The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Empty
PostSubject: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am

Logan had forgotten how long he had been down here in the Hole with the other Holers.

All he remembered now was an eternity of sleeping lightly, his back against a wall and his small dagger clutched tightly in his hands. Waiting to be attacked in his sleep as he had seen happen to some other Holers.

Even now he could see the way that they were looking at him.

All of them seemed to hate him other than an old whore and a simpleton named Gnasher, who had sharpened teeth which he had used to kill two Holers who had tried to attack Logan in his sleep.

But down here he wasn't Logan Gyre because Logan Gyre would be hauled upstairs and executed quickly.

Down here... he was King and nothing more.

Down here he was becoming a beast in order to survive his time with beastly people.
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 am

Faylinn was not at all happy.

Right now she was falling, free falling might she add, towards the bottom of a large hole. It seemed bottomless if she was honest with herself as the light was dwindling the further down she got in her fall. The torches at the top were strong but the hole was quite deep, and therefore it was nothing more than a glow by the time she was reaching the bottom.

She could see the bottom now which was good.

What was not good was that she could see that there were other people here, and they were most likely here for bad reasons as opposed to herself. She had simply said the wrong thing in the wrong way and had been punished for it.

Landing with an unhappy 'Oomph!' Faylinn stood up and rubbed at her bottom, which she had fallen on rather unceremoniously. Immediately she noticed there were people getting up, with weapons, and attempting to circle her...this gave her a bad vibe. A very bad vibe. Getting into a fighting stance, Faylinn thanked Oberon that there had been some readings of vegetation in here, of nature she could manipulate if needed.

There was always her alter form if she required it;

"Stay back." she growled, her teeth sharpening of their own will, as her fingers sharpened into talons slowly, in case she needed to give someone a serious scratch.
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:23 am

Logan looked up when he heard the guards nearing the top of the hole before standing up quickly when they heard someone falling. Holding his knife tightly, he nodded to Gnasher, who grinned stupidly at him. But he knew the giant had gotten his little message. Namely that he was to protect Logan and, if the person survived, the new arrival as well.

This was how King got his allies in the Hole... by protecting them when they first arrived and not immediately eating them like he knew a lot of others would do.

As soon as the woman hit the ground thirteen Holers ran towards her, Logan and Gnasher included. One of them, a hated rival of Logan's, threw a rope made of human sinews and it managed to wrap around her arms. Arriving at her side first through, Logan cut the rope from her with one swipe and knelt protectively near her as he looked at the other Holers, all of whom had stopped at seeing the newbie looking rather dangerous and King protecting her.

Logan nodded to Gnasher and the large simpleton roared, a massive sound that echoed through the Hole. Logan scowled,

"Back off you shit-eating fuckers!" He growled angrily, imposingly, "She is under my protection!"

The other Holers backed off and Logan helped the woman back to his side of the Hole, wary of sneak attacks. He gestured to the wall,

"Sit with your back to the wall otherwise they'll sneak up on you." he advised her as he did the same, stabbing his knife into the soft mud of the ground, "The big guy is Gnasher... he doesn't speak. I... I am King. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 am

Faylinn growled loudly when one of the people threw a rope...that looked as if it was made from human parts around her body and she swore to Oberon that this Godking would pay for having her put in this position she would rend his flesh from his bones and her father would kill his precious goddess while she was at it.

She was almost dead because of this guy, and she was not going to take this lightly.

In fact if it wasn't for the two people coming over to help her, Faylinn was sure he would have taken a chunk out of her arm the way he was looking at her. Blinking as two men came over to her protection Faylinn grinned and clapped happily, she was glad that there was someone here she had to stick up for her.

Walking towards the section of the wall that the men lead her to, Faylinn gathered her dress so it wouldn't get muddy and leant against the wall.

"Hi Gnasher!" she chirped in greeting, her voice unnecessarily happy given her situation "Hello to you too King, I am Faylinn, very pleased to meet you. Thank you for helping me out back there, it wasn't very nice of them to throw me down this hole." she sighed, picking a leaf off her clothes "But its not the end of the world."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:40 am

Logan had to admit that Faylinn was a lot different to anyone else down here in the Hole from the looks of things. For starters she was wearing a dress than had leaves and other bits of plant-life on it. He wouldn't be surprised if they were actually growing along it... it was definitely strange. But she seemed to be at least somewhat ready to fight and she was responsive to Gnasher and himself.

Gnasher made some happy little groaning sounds with a massive, fang-filled, grin.

