it meant that their minds were not entirely on the taste they had before them and their location. He hummed a little bit and nodded,

"I'd be up in my penthouse suite with my shotguns, my beers and my cable TV..." he told her with a smirk, "Sit in my chair, watch some movies, drink some beer and wait for all this to blow over! Sounds like a plan... sort of."

He glowed a little bit when she said that she thought she had recognised him. That was quite the compliment, especially from a British person seeing as their NFL fanbase was massively smaller than the American fans of the NFL. Just went to show how popular he had been,

"Why thanks for saying that." he thanked her before smirking a little bit, "As for the leg, any time Abbie. I want you to be feeling safe because I want us both to be safe."

The hallway was eerie and Logan was surprised he hadn't noticed the deafening silence that made every moment they made seem like a march band fare. He frowned a little bit at the predicament with the elevator before he began to climb onto the elevator. Easing himself inside, he nodded to himself before calling out,

"It's all good don't worry." he assured her with a grin, "I'd give this elevator an 8 out of 10... it's about twice as clean as it ever was before all the undead... odd that huh?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 am

Abbie giggled softly when she heard what Logan would be doing right about now, honestly she thought that sounded like a really good plan. Although she didn't have a penthouse she had the top room in her own house, maybe she could go and hide in one of her attic cubbies though, there was no way they would look for her in there, they couldn't even get in there she bet.

"Only farmers are allowed guns in Britain." she stated teasingly "I'll just hide in one of the cupboard hidy holes in my attic room and wait with my large stash of books for warmth, and also handy reading material to pass the time."

When Logan said that he wanted them both to be safe, Abbie blushed softly and she fidgeted with her hair, before she stopped thinking about what that statement could imply. They just both didn't want each other to die, for selfish and non-selfish reasons. They didn't want to be stuck out here alone, and they wanted their weird zombie apocalypse buddy to stay with them.

Already she felt a connection to Logan, like they had been friends for ages, just because of what they had gone through.

"Alright then, I'm coming down!" she whispered, hopping down with Logan into the elevator "I'm just glad there wasn't one already in here, otherwise that would have been pretty scary right?" Abbie laughed, trying to diffuse the scariness of the situation with humour.

That was unsuccessful when the elevator began to plummet.

Screaming, Abbie held onto Logan's arm, hugging herself to his body and closing her eyes tight shut to avoid seeing the oncoming disaster. When it stopped, and she saw two of those infected freaks stop eating their latest victim and come speeding towards the elevator, she screamed again.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 am

Logan had to admit that only farmers having guns sounded like the stupidest idea in the world to him. All the farmers he had ever known had been hicks and/or stupid. Why the hell would they be the only ones with guns? They were the most likely to use them to shoot other people for gods sake! Of course maybe the farmers in Britain were different... less like fucktards with something to prove and more like human beings,

"Well now that sounds like a stupid way to divide the firepower of a country." he teased her a little bit before laughing a bit, "Although the books would make for great reading material they would make much better kindling for fires and such as you say."

He smirked a little bit when she blushed at what he had said. Honestly he hadn't been trying to make himself look good by saying it but he seemed to have managed it if her expression was anything to go by. Logan wanted her to survive for a number of reasons but each and every one of them had urged him to save her ass from whatever came after them,

"Alright then, come on it." he teased her a little bit before nodding with a grin, "Yeah well that was why I went in first. To make sure that you didn't- oh shit!"

The elevator plummeted, coming to a stop at a floor that gave Logan a first sight of the zombies. And they were already rushing towards them with blood curdling screams!

Even as he heaved his pot up to throw it, the elevator dropped down some more, keeping them away from the infected as it landed another five floors down with a massive noise. He groaned a little bit and slowly dragged himself out,

"Abbie... Abbie we're okay don't worry." he assured her before groaning in pain slightly, "Come on... lets see if we can find some good stuff in the maintenance room before we hightail it outa here... come on, I've got you don't worry."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 am

Abbie was currently in complete numb shock, here she was out of her little safe room where these things were going to EAT HER ALIVE. OH god she was so going to die it wasn't even funny, she had done no form of sport when she was back home and she had the stamina of a gnat, less than a gnat maybe a sloth was more accurate.

