The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Empty
PostSubject: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Logan groaned a little bit when Sinamoi told them that they should move to the lifeguard station... but to do that they needed his key to get in. A key that the idiot had managed to leave in his god-damn bungalow right next to the damn hotel! What the hell kind of moron left their room without their keys? It boggled Logan's mind that was for damn sure.

Sighing a little bit, he glared at Sinamoi for a moment before accepting his little 'mission' to collect the keys.

Holding the paddle tightly in his hands, he opened the door to find a nice, peaceful, beach waiting for him. There were no zombies around the shack and all was calm apparently. He turned to Abbie with a little grin,

"Well you up for visiting the poolside bar then?" he teased her with a wink as he set off, "Come on... I'll race you there!"

Smirking a little bit, he paused when he came across his first zombie, trying to get up from off the ground. Sighing a little bit, he smashed it's head with his paddle,

"This shit is getting real old don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Abbie had rested up the night in the small shack and she was ready to go again now, it was boring in there and she really wanted to get out and move around...although she would have liked it more if that was all she had to do. Not sprint around killing zombies with paddles and things like that, but then again, beggars couldn't be choosers.

Her leg was better now as well, it wasn't hurting, it wasn't so tender...which was good. Meant she could run on it better if needs be.

"Oh I think that would be needed after what we're going to have to do." she stated with a soft smile "Although, maybe we could make that order of vodka to go...don't want to be hanging around out here longer than we have to."

Laughing softly she began to jog after Logan, she didn't want to tire herself out already, she didn't know how long she was going to have to be out here, or how many of those things she was going to have to fight off.

Watching as Logan killed the first zombie of the day, Abbie sighed and shook her head;

"No it's not old just yet, I still can't believe something like this has happened. Its just...so crazy." she sighed before raising her own paddle and squeaking as she smacked it down across the legs of one of the approaching zombies, when it was down she smacked it on the head until it stilled.

Huffing slightly she looked at the stairs upwards and started the journey; "I think they're this way. I hope there aren't a lot of those things out there." she murmured, the paddle still firmly in her grip as she walked slowly up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Logan chuckled a little bit. Abbie was innocent enough that she probably thought that he meant getting a glass of something. In reality all he wanted to do was grab a bottle or five of whiskey to see him through the next couple of days. To be honest he hoped that there would be some left; a lot of people would be turning to the sauce in the days ahead of them he knew.

Shaking his head a little bit, he smirked at her,

"That's the only kind of drinking you do when you drink straight from the bottle!" he teased her before winking at her, "And don't say you don't do that. You'll learn after all!"

He sighed a little bit as he killed the first zombie of the day, knowing that it would be far from his last kill of the day. Honestly, how did you prepare yourself for that? Knowing that you were going to be killing dozens of these things before dinner time? It was madness! He sighed a little bit before grinning a little bit,

"It's only crazy if we enjoy it!" he told her happily, "And since that was revolting... I'm going to guess that we're still completely sane. And let's aim to keep it that way shall we?"

Following her up the stairs towards the pool area, he grinned a little bit as he spotted an energy drink. Downing it, he sighed happily before giving another to Abbie as they passed into the pathway which was enclosed by plants. He turned to her,

"I'm sure there's hardly any." he assured her... just as a zombie leapt up from the ground and grabbed him from behind, trying it's best to bite him as he squirmed and wiggled.
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:01 am

Abbie rolled her eyes a little bit when Logan said that they were going to learn to drink from the bottle with all of this going on, although she thought that she could last out without having to become an alcoholic...she knew that the other people might not be able to. In fact depending on how bad things got, she might not even be able to!

"I'd rather not drink too much, we need our wits about us after all." she stated with a smirk "But given the way you smelled yesterday, sounds like you can handle more than a few and still be okay." Abbie teased softly as they made their way through the hotel complex.

Nodding her head, Abbie smiled gently at Logan, she didn't want to seem so pathetic. He kept reassuring her all of the time, and she couldn't help but want to be tougher, but when she got used to this situation, she would be okay she knew it.

"Sounds like a plan." she agreed in a quiet tone, popping the energy drink open and taking a sip, sighing happily as she swallowed it down, feeling better already "Thanks."

Crying out in shock when a body leapt up from the ground and began to attack Logan, Abbie swiftly butted it with the smaller end of her paddle, sending it backwards away from Logan. Bringing the paddle down on it's head, she heard a crack, and all matter of grey crap leaked out from its skull onto the sand. Gagging, Abbie took a few more sips of her drink before continuing.

