The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Absolon

Absolon

New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Empty
PostSubject: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 am

Absolon had heard of the skills of Chase Young, and she knew that they needed him on the Haylin side of the war for the Shen Gon Wu. They needed someone like him to be able to tip the scale in their favour, but he didn't think that he was as good as he was and therefore seemed to need some convincing in this manner.

The main cause of this, was his fellow monks Dashi and Monkguan. They seemed to take all the attention because they had been doing this for longer, but Chase is every bit as good as the two of them and he had been here for less time. The Shen Gon Wu they protect and gather were now, three times as well protected.

Much harder for her to get some.

Running her hand through her hair as she gently picked her way through the forests, Absolon smirked softly to herself at the idea that she was going to be the one to have him on side. It might mean that he would be more likely to do her favours in the future should she require it, their bond being as it will be.

It would not be a bad thing to have such a handsome man on her side, it would be enjoyable she was sure in the future.

Approaching the area that Chase was known to train in, she merely stood and watched him for a few moments, allowing him to become alerted to her presence so that he might be the one to start up the conversation with her.
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:56 am

Chase was... restless.

The strange thing was that he had no idea as to why he was restless, just that he was. He trained almost 8 hours a day, spent some time training with the Shen Gon Wu and then relaxed with his friend and his master. That was his day and it had been enough for him for the longest time... but right now he didn't think it was enough.

Hence why he was training with the Eye of Dashi in the clearing away from the temple, working to get the best effects possible out of it.

Humming a little bit, he paused for a second before smirking softly,

"I know you're there Haylin..." he spoke even though he currently had his back to the person he was addressing, "Come out now or we'll have to both find out what you'd look like fried by lightning."

He turned to the unexpected visitor and he smirked slightly,

"Hang on... you are Absolon are you not? I must say I never expected such a powerful Haylin sorceress to come after me."
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:05 am

Absolon smirked as he saw her standing there and she knew now that the time had come for her to talk to him about what she wanted. Either that or they would end up fighting and that was not what she wanted, she wanted to have a nice, grown up conversation. Seeing as she almost never came out of her palace any more it should be impressing upon Chase just how interested she was in seeing if he would defect to the Heylin side.

Stepping out from behind the tree she was obscured by, Absolon's soft ginger locks wafted around her waist and a playful smile crept onto her lips.

This was going to be such fun, she could tell already.

"I am indeed Absolon." she stated with a small nod in Chase's direction "And you are Chase Young."

Laughing softly she shook her head, she wasn't here to fight if that was what he was thinking. It wouldn't be unusual for him to think of that though, it is of course mostly what Heylin and the monks from the temple did after all - fight until they were unable to fight any more, then new monks and warriors would take over for them.

"I am not here to 'come after you' in a battle sense, Chase." she stated, her smirk growing slightly "I have come here to ask you, if you had a desire to join me, on the Heylin side? I think that you would do better, with us, with me." Absolon whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 am

Chase prepared himself for battle but even as he did that he was reasonably sure that he could take her. After all, he had a Shen Gon Wu and she didn't have any with her it seemed. Humming a little bit, he bowed his head to her in greeting when she knew his name.

It was always nice to be recognised,

"I am indeed." he admitted with a small smirk, "I'm glad you seem to be so up to date with who's who in the Xiaolin world."

When she laughed he raised an eyebrow slowly. She would have to explain why she was laughing or he was going to attack her for laughing at him. If there was one thing Chase hated above all else it was being laughed at!

"Good because Master Dashi rather likes this forest un-touched and I dread to think how much damage we could do to it." he admitted before smirking a little bit and looking around dramatically, "Is this a joke? Is this where people from the temple jump out and yell that they 'got me'?"

He laughed before smirking,

"I am a dedicated and powerful Xiaolin monk... what could you offer me?"
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:28 am

Absolon could tell that Chase was going to laugh off her offer, and so when he started to think that it was some sort of joke, Absolon merely stood there and waited for him to finally stop and think about the offer that she had just given him.

True it wasn't much of an offer at all right now, she had given him no insentives and had asked him to go against something that was truly in his nature to be. Chase was a goody goody...but she didn't think that he belonged as one of them, she was willing to twist his nature to bend to the good of her cause and for the good of himself.

