The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Governor

The Governor

Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Empty
PostSubject: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:43 am

The Governor had few prized possessions since the end of the world but one thing that was very much a prized possession was his boat. Boat would probably be the wrong word for it to be honest. It was a yacht, a smaller one that was propelled by a gas motor, that wasn't massive like those of millionaires. This was a good thing as it meant that it could be used on the river.

He and his citizens and guards had spent a lot of time digging out a canal to the nearest river to Woodbury, just half a mile down from the outer most wall. The walls, and Woodbury itself, had expanded until it's walls reached the edge of the river, allowing a gate to be set up where the canal reached the river, so no Walkers under the water might get in.

It turned out though that Walkers hated water so there was no danger of them lurking underneath it.

But back to the yacht.

He had arranged a little surprise for Aubrey on the river and he was anxious to show it to her. Waiting on the yacht for her, he set up a table with the wine bottles in a little ice pot (with no ice unfortunately), glasses and two covered dishes. He was dressed in a suit that he had managed to salvage from one of the clothing stores in the area and was currently fiddling with his tie to get it as straight as possible.

He wanted to look his best for his First Lady, his Queen.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:35 am

Aubrey, once again was surprised when she had been told that the Governor was having another of his 'events' for her. Honestly she had never given the impression that she needed these events to keep her interested in him but, it was sweet that he liked to perform them just to make her happy. It made her think that she was someone worth lavishing all of this affection on, but really, Aubrey was never happier than curled up in Philip's arms reading a book with him.

Although now she had those flutterbyes in her stomach again and she was wondering what it was that he had in store for her, what it was this time that was going to surpass everything that she would have thought possible to create for this time and these circumstances.

As Aubrey walked towards the new canal that they had built, which seemed a rather odd idea at the time to her but now, was beginning to make more sense, she smoothed out her white sundress that she had worn before but - a girl just couldn't get new clothes like she could have done in the past. Sighing happily in the warm night air she turned her gaze to the stars, they were vast and beautiful, a reminder of light in these darkened times.

Approaching the canal, Aubrey was surprised to find that Philip had his own boat. Unable to stop herself blinking in shock, Aubrey smiled brightly as she approached the boat, cautiously stepping onto it so that she could give her love a large hug.

"Philip!" Aubrey exclaimed happily "What a surprise! I never knew that you had a boat...nor that you had a suit. It fits you very well. I'm only sorry I didn't come more dressed for the occasion now..."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 am

The Governor heard his name, his real name, being shouted and he knew that it was Aubrey arriving to meet up with him. He would have recognised that it was her even if he hadn't have recognised her voice. She was the only one who knew his name (only a handful of people did) and actually used it. Smiling to her, he wrapped his arms around her in a massive hug to return the one she had given to him so happily upon her embarking onto the yacht,

"Aubrey my dear." he whispered quietly, lovingly, into her ear before chuckling a little bit, "The yacht we picked up down the river. We thought it a waste to just leave it there and this way we can use boats to trade... if there are any other settlements of course. As for the suit and being underdressed..."

He took off the suit jacket and threw it inside the captain's cabin at the top of the yacht where one of his guards was the acting captain. Returning to the front area to Aubrey, he grinned a little bit as the yacht began to make its way out onto the river. Smiling happily, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and took her over to the table,

"Madam would you care for a glass of wine?" he asked her with a smile before chuckling and taking the cover off one platter to reveal a selection of 'nibble food', including some 'popcorn chicken' and various tapas foods that the wife of one of his Mexican guards had made for them, "Food is here as well if you'd like to try."

He winked at her as he poured both of them a glass of wine,

"The best part of the trip is a little way out after all."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 am

Aubrey was still puzzling herself about what this thing was about, there definitely wasn't anything going on that she should have known about, nothing that anyone else had hinted at either. So that meant that it had to be something to do with either herself, or them as a couple, and it made her brain overheat almost she was so ingrossed in her thoughts.

The loving whisper that Philip gave to her made her heart hammer softly and she slipped her hand into his own, wanting to feel his warm skin against hers.

"Philip..." she whispered back breathlessly "Well thank you, now I think we might both be more comfortable, although, you might have to get that jacket back later on." Aubrey purred, with a cheeky little wink.

Moving with him to the table that he had set out, Aubrey's eyes lit up with happiness as she saw that he had brought some rather delicious food, it was rather sweet that he kept thinking about her like this, and it certainly was one of the perks of being the Governor to get all of those little extras that others wouldn't.