Apparently Gnasher liked her and that was odd seeing as Gnasher didn't like anyone other than Logan before this. Well he couldn't be the only one who was able to get through to the big guy so that made sense.

He nodded to her,

"I'm guessing that's your real name." He commented with a small smile, "Pretty name... don't use it again in here okay? The guards will find your family and friends and taunt you about them. It's not pretty."

When she just seemed so... calm about it all he frowned a little bit,

"Not the end of the world huh? Not very nice?" He shook his head, "Take a look around Fay... they've stuffed you in a pit full of murderers, rapists and other assorted scum. The guards will... relieve themselves over the edge and aim for you. The only food you get is a pissed on piece of bread they throw in once a week... or whatever poor bastard gets his neck broken by the fall."

He sighed a little bit and rubbed at his eyes,

"Sorry... it's just been a long time for me down here."
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:51 am

Faylinn smiled happily at the man known as Gnasher, he seemed like a sweet soul to those people who were sweet to him and seeing as Faylinn was mostly nice to everyone she shouldn't have a problem there. Besides he had saved her and so she was going to try and repay the favour he had given her when she had first gotten down into this place.

Nodding her head she blinked a little bit and looked up at the guards, to be honest she didn't think that they were very nice people if they were going to say things like that to her but, seeing as nobody knew a thing about her and thought that she was mad for saying who she really was...they didn't really have much to go on.

"They will have to search pretty hard and leave their ignorance at the door to find anything out about my real family and friends." she stated with a soft smile "I don't think they're capable of either of those things." Faylinn mocked with a little grin, poking her tongue out slightly.

The tone that King spoke to her in made Faylinn frown right back at him, she supposed for a human with no magic the hole was a death sentence but she had magic, and organic magic at that. None of this talent that things were warded against just plain old, amazing magic that she would use to get out if she wasn't able to transform fully.

"I'm sorry that they put both of you down here." she murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear "But now that I am here I can do my best to help you if you want me to, I can try and get some food although it will only be vegetables or fruit I'm afraid."

Looking at King she placed a hand on his shoulder;

"How long have you been here, King?" she cooed softly.
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 am

Logan raised an eyebrow at that. She seemed pretty sure that they would never be able to find any of her friends or family. If she wanted to believe it then he wouldn't say anything against it. He didn't know though, maybe it was true? Maybe she had family and friends in the sa'kage? He imagined they'd still be well hidden despite the invasion and, what he assumed, was the on-going occupation.

"Well lucky you. They don't know my real name... but something tells me that my family and friends are long dead." he told her with a faint, fake smile, "But you're right, they probably lack the high brain functions needed."

He shook his head a little bit and picked up his dagger again, sending a glare across the length of the wall to a Holer who had been edging closer to him along the wall. The man flinched before scuttling back to his regular sitting place,

"Well Gnasher was a mass murderer... killed thirty two people." he told her with a small smile, "Nice guy compared to all the other people in here though. Me... I think... I think the closest thing I could be charged with might be Assisting in Regicide."

He blinked a few times,

"That'd be some kind of miracle but I'd gladly accept that."

He paused before shrugging,

"No way to tell the time in here." he told her before humming, "How long since the Khalidorian invasion? About six months by my terrible time-keeping..."
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 am

Faylinn was more than a little sad to think that the family of this kind man had died, of course many of her own family were dead however it was still sad to see that a plight had occured to a new friend when it probably needn't have happened. Probably this occurred when the Khalidorian's invaded the city and took over.

She imagined they would have been far from kind.

"There's no need to think like that." Faylinn smiled softly, squeezing his arm in a reassuring manner "They might still be alive there is always hope about that."

Opening her mouth in shock she looked up at Gnasher and was more than a little bit shocked, he had seemed so nice! Although it went to show that you couldn't judge a book by its cover. The thing that King was in for however didn't really seem to be that serious, not compared to everyone else down here. If he even had to be charged with a crime at all in his words.

"I'm down here because I think that guy in charge up there thinks I'm crazy." she sighed "I'm not crazy, just because he doesn't believe me."

As she placed her finger over her lips in a shushing gesture, Faylinn took a small leaf in her hand, and manipulated the leaf to turn into two, albeit small apples. It was a small leaf she couldn't work miracles!