Sitting in the elevator, just looking at the doors for a few moments she wondered when they would finally open and reveal the scene in front of them, were there going to be more of those things out there or were they going to have a chance to make a break for it out of the hotel.

"Hmmm okay, okay." she whimpered softly and let go of Logan's arm, so he could have some form of circulation back in it before they moved on "Oh god what floor are we even on, lets look outside so we know how many we need to go down to get to the ground floor and get out of here to the beaches."

Clutching her wooden bat leg thing like it was her lifeline, Abbie crawled out of the elevator and looked around, listening intently;

"There doesn't seem to be any around here, but I'll keep an ear out." she whispered.

As she spotted some more bags she knelt down and unzipped them, taking out some money, and useful items like batteries, medical kits and plasters. Even some stray bits of technology like wire and bleach and things. God knows what she would need bleach for, maybe she could blow something up with it who knows. Science was always her brothers bag.

"The maintenance room should be this way, to your right." Abbie murmured, slowly inching her way down the corridor and gasping when she saw the dead bodies piled up at the end of the corridor, placing her hand to her mouth she shook her head, trying to calm herself down from wanting to be sick, they were covered in algae and bloated with water, like they had come from the beach.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:32 am

Logan had never really been into zombie films but even from the very brief encounter he could tell that that wasn't such of a curse. It was more than likely something of a gift... it meant that he didn't have any bad habits just yet. But at the same time it meant that he was going to have a steep fucking learning curve in a world that punished ignorance with death. He swallowed a little bit thickly and pulled the doors to the elevator open enough for them to take a look around.

It was only when she released his arm that he realised the strength she'd used in it. Shaking it slightly, he picked up his pot again and shrugged slightly,

"The display says we're on floor three but... well I'm not sure I trust the display after our 'rapid descent'." he admitted with a slight growl or annoyance before pulling it back in again, "Yeah we shouldn't got towards the beaches until we both have as many weapons as possible with us."

Crawling out after her, he covered her as she began to check through the bags that had been left on the ground by their owners. Dead, undead or just plain gone, he doubted any of the original owners would really care.

Seeing her collecting seemingly random items, he shook his head a bit. Who knew what they might need after all. Maybe the bleach would be what killed off the grime in their clothes? Or maybe he would be able to set it on fire and burn some of those motherfuckers? Either way, they would be useful,

"Alright..." he swallowed a little bit thickly seeing the bodies but began to guide Abbie past them when the screams of infected came from down in the direction they wanted to go. Swearing, Logan pushed Abbie in the opposite direction, "Go! Run the other way! There's a cupboard there! Get inside!"

While she started running, he threw the plant pot, braining one of the infected without a single wasted movement... right before he took off after her. With both of them inside, he closed the door and locked it securely. He sighed and turned to her, fully intent on talking to her, when an infected woman jumped out from behind some boxes and bite deeply into his left shoulder. Roaring in pain, he punched her a few times but went down, the pain from the bite coursing through his vains.
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 am

Abbie cried out in surprise when she heard the screams of the infected humans coming towards her and she didn't know what to do, she was stuck choosing between fighting or fleeing away from them. Eventually she chose to flee with Logan's prompting and completely forgot about the search for weapons, or to continue to look all around her as she turned on her heel and stormed away from the infected as fast as possible.

Fuck she didn't even know she could run this fast!

Flailing her arms and legs slightly about her as she ran, Abbie sped along the corridors, turning back to check on Logan who had just thrown his pot at one of the infected charging towards them;

"Logan come on!" she cried, slowing down a little bit for him to catch up to her, knowing she would help him if the infected got a hold of him "Be careful!"

As soon as they got into the small room down the side of the other corridor, she panted and placed her hands on her knees while Logan locked the door after him, he was the last one in here after all. Sighing softly she was going to laugh and crack a joke about their situation but instead she just screamed out in pain as she was bitten, hard in the thigh and she went down hard.