"I would love a glass of wine." Aubrey answered with a soft voice, sitting down on one of the chairs "It all looks so lovely, and it smells great, you know I wish you would tell me when these surprises are going to happen, maybe then I can bring some food of my own." she teased lightly.

Taking the glass of wine she took a little sip before pouting; "Awwww so you aren't going to give me a little hint where were going?"
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 am

The Governor grinned a little bit when she took his hand and even more when she said that he might have to get the jacket back in the future. Seemed that she was someone who followed the rule. Every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man. He chuckled a little bit and enjoyed watching the scenery begin to slowly roll by as the yacht moved almost silently across the length of the river towards their destination,

"Whatever you desire my queen." he told her with a wink of his own before smirking a little bit, "But for now I believe less clothing is better. It is a very warm night after all, we don't want to be stifling."

He was glad that she seemed to like the array of tapas foods that had been prepared for them by the Hispanic woman. Gloria he believed her name was. He would have to remember to have some of the guards give her family something nice for her trouble. He handed her a glass of wine and tapped it gently with his own,

"And I would have you surprised with each event so I'm afraid I won't be warning you in advance." he told her with a little wink before smirking a little bit before nodding towards the front of the boat, "Here we're coming up on the first little surprise for you my dear..."

On the side of the river was a billboard, once used to advertise things to the river users. It was still advertising something now but rather than the latest perfume or anything like this, it was a billboard dedicated to Woodbury. It was simple in it's message. It simply pointed in the direction of Woodbury and said it was half a mile down the river and that all were welcome. But it was the graphics on the billboard that caught the attention.

There, immortalised in what was obviously a painting made by an incredibly gifted artist, was Aubrey.

Aubrey was painted on the billboard, looking as beautiful as she was when she was standing right beside him. Her blue hair was caught in a breeze, as was the bottom of the flowing dress she was wearing. She had a silver tiara on her head as she looked forwards, chin tilted upwards slightly, with a soft and warm smile on her face. The Governor read out the line written beneath the painting itself,

"Home to the Blue Queen."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 am

Aubrey was still getting used to being called 'queen' she didn't think that she really deserved to be called 'Queen' because she had done nothing of note. Nothing that would merit her being a ruler of a country, even a ruler of Woodbury, honestly she was sure that all of the women of their home were more than likely planning a Lynch Mob for her this very moment.

Pouting playfully again Aubrey picked up one of the spicy potatoes and popped it in her mouth with a small hum of happiness. It tasted delicious. But it didn't make her forget about the meaness of the Governor with him keeping his surprises!

"Oooooooh well maybe I'll show you one of these days and take you on a surprise so you won't have anything planned either." she teased, poking her tongue out before grinning and immediately leaning forwards to look at the front of the boat better "Well that was faster than I thought! I can't wait to see what it is."

As soon as she saw the surprise, Aubrey blinked up at it. Well it certainly was surprising. A blush appeared on her cheeks and she tried not to think that it was a massively airbrushed version of herself, maybe it really was the way that the Governor saw her? He really thought she would be the best advertisement for Woodbury?

"Oh Philip." Aubrey gasped softly "It is so...so suprising! How on earth did you manage to do something like that? I honestly would never have expected anything like that...do you really think it was wise to put me on the advertisement though, I'm hardly the best thing about Woodbury." she muttered with a shy blush.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 am

The Governor couldn't help but chuckle as she pouted a little bit at his insistence that he keep his surprises... well, surprising. He couldn't help but find it rather amusing and in the end he shook his head in mild amusement at her little pout. Taking a bite out of one of the tapas dishes, The Governor hummed a little bit as he enjoyed the spiced meat of the sausage that he been cooked off for the two of them to enjoy. He smirked playfully,

"You're more than welcome to try and catch me without something planned." he teased her with a wink, "I'm sure I'll have something prepared and waiting for just such an occasion. Of course... It wouldn't do for it to be too far away from Woodbury after all."

He watched anxiously as he waited for her reaction to his first surprise. Of course his heart jumped into his throat when it seemed that she didn't like it. But she seemed to at least like it a little bit, it was her self-depreciation that seemed to have her disagreeing with his surprise. He smiled wider,

"We have a marvellous painter at Woodbury..." he told her honestly before tilting her head up by her chin until she was looking at him, "You are the most beautiful and inspiring thing in this world to me... what better to guide people to safety and security than the vision of a blue-haired angel such as yourself my dear?"