"Here, one for you King, and one for you." she grinned, passing one to King and one to Gnasher "Enjoy them. I think it's been about 9 months since this land was invaded, my senses of human time are a bit iffy though so."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 am

Logan smiled at her. She was trying to comfort him and he appreciated that, really he did, but the problem was he knew that the people he cared about were dead. He had seen at least three of them die the night he jumped into the Hole and he knew his mother and father to be dead before then. Of course his father had died much later than his mother...

At the hands of a wetboy.

"I appreciate the sentiment but it's not a feeling I have." He told her with a fake smile, "I know that at least five of them are dead... and I don't have a large social circle."

Gnasher grinned stupidly back at Faylinn and Logan smiled a little bit, giving the bigger man a scratch behind the ears. Like a massive dog, the bigger man made a happy groan and leant his head into Logan's fingers. Chuckling a little bit, he shook his head,

"I have no idea why... you think the Hole isn't too bad." He teased her slightly, "There are many reasons why they call this place Hell's Asshole you know... but I don't think you're mad either. Osmond over there is mad..."

He pointed to a black man who was currently drawing on the walls with what looked like mud. But Logan knew very well it wasn't mud.

He blinked a few times before taking the apple gently from her, as if afraid it might disappear. His large hand covered it completely so he didn't need to hide it in anyway. Looking at it for a few moments, he held it close and breathed in the fresh scent. Sighing happily, as his nose delighted in picking up something other than sulphur, he took a bite out of the apple and chewed slowly before swallowing,

"I... I haven't seen a piece of fruit in so long. I never knew something... anything... could be so juicy." he told her with a small grin that slowly fell from his face at hearing how long she thought he had been down here, "Dear gods... nine months down here... nine months of my country being forced to endure their presence..."
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:49 am

TIME SKIP

Faylinn had been enjoying talking with King and having some time to be around Gnasher as well and she knew that she was going to get both of them out of this god awful hole tonight, when she was leaving because she could not actually leave them here and be able to live with herself afterwards. It had taken her a good long while to think about how she was going to do this.

Biting her lip she wondered if she was going to be able to do this, if she could carry two grown men and she thought it was going to be a bit of a stretch but she was going to have to try. They had both helped her after all and Gnasher would probably be next on the lunch list if she didn't get him out as well.

Now all she had to do, was let them know that she was going to get them out.

Gently she nudged King from the side to get him to wake up from his daze, many of the people around were asleep now and she felt it was safe to tell him that they were going to be getting out of here tonight. As soon as the guards left to change over.

"King." she whispered softly "I'm leaving, and I'm taking you two with me...so get everything you need, you said the guards change in 5 minutes, as soon as they leave, I'm going."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 am

Logan was having another little 'sleep'... which basically meant he was trying to get some rest while keeping one eye open and trying not to actually fall asleep since the last time he had done that he had woken up screaming from a nightmare and cost the Holers their allowance of bread for a month because it had annoyed the guards.

So when someone nudged him he immediately went into high alert, surging up to meet the person who had touched him, dagger held tightly in his right hand. Seeing who it was though he stiffened before he slowly relaxed,

"Sorry..." He muttered, "Force of habit I guess..."

When she outlined her plan of escape he hummed a little bit before scratching Gnasher behind the ears to wake the massive man up without getting his hand literally chewed on by the man's filed teeth. He nodded a little bit to himself,

"Yeah they should change in about five..." He admitted before humming slightly, "How do we actually do this?"

He paused and glanced around at the other, resting, Holers,

"And how do we make sure that they don't stop us?"
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:09 am

Faylinn hummed when she was asked how they were going to escape, and how they were going to stop the other members of the hole from stopping them or tagging along with them. Faylinn thought that this might have been tricky, but she had a good plan to stop them coming after them, which involved the already very real threat of the dragon combined with the measures she was going to be putting in place to stop them from following.

"We're going to have a conversation with a dragon." she grinned "Follow me."

Looking up she saw the guards moving away from the side of the hole, and now she took her chance to move with herself in the front, Gnasher in the middle and King following up in the rear. She was making her way towards the little cavern at the end of the hole, which lead to the cave where the dragon and the underground lake was.

As soon as they all reached the entrance to the cave, Faylinn gently pushed the two boys inside and soundlessly closed up the entrance with a thick covering of vines, nobody would be getting through that any time soon that was for sure.

"That should keep them out for now, and more than that, it'll keep them from following us and making me mess this up, my dragonese is a little out of practice."

