The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Empty
PostSubject: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 am

Logan and Abbie had once again been sent on a quest by Sinamoi and once again they had been guilt tripped by the entire group until they agreed. And once again they seemed to be the only fucking people capable of leaving the safety of the lifeguard station.

A few days ago they had been out getting engine parts when a small group of survivors had shown up at the lifeguard station looking for help. The others had been such selfish assholes that they had just watched and some of the group were eaten by zombies and the rest were forced to run away.

And these were the people he and Abbie were risking their lives for eh?

Holding onto the fire axe like it was his lifeline, he edged slowly forwards, into the dark hotel with Abbie right beside him. This place was honestly creepy as hell but there was nothing for it. They had to reach the armoured van and the security guard had told them they were almost there, that they were absolutely on the right path.

He smirked at Abbie,

"Come on Abbie." he urged her with a cheeky grin, "Home stretch!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:10 am

Abbie was thoroughly worn out, she had drunk about five energy drinks in the past hour or so because these things kept doing untold damage to her nerves, to her body...why did they even accept this crazy suicide mission anyway. Everywhere they turned it was like there were double the amount of these things and they ended up sprinting past them the last few times to conserve their weapons and energy.

She couldn't count the amount of times she had to fix her machete because it had bent or broken out of shape and became useless. After fixing that stupid computer so that the guy could get the system back online and open up a few doors for them to get to the car, Abbie had really just wanted to stay in that secure room for a little bit.

But no, she pushed on with Logan and now she was regretting it a little bit.

"I think we've had about fucking...five...home stretches Logan." Abbie panted softly as she clutched at her machete, not wanting to let go of it as her life really did depend on that weapon "But one more doesn't sound too bad."

Resting a moment before they rounded the next corner, Abbie peeked around and immediately wished she hadn't. There was like ten of them in this office block alone, groaning a little bit when she heard one of them scream, signalling it had spotted them, Abbie stood up and roared, kicking the thing away from the pair of them with her boot, before slashing at it with her machete. Kicking the next attacking zombie then slashing at it, until she couldn't remember how many times she had kicked or slashed at one.

Letting out another roar, purely to spur herself on, one of the zombies came charging to her, but she noted that it had a weapon too late and did all that she could do and turn around, hoping that the damage it did with the knife wouldn't be too bad on her back as it would have been on her front.

Screaming as it slashed a long gash from her left shoulder to the right of her middle back, Abbie went down on the floor and groaned, trying to crawl away to hide in some cupboard or something to stop it from getting to her again but it jumped on her back and started beating at her with its weaponless hand.

Groaning in pain Abbie tried to buck it off but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 am

Logan had to admit that this whole hotel quest was fucking suicide to do alone and even between the two of them it was a massively important exercise that seemed to be doing absolutely no good whatsoever. They needed a van to clear some wreckage? And they couldn't walk around the wreckage why? Seemed a much more reasonable option in his opinion to be honest.

But nope!

Lots of darkness and endless mazes of corridors for them. When she commented on how the ending never seemed to actually arise he grimaced a little bit. She was speaking the truth though. They had been 'getting close' for about an hour at least... they were burning daylight! And daylight was, other than their torches, the only source of light in the building,

"Yeah I know but this time all we have to do is get by this medbay area and then we're at the stairs that will lead us straight down to it." he told her with a grin, "It'll all be okay don't worry!"

There were more zombies.

Oh now why did that not surprise him in the slightest?

As he was dealing with those who came anywhere near him, he glanced at Abbie. Normally she would have been doing well but right now she was down on the ground being attacked, blood pooling beneath her. Pushing his last zombie over the glass railing, Logan charged, slicing the head of the zombie attacking Abbie. And the head rolled off in two pieces,

"Abbie! Abbie are you alright?" he asked her urgently as he threw a throwing knife at a curious zombie half the room away, "Abbie come on... speak to me Abbie!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:33 am

Abbie was just lying there, unable to do anything but take this zombies attacks and to be honest she half expected it when it stabbed her in the back again with its blade, it had hit her so many times it was just probability that it would do so again with a weapon in its hands. Crying out when it did so though, was something she couldn't avoid.

She didn't want to die!

She didn't want to become one of those things!

When Logan knocked the zombie off, Abbie tried to stand up but she couldn't even push herself up halfway with her arms, they were shaking and weak and her vision was going blacker around the edges. She knew she was either going to pass out, and wake up in Logan's arms, or pass out and that would be the last thing she did as a human, before becoming a meat chew toy for these freaks.

"I c-can't...I c-can't get up..." she whispered softly "I can't move."

Groaning softly, Abbie wanted to curl up into a ball with the pain but her sheer lack of motivation and energy made her just lie there, trying to sit up again made her fall back down as her hands slipped on blood, her own blood.

Logan was in danger each minute he stood there fussing over her and Abbie gently pushed at him with her hand, her palm was covered in slick blood and it left a handprint on his khaki shorts;

"You have to...you have to get out of here L-logan." she whispered again "J-just go, okay? B-be safe."
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:01 am

Logan wasn't fast enough to get to her before the damn zombie managed to slash at her again with it's knife and he growled at the thing now that it was finally dead. Fucking thing was very good at slashing for something with the intelligence of a stupid house fly! He shook his head a little bit and strapped his fire ace onto his back to free up his arms. Seeing that she couldn't move, he winced a little bit.