Kicking out with her other leg she heard a snap and the pressure on her leg lessened as the biting stopped but Abbie was blacking out, her eyes drooping shut and she couldn't quite bring herself to be scared.

Was she dying?
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 am

Logan was bleeding out from the damn bite to his shoulder he just knew it!

But that wasn't what was angering him the most. What was getting him very angry was the fact that the same infected that had bitten him had tried to take a bite out of Abbie's thigh too! When she kicked it off of her he acted, pulling the thing away from her by wrapping his arms around it's head. He screamed when it bite into his forearm but retaliated by savagely twisting, breaking the things neck and... surprisingly killing it.

Huh.

Headshots weren't the only way to kill these things then huh?

Groaning in pain, he was barely aware of the two men who came into the storeroom to help them. He shook his head when they went to grab him first and pointed to Abbie,

"Get her out of here... first..."

He blacked out...

Only to wake up after what seemed like no more than one blink.

With a scared looking doctor telling him to speak or have his head caved in. Instantly, Logan began to talk,

"Jesus H Christ! I'm alive you dumb bastard!" he told the man with a groan as he looked at the bandages on his arm. He paused before stiffening, "Where' Abbie? Abbie? Abbie?! Where are you? Where is she?! What have you done with her?!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

Abbie groaned softly when she felt someone wobbling her around, her head was limp and their rough handling was beginning to make her neck hurt, murmuring indistinctively under her breath seemed to be enough for them to stop shaking her like some bobble head toy and place her back down on the ground.

Was this what it was like to be one of them?

No it couldn't be, she didn't want to eat people, she didn't feel angry and although she was disorientated she could feel herself slowly coming back into consciousness.

Hearing the people talking around her made her focus and she slowly, opened her eyes to see that she was surrounded by some other women, who had probably been the ones shaking her. When they smiled at her though she knew everything was okay, until she remembered the massive bite to her leg and she gasped loudly.

Immediately Abbie sat up and her head swam violently so she flopped back down almost immediately;

"M-my leg..." she muttered softly "Am I...am I going to...?"

"If you were going to be one of those things, it would have happened already, don't worry about it sweetheart. Your friend is fine as well, in fact I can hear him now." one of the older women cooed at her, stroking back her hair softly.

Slower this time Abbie got up out of bed and held onto the wall to support herself, her leg wasn't as strong as it was before but she could walk quiet easily with practice, it had been cleaned, sewed up a little and bandaged which was...really nice.

"Logan?" Abbie called out, looking into the room next to her own, peeking her head around the door "Logan I'm here!" she laughed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck "Oh I was so worried, I thought we were dead for sure." Abbie admitted, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck before springing apart swiftly, twinging her legs as she did so.

"I uhm...I'm happy you're okay." she added, a blush on her cheeks as she rubbed the back of her head, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:07 am

Logan's arm was still in a massive amount of pain simply from the fact that he was pretty sure some of the thing's teeth had hit some important things there. His veins for one thing, he was sure he would have been bleeding out from there. His shoulder, apparently, he been a lot less affected and was barely bandaged though it still hurt like hell. When the doctor muttered about how hard these things were on him, Logan glared at him,

"Try waking up with a lunatic getting ready to crush your skull with a baseball bat." he muttered right back heated before groaning, "And fuck it all... my headache is back in full force. Fucking brilliant..."

When he heard Abbie's voice he immediately sat up in the bed, intent on trying to get out of the bed to see her. Of course his body chose that moment to make him dizzier than he had ever been before and he almost collapsed back onto the bed but remained somewhat upright despite the pressure on his shoulder at the moment. When she wrapped her arms around his neck he was too happy to see her alive and well to comment on how much she was aggravating the wound on his shoulder and causing him a massive amount of pain,

"I'm so glad you're alright Abbie." he told her honestly, quietly, "I'm alright, I'm alright... and more importantly, you're alright too. We're both alright and we've got some new friends to help us out apparently too."