"Holy. Shit." she whispered "Are you okay...it didn't bite you did it?" Abbie swiftly checked him over before gripping Logan's hand and continuing down the path, spotting some bungalows in the distance;

"Do you think those might be the ones?" she asked, softly, as she knelt behind some plants by the nearby pool area.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:17 am

Logan had to admit that drinking 'on the job' might be a bad idea but it was the only idea he had right now and he was going to use it so help him god! He needed something to dull the pain of all this shit and something that would make him slightly more likely to smack a zombie so hard that it's head broke in on itself,

"Yeah I can handle myself when it comes to drinking." he admitted with a little smirk before shaking his head, "It'll help when it comes to falling asleep I'm thinking."

Bodies, no matter how dead looking, were now top on Logan's "hit with a stick to make sure" list.

Growling in annoyance as the thing kept trying to bite him, he sighed with relief when Abbie managed to whack the thing off of his back. Hissed in pain from where it had dug its nails into him, he watched as Abbie broke the things head into small little pieces before calmly drinking down the rest of her energy drink. He sighed a little bit,

"Yeah... yeah I'm okay." he assured her, shaking his head a little bit, "No it didn't get the chance. Thanks for that."

Following Abbie further into the bungalow apartment complex area of the hotel grounds, he nodded a little bit,

"Looks like that's the right number for the room so I'm going to say yes." he told her before moving in closer to the door, taking the key out and handing it to Abbie as he stood guard, "Get in and get the keys to the lifeguard station alright? I'll cover the door."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 am

Abbie was not just happy that Logan was alright, there had been a few close calls already and she wasn't keen to have another one, so hopefully she would be able to keep her senses sharp and ensure that no more 'bodies' got the drop on them. Maybe they could throw rocks or something to wake them up before they got too close to them.

They had been quite lucky that they hadn't come across a bigger group of the things yet.

As they approached the bungalow house, Abbie gasped softly and looked at the pool, it was red with blood and had several bodies floating it in! And there was somebody alive in the center! Although Logan seemed to have other ideas about what she should be doing, she nodded towards the man in the pool;

"Alright, I'll go inside and check it out, get the card and anything else useful in there, but will you talk to him, make sure he's okay? Maybe he wants to come with us?" she asked quietly, before letting go of Logan's hand and entering the bungalow on her own.

At the sight of another of those things, Abbie was ready this time, and whacked it hard on its ass, sending it sprawling down to the floor where she beat on it until she could hear the crack from its skull. Panting, she threw away her useless paddle and picked up a rusted pipe she had found on the floor, thank god for that, otherwise she would have been weaponless.

Picking up a canvas bag, she placed some water, some energy drinks and a few more weapons into it before slinging it over her shoulder. A recording took her eye and Abbie picked it up too, placing it in the bag.

Slowly, she walked to the bedroom door, ramming her shoulder hard against it, one, two, three times until it finally gave out. Groaning a little she rubbed it, took the extra money in the room into her pocket as she searched.

Screaming when a body hurled itself from the bathroom she took the pipe to it, just whacking blindly until it screamed itself and fell to the floor where Abbie was able to finish it off swiftly, and grab the lifeguard key from the shelving unit next to the body. Shaking a little bit Abbie dashed back outside to where Logan was standing.

"Okay...I got the card and some other useful stuff, here's another weapon, if you need it." she stated with a shaky smile, giving Logan the flimsy divers knife she had found.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 am

Logan had to just sigh when Abbie asked him to go and talk to the guy sitting in the kiddie pool filled with blood and bodies.

That sounded like a grand idea!

He nodded anyway before touching her arm. There were things he wanted to say to her. Like how thank you didn't seem to be enough amongst other... stronger... feelings that wrestled for control over his words. In the end he just smiled a little bit weakly,

"You be safe I there you hear me?" he asked her quietly before grinning, "Now to go say hi to a man covered in blood and surrounded by bodies! You're so good to me Abbie..."

As he got over to the edge of the pool the man was muttering about his brother and his friends and... and not even acknowledging that Logan was there. He clicked his fingers and clapped his hands at the guy,

"Hey... hey asshole!" he called out to the guy, "Come on man, we gotta get you outa here, there are zombies all over the damn place."