He paused for a moment before smirking,

"But do not worry, the next surprise is much more private."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:47 am

Aubrey was more than a little bit upset that she wouldn't be able to surprise Philip, but it just made her all the more determined to actually do it! She would surprise him and when she did it would be the culmination of her new life goal, nothing would beat that feeling. Maybe she should lure him out on a date and tell him something uber surprising?! But then again...he knew most things about her now, and she didn't want to lie.

"Awwwww you never let me have any fun Philip." she sighed dramatically throwing her hand over her brow as she acted, of course, she didn't really mind, Philip was in a far better place to organise things than she was having none of his connections "I can't surprise you even once?"

Now, with her eyes fixed on Philip's unwavering honest gaze, Aubrey felt herself flushing with embarrassment as he told her that she was the most beautiful thing to him, but also the most inspiring thing. It was nothing like anyone had ever said or did for her, so, why couldn't she just accept that what he said was right?

"I guess...when you put it that way." Aubrey mumbled, her blush still ever present on her cheeks "It's just such a huge compliment, I never expected anything like it, I think I might be in a little bit of shock from it still, it was a huge surprise for me after all."

Hearing that the next surprise was more private Aubrey found herself being put off her food, she couldn't eat she was too excited! Taking a sip of her wine she took some more of the chicken and smiled gently; "I am still trying to figure out what it might be, it seems to be something ten times the thing I think of in the first place...maybe I should just give up?" Aubrey grinned.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 am

The Governor could tell that although he had just told her that he would always have a surprise waiting for her, she seemed to believe that she would always be able to out-surprise him if she planned something. He honestly hoped that she was right if he was entirely honest with himself. After the time they had spent together he was looking forward to seeing if there were things about her that he still did not know, things she could surprise him with,

"Oh I disagree! I believe that we do lots of fun things together don't we?" he teased her a little bit before humming a little bit. Trying to look serious for a moment, he gave up and instead just smirked, "I'm sure that you can surprise me once or twice. I'm not saying you can't... just that I'm sure I'll always have a little surprise waiting in return."

He could see that she was blushing more and more and he took that to mean that his primary goal of flattering her and letting her know how he saw her was actually a success. Grinning a little bit, he smirked a little bit at her as he winked at her,

"Well you should expect compliments of this magnitude from me you know." he told her with a bright smile, "Because this is how I see you and it's how I shall refer to you... with grand gestures that show how beautiful and amazing you are to me."

The Governor remained silent on the matter of the last surprise even as the yacht slowed down and docked with a securely floating square 'island' made from metal and wood. Helping her to disembark onto the little stage, he gestured at a simple stereo and a switch,

"This is the last surprise." he told her with a wink as he turned on the radio. Soft music began to play as he flicked the switch next to the stereo. Immediately light circles the man-made island... from below. On the riverbed were dozens of lights that made the little stage glow slightly. Smiling, he held out his hand and took the frame for a simple waltz as he began to dance with her beneath the stars, the waters of the river glowing for them, "I wanted to dance with you... but make it... unique..."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:25 am

Aubrey smiled softly, she didn't think that she wanted or needed all of these grand gestures, to be honest she wasn't used to them and she wasn't sure that she ever was going to be used to them. Although, she was happy that she would be able to have the opportunity to try, Philip was just so giving that she couldn't possibly dampen his spirits by refusing him, he gave such wonderful gifts after all.

"I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it." she smiled gently "I just never thought that someone would do such grand things for me, and now that someone is I just...it's all a bit overwhelming. It makes me want to overwhelm you in return."

Yet more surprises! Aubrey thought to herself as the boat stopped and they came off it onto some sort of little wooden island she could have sworn wasn't on the river beforehand. Blushing softly when the radio turned on and there was that sweet music swooping through the river and the surrounding area Aubrey got into the frame for the dance without fully realising it. It was like she was moving along in a daze.

The beautiful lights took her breath away and Aubrey bit her lip, holding herself closer to Philip and unable to fully articulate how wonderful this whole situation was.

"Oh Philip, its...its just so beautiful." she whispered bewildered "How did you ever...make something like this? You made this just to dance with me?" Aubrey asked, totally and utterly unbelieving "Well I would happily dance with you until the sun rises in such a beautiful place."