When she sprung away from him he finally let out a breath and the doctor moved over to wipe the excess blood that had sprung up from her pressing against his shoulder wound,

"Likewise Abbie, likewise." he told her before pausing a little bit as he looked around the little wooden shack, "What the hell is causing all that shaking and some swearing too out there?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:16 am

Abbie smiled so wide when she heard Logan talking to her, she didn't think she would ever hear him talking to her again but here he was, and here she was, despite being bitten by that thing in some pretty important areas they were both okay. Although she did hear Logan commenting about his headache, and she saw that his wound didn't have as many bandages as hers did, nor were they that well applied.

When she saw however that after her hug she had been putting pressure on his wound and there was more blood seeping out of it Abbie placed her hands over her mouth and squeaked;

"Oh Logan I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking!" she stated, in horror that she had caused him any extra pain with what she had been doing "Here let me get some things for you."

Wandering back into her room she opened her backpack and pulled out some more bandages and padding, as well as some painkillers and water for his headache. Swiftly Abbie returned and handed the bandages to the Doctor to redress his wound, before she uncapped the water for Logan with a soft smile on her lips.

"Less about that for now, take these and have a sit and then we can go and see what's going on." Abbie stated, a little firmly.

After he had swallowed the tablets and had at least half of the water bottle she had salvaged, Abbie stood up and took out a few more useful things from her bag, before leaving it in the care of the woman who had been looking after her, who would take care of it for her while she went outside to see what was going on.

"We ready to see whats going on, maybe we'll find some weapons this time so we won't get bitten again. I'm not too excited for that to happen any more." Abbie joked softly, picking up a solid paddle before asking, quietly "Are you feeling okay, is your shoulder up for lugging and swinging these around?"

Worrying about her friend, the protests of the others in the shack for them to go outside and help someone called Sinamoi were getting too loud to ignore and so, Abbie smiled softly and placed her hand on the handle to the door;

"Lets go." she stated firmly as she opened the door, and stepped outside.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 am

Logan waved off her concern about his shoulder with a smile. It still didn't hurt too bad and he knew that he could deal with the pain that it was actually causing him because it was not really all that bad. Of course the doctor fussed over him but then again doctors seemed to do that to him anyway despite not actually being all that hurt,

"It's fine Abbie don't worry about it; I barely felt a thing, you're very light." he told her with a grin before chuckling slightly, "Well just some headache tablets and water would be fine with me you know; they're my biggest problems right now so no rush."

Taking the painkillers that she gave him along with the water, Logan sighed a little bit and just sat quietly for a few seconds while he waited for the painkillers to start kicking in. Smirking a little bit, he nodded to her,

"Yeah, lest these fine people have to do it themselves."

And that seemed to be hitting the nail on the head.

None of these people who were calling for the recently conscious newcomers to risk their lives were willing to even look out the door and were planning on closing the doors after them too. Logan honestly thought they were scum for being so willing to let others die for them but unwilling to even pretend to help,

"Yeah let's do this; my arm and shoulder can hold out." he assured her before taking a paddle in his hand. He nodded with a grin, "Let's do this!"

Stepping outside into the noonday sun, Logan swung immediately, caving in the skull of a nearby zombie before bringing it up behind his head before crashing it down on top of another one. Seeing that the only one left within hitting distance to him was the one attacking Sinamoi, he dropped the paddle and picked up a very sharp stick instead before plunging it into the thing's heart from behind. As Sinamoi tried to get his breath back, Logan turned to Abbie,

"Abbie are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 am

Abbie was not looking forwards to fighting these things.

Not at all.

But she had a new found sense of confidence since she had survived the bite of the infected, she wasn't that afraid of them now that she knew she could take some damage and not be damned to turn into one within a few hours or so.

Plus who would she be if she didn't help the person who had just saved her life before? A pretty crappy one she had to admit.

When they stepped outside, Abbie squeaked a little bit as immediately a zombie came charging in from the side and whacked her off of the little platform surrounding the shack onto the sand below. Groaning slightly she heaved herself up and swiftly turned herself onto the zombie that had just barrelled her to the ground, smashing it repeatedly on the legs with the paddle until it was downed, then whacking it once, hard on the head.

Pausing to catch her breath, Abbie turned to help the others with the main group, managing to bring down another zombie, who seemed to be a lot easier to kill than the one that had gone loco on her. Maybe it was because her head was less fuzzed up now.