The man just started muttering the same things over and over again and by the time Abbie screamed, Logan was getting ready to smack the man round the face with a paddle or something. He rushed over to the bungalow just as Abbie emerged from it,

"what happened? You alright? Why did you scream?" he questioned her, worried before accepting the diving knife with a smile, "Ah well thank you for that Abbie... I can use this for sure."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 am

Abbie was a little shell shocked still but she was feeling better than before, taking one of the bottles of water she had gathered she drank it slowly and felt a little better, her aches were still there and she could do with some little heat packs to help her. But she doubted that she would get any of them around here in a situation like this.

Logan looked worried about her and Abbie couldn't help but smile softly, he was so sweet to worry like that and for a moment she had thought she would have really needed his help with that surprise jumper appearing like that.

"There were two of those things in there, one of them got the jump on me from the bathroom. I was just surprised that's all." she laughed softly, rubbing the back of her head in an embarrassed manner "I swear I'll get used to it soon, or start to expect it a little bit more."

Looking at the guy in the pool, she raised an eyebrow and whispered; "So he's not coming?" Abbie asked softly "I hope he's okay but he doesn't look it...looks like he's been bitten too so maybe we should just leave him."

Worrying her lip between her teeth Abbie didn't want to leave the man but she knew that it wouldn't be wise to stay here while they could be on their way back to safety. At any time there could be a whole mess of those things coming for them and she knew that she felt a lot safer back in the hut than out here.

"Should we make our way back, or do we want to go and scavage for some other items? Who knows what we could find around the bars, maybe theres some food that we can eat when we get back? What I would not give for a Big Mac and coke right about now." Abbie pouted, rubbing her stomach softly.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 am

Logan had to admit that he had been worried about her when she had screamed like that because honestly, it had scared him to think that he might soon be facing this all alone. And it scared him even more than he might just be without Abbie. He could do this alone if he had to as long as he knew she was safe but if he was alone because she was gone? Well then he knew he was going to be joining the crazy man in the blood-soaked kiddie pool.

When he heard what had caused her to scream he chuckled a little bit and couldn't help but agree that that shit would make him jump and shout out too,

"Okay that shit would make me scream too so I guess I'll just have to accept that." he teased her with a grin, "I really hope we don't have to get used to it but... well I guess we're going to have to no matter what."

He shook his head a little bit,

"He's not been bitten." he told her quietly, "He just doesn't want to live anymore."

When she mentioned looting some of the bungalows he paused at the idea. It had merit but he was still a little bit squeamish about stealing from these places. What if the people were just out looking for loved ones and they came in and stole all their stuff? Give it a few days before he would be reasonably sure that others were gone,

"How about we clear the lifeguard station out?" he suggested, "I've not doubt these fucking zombies have got inside... we clear them out and we can loot it before the others show up. They often have food stores we can eat from."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:18 am

Abbie nodded her head a little bit when Logan told her that the man in the pool just didn't have the will to go on, she didn't know if she could do that, just sit in a pool and wait for one of those things to come and eat her but...she supposed that if her family had been here with her, and she had just seen them all die, it might be a bit of a different story.

"Alright, I understand, I suppose we should just leave him to grieve then." Abbie whispered softly as she looked around the area, trying to figure out which would be the best way to go, there weren't any more of those freaks around here just yet so she was happy to have a moment to relax and finish her water off.

The suggestion by Logan to clear out the lifeguard station of those things, but also have a look around and loot the place before anyone else could show up, was one that appealed to Abbie. They might be pre-emting another task they would be sent on anyway, so, to clear out the lifeguard station would be a good move for looting and time saving.

"Great idea Logan. I say we go and do that, it will save us going back to be told to come back out again and do it." she smirked softly, twirling her rusted pipe in her hands "And with the added bonus of food? I'm sold."

Deciding it would be best to go back the way they came where they could consult the sign post, Abbie inched her way slowly back through the path they had just come down, wincing every time she heard a grunting or howling in the distance but she didn't come across any zombies. They'd cleared the area few minutes ago after all.

"Well the signpost says we should take a right, so, I say we go along there." she murmured, pointing to a slightly smaller path "There's less chance of running into any of them if we take that way, there will be loads on the main paths."
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:35 am

Logan couldn't imagine killing his family because they'd become zombies but maybe that was helped by the fact that he only had a grandmother left to make up his family, he didn't know. But he did know that he did not envy the guy sitting in the kiddie pool filled with blood and his dead friends and brother.

Not one bit.

"I don't suppose it matters really." he told her honestly, "The guy is completely out of it, he's not reacting to anything no matter how loud or how close or even how hard it shakes him. Seriously, I was shaking him and he just... wobbled."