Faylinn slowly approached the cave which held the dragon, holding her hands up in the air as a sign that she didn't mean any harm, before addressing the cave, waiting for the dragon to appear;

"Sir Dragon, I am here to speak as a friend to you." she began, waiting for the dragon to appear "I am Faylinn, Daughter of Aramis, King of the Woods. I have been brought to this prison unjustly, with my fellow comrades, and we would ask for directions out of this place."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 am

Logan had heard some weird things in his time. He had seen some even stranger things but to be honest dragons were a stretch. There were old stories about dragons, sure, but he never believed that they would actually be real. There had never been any evidence to even suggest that one might exist after all.

"Alright..." he muttered a little bit with a bemused expression, "As long as we escape I'm past caring what we have to go through..."

Making their way down the hole, Logan was thankful for Faylinn's magic. He didn't want any of the other Holers trying to sabotage their escape now did he? As soon as they reached the bottom of the second hole they were standing in water that came up to their ankles and it was clear, from the very, very, little light that the water got suddenly deeper only a few steps forwards,

"I don't think they'd want to follow us if they knew what we were doing down here." he admitted with a small frown as he clutched his dagger tighter. Gnasher clung to Logan tightly and whimpered. Logan sighed a little bit, "And Gnasher is afraid of the dark it seems..."

It was took dark to see anything but Logan could hear... something, moving through the water. And whatever it was, it sounded large. Then he could see something, the only thing visible in front of them. A pair of yellow eyes, each the size of Logan's head if he had to guess,

"Daughter of Aramis..." a voice echoed through the little water-filled chamber, "You are far from home... finally, some conversation. I shall take you through to another chamber, away from the prison... if you can answer me a riddle. I shall ask each of you a riddle... do you accept, sprite?"
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:34 am

Faylinn allowed the water to gently flow around her ankles, loving the fact that it was cleaning her feet that were covered in mud and god knows what else from being stuck in the hole for the best part of a day. Her dress was mostly spared however, and she was glad of it, she didn't want to be smelling the rest of the day. The bareness of her feet allowed her to be in tune much more with nature, and the beings there in.

"I think that some of them are even beginning to like it down there." she pouted "It's a very strange thing to see, people using ropes made out of human bits but...I guess it is natures way."

Smiling softly, Faylinn picked another leaf up off her clothing and concentrated for a small moment, before it transformed into a form of glowing rock, it was the type you would find in the exotic reefs in the ocean however she was hoping it would help Gnasher feel better. Pressing it into his hand she grinned;

"See, now you can have some light with you." she stated with a gentle smile "We wont be much longer I promise."

The dragon race was a proud one and she wanted to make sure she showed the proper respects, and Faylinn bowed to the dragon when he appeared.

"I am indeed far from home, and glad to be on my way back to it. We have found our place in this war of the humans." she was eager to accept the dragon's challenge but she did have one request to make to alter it "One of our companions, Gnasher is mute and not able to understand intellect properly, I would ask that you give an extra riddle to myself in his stead."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 am

Logan shook his head a little bit. Some of the Holers were indeed liking what the Hole had done to them and, strangely enough... he was one of them. Before he had jumped into the Hole he had been a soft man. Sure, he had a massive intellect and could strategize with the best but he was ever reluctant to use his powerful body for violence of any kind. He had been uneasy and unwilling to assume command over anyone.

But now... The Hole had changed him. He was Logan but he was also King and King was not above using violence and assuming control of others,

"They like what the Hole gives them." he told her with a small shrug, "It changes them... some people like the change. I like how it changed me... it's made me stronger."

Thankfully Gnasher decided that the glowing rock was good enough and let go of Logan before he could crush his arms or something. He nodded slightly,

"He likes it."

The eyes were... unnerving to say the least. Any light given by the rock disappeared before it reached the water's edge. It was almost like it drank in light to absorb it. So the dragon's yellow eyes were the only thing he could hear,

"This sounds like a bad idea..." he whispered to Faylinn, "He's obviously not in a very forgiving mood..."

The dragon growled heavily at Faylinn, eyes narrowed,

"The deal was for one riddle per person..." it hissed angrily before it spoke again, "You may have two riddles. The other male will have two also... and will have to be last to be transported across."

The eyes fully opened again,

"Give me food and I shall live... give me water and I shall die." it hissed, "What am I?"

It continued,

"The man who invents it does not want it... The man who bought it does not need it..." it lowered the volume, "The man who needs it does not know it... what is it?"
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 am

Faylinn although she was glad to be talking to King was a little bit more concerned about getting them all out of here and she wanted very badly to be able to answer the riddles as quickly as possible to get out of this dark hole.