That suggested deeper damage.

Swallowing thickly, he thought about the best way to do it before deciding that right now he needed to get her to the medbay. Nowhere else would be able to help her really. Scooping her up into his arms bridal style, he tried to be as gentle as he could as he tried to rush to the medbay as fast as he could without jostling her too badly.

He winced a little bit in sympathy but when she told him to leave her his eyes narrowed and he pointedly ignored her until they were in the medbay room... with a lone zombie. Putting her down on the bed, he kicked the zombie until it was flailing on the ground. Locking the door, he then proceeded to put the thing out of it's misery,

"Alright... I'm going to patch you up." he told her firmly as he cut some of her shirt away to get at the injuries, "I don't care what you say, I'm not leaving you like this."

Washing her wounds as effectively as he could, he pressed some bandages and pads against them as he tried to find some painkillers and anti-septic,

"You keep talking to me Abbie... you hear me? Keep talking to me."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 am

Abbie growled softly when Logan picked her up and carried her bridal style, it was pressing on her large gash and it was already painful, that knife probably had all sorts of shit on it and she was most likely going to get a whopping infection. That was if she lived through this. The sight of all of her blood on the carpet, just how big the stain was made her whimper softly and forget about the pain as everything became rather dull sense wise.

As Logan ran towards the medbay, Abbie curled her fingers in his shirt and leant her head against his chest, slowly she could feel her eyes closing, before he jostled her in his running and she shot them open again.

Now on the bed in the medical bay Abbie tried to keep her eyes open, but no matter how wide she tried to open her lids they stayed half shut and she was looking up at Logan as he gathered a few things to patch her up with. Although she could feel herself getting from dizzy to downright staggering whirling perception.

"I'm so...dizzy." she murmured softly "Maybe if I just close my eyes a little...I'll feel better."

As she was laying on her front so that Logan could treat her back, Abbie sighed softly and closed her eyes, just for a moment to rest them slightly. When Logan pressed some bandages on her cuts, Abbie jolted her eyes open again and as soon as he returned she gently placed a hand on his arm and squeezed softly;

"I...I'm scared Logan." Abbie whispered, tightening her grip softly "You'll...you'll stay with me won't you, while it happens...d-don't leave me."

Her hands were cold from the bad circulation and the wounds were still bleeding what little blood she had left pumping around her. Abbie's pale face was splattered with blood as her vision slackened even more and all she could see was a vague blur of Logan's form;

"Logan I..." she whispered, her voice strained, and quiet, before her eyes closed and she fell into blackness, hoping against hope, that she wasn't going to wake up a deranged freak and hurt Logan, and if she did never wake up again, Abbie regretted not saying what she had been trying to utter to Logan.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 am

Logan was hurting her with every step and every movement he made and it was bringing tears to his eyes. God damn it! By the rate this was going she would end up being dead from blood loss and shock before he got her to the medical bay and it would be all his fault. Arriving at the medical bay was no less aggravating what with the damn zombie in the room too.

But when she told him that she was dizzy and wanted to close her eyes his own eyes widened and he rushed to her side,

"No Abbie! Abbie don't close your eyes!" he urged her as he shone a torch into her eyes to try and see if she had any brain or eye damage, "Damn it Abbie... come on, stay awake... stay with me..."

His fingers and hands were... were shaking. He was shaking with all the pent up emotion, adrenaline and desire to help her against the clock. Swallowing thickly again, he tightened up some of the bandages on her back before using some anti-septic of some of the smaller ones really quickly,

"I know you're scared but it's going to be okay Abbie." he tried to assure her as best as he could, giving her hand a squeeze, "I'm here Abbie... I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you do matter what but right now... right now I'm going to save you so that we can be together as partners wherever we are sent."

Her voice brought him out of the trance of bandaging her up but by that time it was too late and she had drifted off into unconsciousness. His mouth worked soundlessly as he tried harder to pull her back together. She wasn't talking and he couldn't get her to respond. All the bandages and painkillers in the world... and it was all down to Abbie's will.

He had never felt so helpless.

As the tears rolled down his eyes he laid down beside her on the little examination table and held both of her hands with his own as he looked deep into her closed eyes, hoping to see a glimmer of movement at least. He stroked her cheek after a tear dropped onto him,

"Come on Abbie... come on, wake up... come on Abbie please..." he begged her as the tears grew stronger and all he could do was squeeze her hand a little tighter, "Please Abbie... don't leave me... I can't do this on my own Abbie! I'm not strong enough to be without you..."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:41 am

Abbie didn't know what was going on, she didn't know where she was, she was in an endless room of blackness, like she had just woken up in her bedroom in the middle of the night. Instinctively she reached for a light switch but she couldn't find one, she couldn't find a torch or a match, she was stuck in a crushing blackness that she couldn't end.