He knew that Sinamoi would send them out to clear out the lifeguard station so he figured that they might as well do it on their own now. That way the others in the group would know that they were looking out for them. He smirked a little bit,

"Yeah and it'll save me from feeling like Sinamoi's little puppet by not giving him a chance to order us to do something." he teased her a little bit before flipping the diving knife in his hand, "Alright then... lets get over there and kick some ass."

The path they'd cleared getting there was still miraculously clear on the way back and they were soon arriving at the gate to the lifeguard station. They had run into no other zombies so they were all ready for their little crusade against this lifeguard station. He took a deep breath and turned to Abbie,

"You ready?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 am

Abbie had been more than a little bit freaked out by the fact that they had run into no more zombies on their way here, it seemed strange but she knew that it must be the bad day of some other group around the hotel, maybe they had attracted a lot of attention and now all of the zombies were all busy trying to get some over there?

Why ever it was quiet, Abbie didn't linger on it long, she just sent a silent thanks up there for letting her and Logan get to where they needed to go unharmed.

"Yes, I'm ready. I'll sprint for the door, take the ones out there, and you can cover me taking out these ones. I've got the key so, it'll be faster if I do it myself." Abbie stated, taking the key from her bag, and swiping it on the access pad to the gate they were standing besides, it was going to be rough, she could see at least 6 of them in there.

Biting her lip, she took a deep breath and squeezed Logan's hand softly;

"Good luck, okay?" she asked quietly "I'll see you on the other side. On the count of three, I'm going to push open the gate."

As Abbie readied her weapon, the rusted pipe, she looked at the pad, there were three zombies there she needed to get out of the way before she could open the garage to the life guard base. With a nervous smile she placed her hand on the gate;

"One. Two...three!" Abbie cried as she pushed the gate open, took a look back at Logan before sprinting like fuck towards the pad, letting her weapon collide hard with the head of one of those freaks at speed and putting it down on the floor instantly.

Whacking the second zombie to come stumbling towards her with the pipe, she swore as it smacked her itself with a wooden plank it was holding, giving her a little gash on the side of her head. Abbie wiped at the cut and stumbled away to regain her vision, and when she did she charged forwards again, whacking the zombie hard on the legs, sending it down, before lashing out blindly on the second zombie left standing, just hoping and praying her hits would do some damage.

Then, they were all down, all finished.

"Fuck." Abbie whispered softly, wiping at her eyes furiously, holding a hand up to her cut on her head before wobbling over to the pad and swiping the card down.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:59 am

Logan had to admit that running into no zombies at all was kind of weird. It made him think that they were just around the corner and they... just never were. And that was even stranger to him! After all, wasn't that what happened all the freaking time in horror films? You fought the zombies and then they would show up in a massive horde at the worst possible time? No? Well... good he supposed.

He smiled softly and gave her hand a gentle squeeze too,

"Good luck Abbie, you'll see me soon don't you worry." he assured her before nodding, tightening his grip on his little knife, "Right... we got this Abbie don't worry about that!"

He had his paddle at the ready should his knife be broken or something and he was glad of that because it was only now that he noticed how freaking flimsy the thing looked. He swallowed a little bit before nodding to Abbie to assure her that he was ready.

Charging through the open gate, Logan shoulder barged one of the freaks into another and sent them both sprawling. When the other came for him he lashed out with his knife, stabbing it right through the eye. Seeing the other two still on the ground, he swallowed thickly before stamping down savagely on their heads, caving in their skulls underneath his powerful feet,

"Fucking hell that's messy..." he muttered to himself, before noticing the cut Abbie had, "That a cut? Are you alright?"

As the doors began to open, Logan immediately noticed a very large zombie was on the opposite side of the door. Before he could warn Abbie it lashed out with it's massive arms, sending her flying down onto her ass. It roared at her but Logan threw his knife, catching it in the thing's cheek, to grab it's attention,

"Hey asshat! Over here motherfucker!" he growled, pulling out the paddle he had remembered to keep on him, "Come at me!"

Seeing that this thing was going to be able to take multiple hits, Logan began swinging at the thing and didn't stop. But even that seemed to just annoy it. With a roar it waved it's arms, breaking the paddle into pieces with a stray arm. Swearing, Logan spotted his knife in the thing's cheek and swallowed thickly before jumping onto the creature's chest, wrapping his legs around it for balance. Reaching up, he grabbed the knife and began repeatedly stabbing the thing in the temple until it toppled over, pinning Logan to the ground under it's dead weight,

"Uh... little help here please?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:09 am

Abbie was just about to reassure Logan that she was okay and that the cut wasn't even that deep it was just bleeding like fuck because all head wounds did that.