"The only thing that the hole is going to change about myself is my clothing." Faylinn quipped with a cheeky smile on her lips, trying to release some of the tension in the cave because it was practically pulsing off the walls.

She hated the dark as a creature of light and her spent more than enough of today in the dark.

Yet she did not want to offend the dragon by asking it to speed up in its speech and therefore she merely took big breaths to calm herself and waited for him to tell her the riddles swiftly.

The riddles were actually quite good but as a creature of some age she had heard some like them before and she hummed gently. Although she was quite sure of the answers she wanted to make sure there was no doubt at all, she didn't want to ruin their chances of getting across the lake because of some childish error.

"The answer to the first riddle, is fire." she stated with a soft smile on her lips "I believe that the answer to the second riddle is a coffin."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 am

Logan had to admit that he found it refreshing that Faylinn was unaffected by the Hole. And he wished he could say the same but he wasn't about to lie to himself. Shaking his head a little bit, he decided not to reply. What was there really to say? To disagree with her? To give his own version of what had happened? No...

Somethings were better left unsaid and the things he had to do to survive the Hole fell into that category very nicely.

The dragon growled slightly, almost as if it were angry, and Logan gripped his knife tighter a moment... before a deep, rumbling, laugh echoed through the chamber,

"Too easy on you daughter of the forest..." it muttered, "Now... hold your breath. Count to twenty. Do not scream, you will only drown."

A thick tail snuck out of the water, wrapped around Faylinn and pulled her under the water. Logan roared in anger,

"NO!" He shouted in rage before gritting his teeth, "That thing better have taken her somewhere safe..."

Said dragon deposited Faylinn on the shoreline of a small speck of land with a ladder next to it,

"I shall return with your friends if they succeed..." it hiss as it sank back under, "Or return with a full stomach to have you as dessert..."

It took another ten minutes before Logan and Gnasher were flung through the air towards the ladder. Gnasher was alright but Logan had what looked like green slime all over his right arm in what looked like a dragon pattern,

"Oh gods!" He roared in pain, moaning and bucking, "Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck! Gods it hurts! It burns Faylinn! Help me... please! AH!"
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 am

Faylinn giggled happily when she heard the dragon say that he had been far too easy on her, to be honest she could have handled some harder riddles but she was sure that her father, after losing his last child would not have spared the dragon its life and it was better to just let her pass on her way out of this horrible place.

Her dad in a bad mood was not something that you wanted to see.

Holding her breath she enjoyed the sensation of the water rushing against her body, it was like nothing she had ever felt before and after the long time in the hole it was so refreshing to be able to enjoy that coldness, that clean feeling across her skin.

"Thank you, my dear dragon for your help." she smiled gently, bowing again as it placed her on the shoreline "I should hope this once that your stomach remains unfilled, I need my guides!"

Unable to stop herself from panicking when King turned up, his arm covered in green slime and almost screaming in pain, Faylinn decided that the best thing to do would be to get him away from the dragon, so shoving him up the ladder in front of her, Faylinn decided that she needed to keep an eye on him in case he fell off;

"Come on it will lessen the further you get away from the dragon, up the ladder I'm right behind you." she encouraged "Just keep climbing!"

Calling for Gnasher to follow them both up the ladder, Faylinn could see the top getting closer, and the smell of the sewers was definitely getting more prominent.
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:32 am

Logan was in agony.

The dragon has tried to eat Gnasher half way through their journey to the safe area. So, naturally in Logan's mind, he had attempted to stab the thing. He had done virtually no damage by stabbing the gap between two teeth but it was enough to convince the dragon it wanted nothing to do with them. And... it produced enough blood to burn into him like nothing he'd ever felt before.

Groaning in pain, Logan could feel the dragon's presence bellow the water,

"Take your friends and never return daughter of the forests!" the voice sounded through the cavern without the dragon even being above water, "Take your friend... the king... and return him to his place. Nobility deserves it's place. NOW BEGONE!"

Logan could feel Gnasher helping Faylinn to carry/drag him up the ladder into the sewer. Throwing his head from side to side with his pain, Logan gripped his hands into tight fists,

"My... fuck! M-my name... ugh..." he tried to speak through the pain and the gritted teeth, "My name is Logan... Logan Gyre..."