"Yes, I'm fine no damage done." she reassured with a small smile, squeaking when a zombie behind Logan got up again, but the man Sinamoi had it covered and threw his knife into it "Oh god that was too close for comfort...!" she exclaimed, hopping around the bodies to be closer to Logan.

Now that everything was dead they were ushered back into the shack, but Abbie caught Logans hand for a minute outside, gently tracing over his shoulder;

"Is your arm still okay, I have more bandages...if you need them." she smiled softly, her leg was in a fair amount of pain seeing as she had landed on it before but, it was stitched up so it was only weeping very slightly.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am

Logan could have sworn he had killed that downed zombie but with a thrown knife from the lifeguard they had rescued it didn't matter who killed it anymore, it was dead and that was what mattered. Grinning a little bit, he gave the lifeguard a little fist bump to show a little bit of manly gratitude without having to get all emotional about it all,

"Thanks for the save man." he told Sinamoi before pausing, "Got anymore of those knives? I could really do with some throwing weapons."

When Abbie told him that there was no damage done to her he sighed happily and patted her on top of the head with a little grin,

"Good, I don't think you really want to be bedridden at a time like this." he admitted sheepishly, "It's not exactly the best of times to be immobile."

His shivered a little bit under her soft touch but it wasn't a bad shiver by any extent of the imagination and he just sighed in relief as she stroked him. It relaxed him and he had to admit that he loved it. He nodded a little bit,

"No both my arm and my shoulder are fine." he told her before pausing and asking her quietly, "What about your bite on your leg? Hows that holding up? Need me to carry you back to your bed or something darling?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 am

Abbie pouted when Logan patted her on the head, she didn't think that it was appropriate to pat her on the head because she was not a dog and she was not five years old, but it was still a sweet gesture and she couldn't help but blush softly as he did it anyway. Despite the fact part of her was pouting up a storm because of it.

"Definitely not, I think I would be strapping wooden planks to myself to hobble if all else failed." she laughed softly "I'm just glad we're okay, there are so many things that could have gone wrong, but I'm glad that we're still together through this."

Biting her lip softly, Abbie stated firmly; "I think, if we're going to do something for the group, or for ourselves we should always do it together. I mean...uhm...its just safer and all that. The buddy system you know." she tacked on, hoping that she wouldn't sound either pathetically simpering, or completely cowardly for saying something like that.

As she detected his shiver, Abbie smiled gently, but let her fingertips slide down from his shoulder anyway. Her bite was beginning to ache a little bit but, she was sure that she would be fine, it wasn't anything that she couldn't handle and the doctor had treated it himself so, the stiches weren't about to give out.

Yet, Abbie blushed deeper red when he asked her if he should carry her to bed, and when Logan called her darling, her stomach did flips for entirely more happy reasons.

"Its okay, it's weeping a little bit because one of those things knocked me off the landing onto it before but, the stitches are still fine and the bleeding has stopped pretty much I think." Abbie smiled brightly "We live to fight another day. Lets get inside."

Unsure of whether she should go to hold his hand, Abbie dithered a moment before walking inside without holding it. It would just be too creepy and clingy. So she left it.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 am

Logan had to admit that the chances of him and Abbie being sent out to do things for the group were massively high. After all, they were immune so had less chance of dying apparently. Personally he thought it would be more related to how cowardly the rest of the group was. After all, why did they get the privilege of just sitting around all day being protected and provided for by a select few eh? How was that fair?

When she suggested that if they went out from the group again they should go together, he grinned a little bit and nodded,

"Yeah that sounds like a plan Abbie so the next time we get bullied into going out for something it's date!" he teased her with a sly wink before chuckling a little bit after yawning, "But for no we both need our rest I think."

He was more than a little bit disappointed that he wasn't able to carry her to bed and closed and locked the door securely behind him as he went to talk to Sinamoi before resting up to regain some lost strength.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some vacation huh? (Invite)   Some vacation huh? (Invite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some vacation huh? (Invite)
Page 1 of 1