But she was cut off by a rather scary, rather close roaring sound coming from the garage of the lifeguard unit that she had just opened up. God she didn't even want to know what was in there, but she saw it before she had time to do anything about it, a massive muscular zombie roared at her and knocked her flying against a wooden boat nearby, making her winded for a moment before she managed to drag herself to her feet.

Logan was fighting the thing and looked as if he was winning so she took it upon herself to kill the other zombie that was running around from being trapped inside there.

"Take, that, you, pile, of, crap!" she shouted as she whacked it over and over again with the paddle from the boat she had just been knocked onto until it stopped moving, clutching the paddle to her she couldn't help but giggle softly at the sight of Logan being pinned under that huge big zombie that he had just killed.

Using the paddle, she shifted the body off the top of him and helped Logan to his feet. With a shy smile Abbie gave him a little hug;

"Thanks for the help Logan, I'm glad you're okay." she murmured, before turning her attention to the opened, dark, garage and the rooms beyond "Do you think there are more of them inside there, I wouldn't doubt it considering they've got to be somewhere right?"

Spotting a tool bench inside of the building she made her way towards it, picking up and drinking another energy drink as she did so;

"Look Logan a bench we can fix up our weapons and things, which is good because my pipe is a little bit usele-Shit!" Abbie cried out as a screaming zombie came flying out of nowhere towards her, beating down on it until it hit the floor and stopped moving to get up, Abbie panted softly and looked up at Logan in a little bit of shock "I wish they would stop doing that!"
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 am

Logan had to admit that he had done a pretty good job at taking out that large and rather annoyingly strong zombie but it was all kind of undermined by the fact that he was now pinned underneath the fucking thing! He groaned in annoyance as he tried to move the heavy thing but was only able to succeed in pushing it up slightly but not moving it away.

When she came over to help him move it away he grinned a little bit, trying avoid how much his cheeks reddened at the fact that she had to save him like that,

"Ah it was nothing don't worry about it. And I'm good... he did more damage by falling on me!" he joked a little bit before nodding his head with a grim expression, "Of course there are more of them. The fuckers just love us for some reason..."

Seeing the toolbench she was talking about, he noticed that his knife was getting a bit blunt and nodded to himself. This was the perfect chance to sharpen it to be honest. He'd never get a better chance after all. When another zombie came lurching out at her he rushed to help but she had already dealt with it by the time he got there. Closing the door to the rest of the station, he chuckled a little bit,

"How about we close this..." he pointed to the door, "So that no more can get through to you eh? Now... do you think this knife is worth sharpening or should I just pick up another weapon or something? Like..."

He picked up a spare hammer,

"Well this'll do for my backup weapon."
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

Abbie sighed softly, letting out a breath she didn't even know she had been holding in when she had actually been fighting the thing. They just needed to rest for a few moments now after that battle to clear the things from outside, and there were more inside she just knew it so they needed to be able to have a few moments to collect themselves before going back out there.

Handing Logan an energy drink she had saved and put in her bag Abbie smiled brightly;

"Here, you might need this. It made me feel better when I had one, although we're going to crash so hard in a few hours, maybe those people will actually do something while we're sleeping. Who knows. The sky could also turn green and the grass blue tomorrow if that happens." Abbie joked, enjoying just having a little rest.

Her nerves were completely shot and her hands were shaking a little but the adrenaline was working wonders, she was ready to take a whole pack of these things on! Especially with the energy drink added into the mix.

"Erm...haha that sounds like a good plan!" Abbie laughed embarrassed that she had just rushed in without checking her surroundings "I think you should do both, sharpen and get another weapon, we need all of the things we can get. Why don't you use the bench first while I look for some stuff."

Letting Logan use the bench, Abbie looked around the room, picking up some money from the bodies that were in here and adding it to her stash, before going around and gathering the energy drinks and water from around the room. Although water didn't seem to do much, they couldn't just live on Monster alone while they were here, water was equally as important.

A few odds and ends later she returned to Logan.

"Look what I found, some nails and duct tape, maybe we can add them to a baseball bat or something if we find one along the way." she smiled gently "And I found myself a heavier pipe to use which is good, I'll repair the other one now though if you're done."
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 am

Logan had to admit that the cheap sugar rush of the energy drink was exactly what he needed right now and he immediately downed almost all of the drink before passing it back to her with a happy little sigh. He had really needed that. Of course it would have been better with alcohol but in their rush they had yet to pick any up.