He didn't know why but he wanted her to know, just in case he didn't escape. But he needn't have worried apparently because Gnasher did not want to see him dead it seemed. For someone so big it was amazing that Gnasher could shoot up the ladder to the street that quickly. As soon as the sunlight hit him, Logan's pain seemed to vanish and he groaned, feeling limp and boneless,

"Gods above..." he moaned, "I am never meeting mythological creatures again..."
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:39 am

Faylinn looked at Logan as soon as they were in the sewers and the light was filtering into the dank tunnels. Was what the dragon said right? Was this man she had met, King, actually the king of this land or was supposed to be at the end of it all? Could it be her job to help him get back to nobility and resume control of this nation as he was supposed to?

Unable to stop a little laugh Faylinn gently hugged King, or Logan to her;

"King is a very silly nickname for yourself now that I know the truth Logan." Faylinn grinned "But I suppose very apt in a way."

Pausing for a few minutes she enjoyed taking in the sunlight as well, although, sunlight was a problem, they would have to be careful about what they did in the streets she didn't want anyone to see them and report them back to the guards.

"Heeeeeeeeey." Faylinn pouted "As a sprite I take offense to that statement! Without me you'd still be in that hole so, we mythological beings aren't all too shabby." she stated, jabbing her finger on Logan's nose "Now, are you rested up enough to make it outside? We'll need to move quickly to get outside the city walls, if we get to a tree along the outside though, I'll be able to get us out over the top."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 am

Logan groaned a little bit when Faylinn hugged him... he was tender after all that burning. Sighing a little bit, he chuckled weakly when she spoke about how apt his nickname down in the Hole had been. Looking into her eyes he replied,

"I wanted to remind myself..." he told her quietly, "That's all I wanted... and my nickname helped with that I think..."

Trying to get up, he was immediately pulled into a painful hug by Gnasher, who was laughing like a happy little child. He groaned in pain but grinned at his friend,

"Hey... h-hey, I'm alright Gnasher!" he assured her with a little chuckle as the giant set him down, "Smell that air Gnasher? That's fresh air... we're free!"

Pulling himself up into a sitting position, he grinned weakly at her,

"Ah you know what I meant..." he told her as Gnasher helped him onto his feet, "Only talking about the ugly ones like dragons..."

He reached forwards and gently stroked her cheek,

"Not got a problem with beautiful little Sprites, don't you worry about that at all."
Back to top Go down
Faylinn

Faylinn

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 am

Faylinn smiled softly and she wanted to keep embracing Logan however she didn't want to jeopardise their new found safety by doing so, they needed to keep moving in case someone decided to rat on them and tell the guards that they had gone. Though they probably thought that they had just been eaten by the dragon...would be the only explanation.

"It helped remind you and shape you into the King that you wanted to be in your own mind." Faylinn expanded with a gentle smile "It sounds as if your positively endorsing the hole for self realisation." she joked with a little laugh.

The bond between the two men was so lovely to see that Faylinn clasped her hands together to watch the scene unfolding before her.

"Oh I am so happy I was able to help you escape that place, both of you." she exclaimed "It makes me feel so good."

Unable to stop herself from blushing when Logan stroked her cheek with his rough hand, Faylinn softly leant into his touch, enjoying the sensation and the comfort that it provided her. The compliment, that she was beautiful, was something she had heard a lot but it...meant something different to when she'd heard it before.

"Well good, because I'm going to be sticking around I don't want it to become a problem." she grinned "Let's get out of here, hopefully we'll come out by a few back streets, nowhere main."
Back to top Go down
Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:04 am

Yes... strangely enough, Logan did endorse the Hole as something of a self-help environment. It stripped down your outer layers, the ones you put up against others, until all that was left was the very core of yourself... and it helped. Breaking down to the core and building back up? That was literally amazing,

"Well I'd not recommend it to anyone else." he admitted, "It was hell on earth... But I lived through it. Others might not make it through to enjoy the changes."

Nervously chuckling, Logan patted Gnasher on the shoulder,

"It's alright Gnaster... we're free and clear now." he assured his friend before turning back to Faylinn with a grin, "Our angel has pulled us out from Hell... which is almost enough to have me believe in that 'One God' shit the Count wanted me to like before this..."

She was blushing... that was doing things to him that had him forcing his self-control on full strength. And even then it was hard not to 'give her something to blush about' as his thoughts wanted him to. He swallowed thickly,

"You? A problem? Never!" he assured her before smirking slightly, "Lets get the hell out of this place... too many northerners from what I can see."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)   Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down here... I am King (Logan and Faylinn)
Page 1 of 1