Softly she placed a kiss on his lips, it was a sweet kiss, one that spoke of all that she wished she could do for Philip, but was without the means to; "I love you, Philip, King of my Heart." Aubrey whispered gently against his lips, even as she swayed in time to the music.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:46 am

The Governor felt warm inside his chest when she said that she wanted to overwhelm him in return for the attention he was lavishing upon her with such enthusiasm. He was, naturally, not opposed to being treated like that but he wanted to make sure that she realised that he would still be treating her to things like this. He smiled back at her tenderly,

"I just want to try and express just how much you mean to me... and words fail me." he admitted to her quietly before blushing a little bit at what she said, "You overwhelm me with the fact that you love me in the way that you do..."

He could tell that all of these surprises were beginning to overwhelm the poor girl and he was suddenly rather glad that he hadn't gone with the theatrical way of asking the next question he wanted to ask her. Holding her tightly to her in the dance, they glided across the little island,

"I had some help with some of our friends in Woodbury but I insisted that I did a lot of work... I used to be quite good at electrics after all." he admitted with a little grin before it melted into a soft smile, "You certainly know what to day to me Aubrey... my Queen. I might be King of your heart but... I want to be something more..."

Stopping them in the middle of their dance, he slowly sank down onto one knee and took a box out of his pocket. Opening it up, he revealed a sparkling diamond and white gold engagement ring,

"Will you be my advisor, my confidant, my Queen... my wife...?" he asked her, licking his lips nervously, "Will you, Aubrey Kipling, marry me?"

((Ring))
Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Import-14kt_white_gold_diamond_unique_engagement_ring_wedding_ring_ADLR211-486398b95bb7096c747720e6d9b52183
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am

Aubrey was just enjoying dancing here with Philip, it was so sweet of him to put this much effort into this evening and she was enjoying the soft music, the isolation with it just being them out here, nobody to interrupt them, nobody to be catty or mean to her about being here like this with the Governor. It was just them here, just them and their love for each other.

Moving in time with Philip's steps, Aubrey hummed happily to herself, just revelling in being in the soft warmth of his arms, the safety that they provided never seemed like it was going to end. Merely deciding to keep quiet while Philip spoke about himself being good at electrics, Aubrey didn't think that it was a good topic for something so romantic that they were embarking upon.

"Something more?" Aubrey echoed as she moved her head from laying on his chest, looking up at Philip with a rather confused expression, to her, he already had everything that she could give him, he had her love, her heart.

Unable to stop her mouth from popping open when Philip dropped to one knee, Aubrey stared at him as he uttered those words, those words that she had thought he might speak to her some day but...but she had never thought that day would be today. A large grin broke on her face, a bright beaming smile that felt like it was going to split her face in two.

"Of course!" she laughed happily "Of course I will marry you Philip! I want to be your wife more than anything in the world."

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Aubrey kissed Philip softly, her hand gently pressing against the back of his head as she did so. Breaking away slowly she smiled again, unable to wipe it from her lips.

"Oh I'm so happy!" Aubrey giggled.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:07 am

The Governor had never been happier than when he was with Aubrey in a setting like this. Away from his official capacity of Governor in Woodbury. He enjoyed being with her then too but it was so much more to be with her privately like this. It was something that made him feel a type of peace that he had never really felt before.

Even before all the Walkers showed up he had been a restless soul. He had been married and he had Penny for a daughter but neither of them had ever brought him the kind of peaceful, calm, happiness that Aubrey brought him. She was the one who quelled the swirling emotions of his heart and the tumultuous thoughts that rattled around in his head. She was the one who replaced them with nothing but love and thoughts of her.

He wanted to be able to feel that way everyday, and give her the same feeling, for the rest of their lives.

He could see that it was a little bit of a shock that he was proposing to her like this but he hoped that that was a good thing. After all, he was just trying to be as romantic as he could. People tended to agree that women loved it more when the proposal was done in a romantic setting. He blushed a little bit when she answered. A bright smile broke its way out onto his face and he was unable to control it in the slightest, it was just too powerful,

"You've made me the happiest man in the world Aubrey!" he told her as he beamed up at her, "I will dedicate my life to you and making you happy my love... my wife!"

He kissed her back just as softly before smiling goofily and taking her hand. Gently, he eased the engagement ring onto her ring finger and finally stood up, stilling grinning like a loon and holding her hand,

"Me too Aubrey!" he agreed before nodding to the ring, "I hope... I hope I picked out a good design."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)   Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smooth Sailing (Governor and Aubrey)
Page 1 of 1