Giving the hammer a few practice swings, he noticed how twitchy and how energetic she seemed and couldn't help but chuckle slightly. Of course she would be feeling the adrenaline. He had been riding on it for almost the entire day and so hadn't noticed the extra,

"Yeah I thought so." he teased her with a wink before nodding to her, "Yeah sure that sounds like a good plan too... we're one for one it seems."

Using the bench he managed to sharpen up his knife and make it a lot sturdier than it had been before and had managed to work the head of the hammer to a point so that it was now much more like an ice pick than an actual hammer. Smirking a little bit, he gave it a few practice swings before, satisfied, he put it away for a moment and stepped away from the bench,

"Sounds like we're going to be a couple of walking armouries before long!" he observed with a grin before nodding, "Damn straight it's good. Alright you repair your pipe and after that we'll clear downstairs before clearing upstairs... all good?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:09 am

Abbie as she walked over to the bench, looked sideways up at Logan while she was working on her pipe, he really was very handsome even though he was a lot older than she was...he was American too so he had the really nice Southern drawl that she found attractive too. Perhaps it was the adrenaline making her think these things in a more serious sense though. While she thought he was attractive and occasionally they had sparks, she was sure he had other things on his mind than some 20 something British chick.

Like maybe surviving this thing and getting back home? Where no doubt he had an amazing pile of money and a cushy life?

Wrapping her pipe up in Duct tape to make it sturdier, it also had the effect of making the parts that were a little bit wobbly, fix onto it properly. Which was good, she didn't want it breaking while they were fighting more of those things. When she was done Abbie turned to Logan and span the fixed pipe in the air;

"I'm all done, fixed up and ready to clear these things out." she exclaimed with a grin "We're going to kick some undead arse right here!" Abbie fist pumped the air before walking, slowly over to the door that she could see there were flickering lights, and a heck load of blood on the floor through. A sure sign there were more freaks there.

Biting her lip, Abbie noticed the office, and the side rooms.

"Okay...how about you go long this time, and clear out the office, while I check these side rooms and make sure you're covered when I'm done?" she asked, whispering softly "I'll go ahead and start checking these rooms now...you go when you're ready."

As she started forwards, she looked to the first door and gasped sharply when one of those things came darting out, but she lashed at it with her pipe and brought it back down to slam against its body again sending it down to the floor. Grinning in triumph, Abbie gave it two swift slams to the head before declaring it dead.

Continuing her search, Abbie followed the sounds of pounding and around the corner spotted a zombie mashing against a door, it didn't notice her. Throwing her pipe from her hand right at it's head, it roared in pain at her before staggering towards her, taking the newer pipe out she smashed it against the head again, taking it down.

"Another one bites the dust...hey hey hey..." she hummed to herself as she tried to ignore the gore on her hands and clothes.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:29 am

Logan chuckled a little bit when she showed so much enthusiasm for what they were about to do. He was 95% sure that all of it was down to the mixture of energy drink and adrenaline to be honest. Chuckling a little bit, he smirked as he spun the knife in his hand, kind of liking the feeling of something dangerous in his hand,

"I'm all ready to stab them until they stop moving that's for sure." he agreed before laughing and pumping his own fist, "I have no idea what an 'arse' is but if it's anything like 'ass' then we're gunna kick theirs so hard they're gunna wish they were fully dead!"

Lots of blood and no bodies.

Well now if that wasn't a bad sign.

"Yeah sure, I've always wanted to wreck up and office truth be told." he told her with a grin before rushing towards the door to the office with a laugh, "I'm ready now so let's do this!"

Kicking the door to the office open not only looked cool but it also staggered the zombie waiting behind it enough that Logan was able to jab the knife into it's temple so that it fell lifeless to the ground. Smirking a little bit, he pulled out his hammer to clobber another on the head. When another came from his left he struck out with his knife, stabbing it through the eye, just as he used his hammer-turned-icepick into the top of the skull of another zombie.

There was only one zombie left... and it was one of the fast ones.

It screamed before charging at him in a dead sprint.

Dropping both weapons, Logan waited until the last possible second before putting all of his weight into a massive punch to the creature's face, sending it flying back on it's ass. As it struggled to get up he picked up an old school style computer monitor, the big ones, and dropped it onto the creature's head.

The leg twitched but it was dead.