Panicking slightly, especially when she heard the noises of infected, Abbie tried to move but she couldn't, just like her arms her feet couldn't move, so she couldn't even run away from her approaching attackers never mind kill them and be able to continue on her way. Wherever that was, she couldn't tell in the dark.

In the distance, she could hear Logan's voice, and instead of the light she tried to travel towards it, and amazingly she moved, slowly, like she was walking through mud but she was moving towards it even so. Gritting her teeth in concentration, Abbie continued to focus on his voice, he wanted her to come back, he couldn't do this without her.

She had left him all on his own in a place like that! She had to get back.

Screaming a little bit as she saw the infected Abbie hurried through blackness just running, running anywhere she could to get away from the sounds.

All that showed on the outside though, was a slight twitch of her fingers, and she turned her head to one side, her lips parting softly as her features tensed for one moment, before relaxing again. Abbie's fingers were slowly letting go of Logan's arm that she had been holding onto, her attention on other things, like following Logan's voice. Escaping those infected who didn't seem to want to leave her alone...
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:00 am

Logan as at a loss as to what to do now.

He had bandaged her up as best he could and had taken what blood they had in case he was able to set up a transfusion kit but that would take somewhere secure. So he had done something he had thought impossible even to himself...

He had gone the last leg of the journey and taken the van, all while carrying Abbie in his arms like he was cradling her.

So he was driving as fast as he could while still checking up on her as best he could. She was getting deeper and deeper into the 'sleep' she was in and he really didn't want her getting any deeper or dream she was in trouble. That was a sure-fire way for her to stop breathing in her sleep and he was NOT having that happen!

Driving like a maniac up to the lighthouse, the nearest survivor camp, he carried her out of the van and into the lighthouse. Arriving in the main room he scowled and handed her to one survivor gently before sweeping his hand across a desk and sending everything on it crashing to the ground. Taking her back, he set her down on the table gently,

"It's going to be fine Abbie... Abbie it's going to be fine..." he tried to assure her but his voice was shaking, cracking with pressure and the emotions he was feeling, "We're at the lighthouse... we're safe here with no infected and... oh god Abbie just come back to me... we're safe now so come back!"

One of the survivors at the back of the room was stupid enough to speak;

"Now how will we get our canned food?"

Logan roared, throwing a knife that embedded in the wall just by the woman's ear, shocking all of the survivors,

"You sicken me! Abbie is lying there on the table bleeding out for you selfish bastards!" he told them angrily, turning back at Abbie sadly, "She is the only one on this god-damn island who cares more about others than herself. She is the only one who would put herself in harms way for you stupid people! And look what you've done! Look! You've killed her!"

He fell to his knees at the base of the table, resting his forehead against it's edge as he clung to her hand like a lifeline,

"You monsters..." he sobbed, "You killed her... I loved her and you've killed her!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:08 am

Abbie was screaming her lungs hoarse, running through the blackness still trying to get away from the infected, she had been running for god knows how long now and she didn't know what to do. She couldn't keep running like this, she had to do something, find something, find a light or something so she could see what she was doing.

Occasionally she could hear a muffled voice, but, it was when it grew a lot louder, a lot angrier then she realised that it was Logan's voice. She had lost his voice to the cries of the infected when she had first woken up, but, now she could hear it again, and she wasn't going to lose it this time! She was going to follow it and help him fight those infected freaks!

Just as soon as she fought her own.

Listening to what Logan was saying, it slowly became clearer and clearer until she could hear it like she was sitting right there, and almost like he was bringing her back from her darkness, things started to become lighter, and lighter until she was bathed in a pink light. The infected were gone. None of their screams followed her.

It looked like she was just staring at her eyelids...so she tried to move something.

Abbie's fingers twitched softly and she let her arm drop off the table, but it connected with something soft and warm (Logan's back). Hearing Logan's voice again, Abbie heard that he loved her, he thought she was dead! No she wasn't dead!

Summoning up a lot of her willpower, and her strength Abbie opened her mouth and rasped; "L-logan?" she called.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:17 am

Logan glared heatedly at all of the survivors in the room and all of them, not just the one who had spoken, looked away in shame. Of course. Of course they had all been thinking similar things to that one person! He growled in anger and was tempted, for the first time, to kill not only one person but everyone in this room.

They had disrespected Abbie's sacrifice for them and had the god-damn gall to ask about their own selfish little quests that they decided they were too valuable to actually go out and do it for themselves.

Holding onto her hand, he tried to centre himself. Tried to force away the murderous rage that he knew she wouldn't accept him having. It took a great deal of pressure but eventually he managed to calm down enough to not kill them immediately he would just...

Her fingers twitched.

His heart soared and stuck itself in his throat even at this tiniest piece of hope and he swallowed as thickly as he had ever done before, watching her silently. Urging her to continue, to come back to him! Her mouth opened and his eyes widened. Instantly he was stood up enough for her to see him,

"Abbie... Abbie I'm here!" he told her, burying his head in her shoulder as he cried, "Oh god Abbie... Abbie don't ever scare me like that again! I can't lose you like that!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)   Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the darkness (Logan and Abbie)
Page 1 of 1