"All clear in here!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:38 am

Abbie rushed inside the office, holding her flashlight up as she did so, to see that Logan was indeed alright and there wasn't any of those freaks in there any more. She had been worried that it would have been full of them in there and she would have no time to come and help her friend out. Although they hadn't known each other very long, she felt more connected to Logan than she had her longest friend at home.

Smiling broadly as she looked around the office, Abbie flicked on the light switch and sighed when she was able to see everything a lot more clearly now.

"Well we did it, again. You know if I wasn't such a moral person we could just do this all on our own." she stated with a wink "Do you need another energy drink?" Abbie asked as she rummaged through her little cloth bag looking to see how much room she had left inside of it.

"I'm going to check around the room and see if there's anything else that we need in here, after all there might be something to explain what's been going on here..." she hummed softly as she rummaged through a few drawers, finding an ID card laying around and also a few excerpts from the local newspaper.

Taking a few more energy drinks from around the office, Abbie was done looting and ready to move out again and check the upper floor for infected.

"Are you ready to check some of the upper floors?" she asked with a grin, bending down and removing a little knife from the grip of one of the dead zombies "You know I never thought that they would be able to use weapons, it just, never occurred to me. Looks like we'll need to watch for ones who do though."

Sending Logan a shy smile, Abbie squeezed his arm softly; "I'm glad you're okay Logan, maybe after clearing the top floor we can rest for a minute or two? I think we deserve a few minutes to rest up while the others get their arses here."
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:52 am

Logan groaned a little bit and sat down on the convenient sofa in the office, grabbing a snack bar from the table by the side of it as he did so. It was rather comfy to be honest and thankfully only had a little bit of blood on it and nothing too smelly like entrails. He was beginning to get used to the smell of rot and death and intestines and he wasn't really convinced that was a very good thing at all.

When Abbie came into the office he grinned widely and threw her a snack bar as well, simply enjoying sitting down for a moment before laughing a little bit,

"Well tell you what, if it comes down to a choice between us or the group I'm going with the party that kicks 'arse'." he teased her back with a wink before nodding his thanks and catching the drink to go with his snack, "Thanks."

He nodded to her as he downed the energy drink. This really wasn't very healthy, he knew, but at the same time it was the least of his worries right now,

"I doubt the lifeguards would have had a clue." he muttered quietly, "They look to have been taken completely by surprise after all."

Nodding his head, he collected his weapons. His homemade icepick in his right hand and his knife in his left hand. Twirling them a little he grinned,

"Oh yeah I'm ready to kick some more ass... as for them using weapons... just seems to me they cling onto whatever they had in their hands during life so those with weapons were probably trying to fight." he reasoned before grinning and nudging her gently as they made their way to the bottom of the stairs, "Likewise Abbie. Now... lets kill those motherfuckers so we can rest up and have a little party on the roof!"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:00 am

Abbie sighed softly, she didn't really want to be going up there and killing more people, she was so tired already and her arms were getting heavier and heavier to lift each time she used her weapons. Yet she didn't have a choice really, she either raised her arm with her weapon to slice and dice or she died and that was the end of that.

Besides she couldn't let Logan down like that, they both needed each other when they were out here, to look out for each other and to help each other fight these freaks and do what needed to be done.

"Alright then, I'm ready." she murmured as they climbed the stairs, fiddling with the lock that opened the trap door, once it was off she sent a nervous smile back to Logan "Alright, I'm opening it in three, two and one!"

Flinging the trap door open Abbie clambered up the remaining stairs, the shelving units disorientated her for a moment or two until she saw the group of infected eating what was once a person by the stairs to the main office. Which was where they needed to go so no sneaking around and trying to avoid them.

As she gripped her knife tightly Abbie sprinted forwards, no point in lazing around waiting for them to become alert, strike while they were busy!

Stabbing one of them in the head immediately, the others all perked up and came lolling towards her, swearing when the infected woman broke apart from the slower members and began to charge at her, Abbie kicked her hard in the stomach and had her weapon readied for her when she came at her again. Slicing her arm open Abbie struck again on her leg so she went down to the floor, from there, she stabbed her once in the head, ending it.

Panting softly she saw that Logan needed no assistance by the time she was done, and Abbie rested against the railings to the office.

"Well, it could be worse, there could have been more of them. I'm surprised I thought more people would have come to the lifeguard station for help." Abbie stated softly, looking around the scene in front of them, the death seemed to contrast against the sheer beauty of the island they were on together "There might be a radio in the lifeguard office we can use to tell Sinamoi it's all clear to come to the station...should we go look inside?" Abbie asked, placing a hand on her hip as she got her breath back.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:15 am

Logan could see that Abbie was tired and he knew to look for signs that she was tiring because he was feeling that way himself. His arms were heavy and his legs were like lead. Doing this on his own would have been impossible but as it was, doing this with Abbie was still a massive undertaking it seemed. Readying himself with a small grin, he gripped his two weapons tightly before nodding,

"Yeah... come on, let's do this and we can radio Sinamoi and just relax until they show up." he told her with a wider grin, "Countdown to fun huh?"

Seeing that they were distracted, both he and Abbie sprinted forwards to attack them head on. Rushing past Abbie as she engaged two of them, he hoped that she would be able to handle herself but he had no more time to think about it. Targeting one still on it's knees, Logan rammed his pick into it's face and left it there, spinning to his right just as the other reached it's feet. With practiced ease, Logan threw his knife, embedding it deep in the forehead of the creature.

It paused, as if broken, before crumpling to the ground.

Collecting both of his weapons, Logan sighed a little bit. He was really ready for this day to be over already and it wasn't even noon by the looks of the sky. He chuckled a little bit and shook his head slightly,

"Well lucky for us a lot of people decided their own rooms and bungalows would be better." he told her before nodding grimly, "Yeah... I'll lead the way."

Entering what was immediately obviously a radio room, Logan saw the man slumped over, apparently dead, at the seat. He hesitated for only a second before slamming his pick into the top of the man's skull and dragging the corpse out of the chair and onto the floor. He would never know if he had killed a zombie or mutilated a corpse. He swallowed thickly,

"Can you see if there's a radio number for Sinamoi?"
Back to top Go down
Abbie Wilson

Abbie Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:26 am

Abbie blinked a little bit when Logan brought his weapon down onto the head of the corpse sat at the desk, but then again it could have been a zombie waiting to surprise attack them at the very next movement they made. So, she decided not to think any more about it, it was always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it was their own lives at stake.

Closing the door behind her and putting something up against it, just in case, Abbie wandered around the room having a look at all of the equipment and computers that they had in here. They might be handy to try and find out something about this on the news, something should be on in the Australian channels at least!

"Sure I can." she smiled softly, as she looked down the list of radio contact details for the different places on the island, finding the frequency needed to communicate with Sinamoi back at the little rental hut that they had been in when first rescued "I think this is the right one, either way I'll know soon enough when I call it...or whatever you do when speaking on the radio."

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Abbie bent over the desk to speak into the microphone of the radio, adjusting the frequency slightly until she could hear Sinamoi's reply. It was weak but he heard them, and they were getting ready to move here as soon as possible.

"Alright, we have half an hour or so of freedom until those guys get here." she stated with a small sigh as she sank to the floor, just to finally have a sit down somewhere and know she didn't have to move again today "Im just glad that's over, and we have somewhere safer to stay now, I know I feel better with those big gates around us."

Smirking softly and opening her bag, Abbie held a bottle of whiskey out to Logan;

"Here, I found it and thought of you. I almost wasn't going to give it to you because you made fun of me saying 'arse' but, I'll forgive you." she stated with a little cheeky grin on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Logan Carter

Logan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:36 am

Was this what he was going to be doing from now on? Smashing open the skull of every corpse he came across in case it sprung up to attack him? Maybe he'd hit a sleeping person by accident one day or not notice them breathing before he struck... would that be any different to the small sense of satisfaction he got whenever he killed one of the zombies?

God he hoped so because right now he wasn't too sure he'd escape having to kill a human being who wasn't infected with this disease.

When she agreed to do the radio he smile a little bit at her and barricaded the door a little bit more with some drawers as he looked at the map of the island and, in particular, the surrounding beach area. He hummed a little bit before chuckling slightly,

"You call a radio don't worry." he told her before nodding slightly as he heard the lifeguard and the others tell them that they were moving out and coming here, "Alright well then looks like the gang is gunna be all here."

Laughing a little bit as he sat down on the floor on some comfortable life preservers, he smirked a little bit when she showed him the whiskey,

"You shouldn't have. But since you did!" he chuckled and accepted the whiskey gratefully before taking a taste. Sighing happily, he patted the life preserver next to him, "Room for one more. And besides... I wasn't making fun of you. I've just never heard anyone use the term 'arse' before. What the hell does it mean?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)   Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keys to another doorway (Logan and Abbie)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next