"Your goodness is limiting you, Chase." she stated simply as she ran her fingers down the bark of one of the nearby tree's beginning to circle around him very slowly, taking measure of all of him in "You can feel it, as much as I can see it. You are powerful but you are not powerful enough...there are some things you still can't do."

Smirking silkily, Absolon stopped walking and locked her eyes with Chase as he asked what she could offer him.

"You would be the most skilled martial artist either side have ever seen, if you join with the Heylin." she stated with a grin "You will learn the techniques the Xiaolin do not want you to learn, and you will not be held back, you will be encouraged...in every aspect."

Flicking out a Wu, and spinning it between her fingers, Absolon smirked that same catlike smirk; "For example, you have heard of this Wu, it is the Gem of Gushu. This Wu lets you see into the future of anyone you wish but...your comrades would never allow you to use it. I would."
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:44 am

Chase couldn't believe that Absolon had come all this way just to offer him something that they both knew he was never going to be able to accept. His master and his fellow monks meant too much for him to just jump ship like that surely! So he had no problem at all throwing back her first 'offer', such as it was.

When she continued he tried to strengthen his resolve,

"Maybe it is but your evil is blinding you..." he muttered, repeating something that Dashi had said with little more than lip service, "I am powerful... and soon I shall be very powerful! I may have weak areas but with hard work I'll plug each and everyone of them!"

Why did he get the feeling he was becoming something close to a prize, something to be collected by her. Something told him this would be both a good thing and a bad thing.

He shook his head slightly,

"A tempting offer but how would you manage that?" he asked her, not even bothering to deny the idea that he was liking this offer if she could pull it off, "You make an enticing sales pitch but I..."

He trailed off when he recognised the Wu she was holding,

"The Gem of Gushu..." he muttered quietly before looking directly at Absolon, "You would let me use it huh? To train or two kill my fellow monks? I..."

He was too tempted to say much else.
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 am

Absolon felt her expression sour a little bit when Chase just repeated some stock phrase from the Handbook of the Xiaolin Monk it seemed. It meant that he might be getting a little bit tempted by her offer though to revert to something that lacked so much passion in his attempt to get her to revoke her offer of power from the table. To scare her away and make her feel sorry for ever offering such a thing.

"Oh please Chase, you are strong willed enough to form your own opinions." she stated with a small smile "Did it ever occur to you, that the Xiaolin bulk block the people who disagree with them under the name Heylin? Not all Heylin are evil, they merely have different views about Wu, and how they can be used. Finders keepers, losers weepers and all of that..." Absolon stated, waving her hand dismissively as she forgot the right statement.

Absolon knew that he liked the offer.

She could see it in his eyes.

His rather attractive eyes...she added with a little smirk on her lips.

"I would let you use this, and other Wu I have in my possession, although I do not have many, I hold the ones that would prove most....interesting to you." she stated with a small smile "I would let you have use of them, if you bound yourself to me. I wont have you simply taking them and running off, after all."

Shrugging her shoulders Absolon smirked; "I merely give you the tools Chase, however you desire to use them is entirely your business."
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:10 am

Chase was forming his own opinions and that, Master Dashi would say, was the problem. He was developing his own opinions and his own opinions involved getting stronger no matter what. And that was exactly what she was offering him on a silver platter right now. He swallowed thickly and decided against quoting his master again,

"My own opinions had been made but I feel the need to question them often." he told her quietly before shaking his head a little bit, "I always thought they were made to be used... not made so that Dashi could use them occasionally but otherwise lock them away."

He scoffed a little bit,

"Oh he lets us train with them..." He scowled, "But we hardly ever use them in actual battle."

He paused for a moment before humming,

"So you're offering me the chance to get stronger... in return I become your bounded man eh?" he hummed deeply before nodding slightly, "And if I were to accept... what happens then? What would happen now?"
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:18 am

Absolon was very glad that Chase thought much the same as she did because her viewpoint was along the same line as his. Smirking softly at the fact that Dashi just used the Wu for training and then locked them back up at the end of the day, so that they could not be used by others. That to Absolon was wasting them, wasting what they could do and it made her so angry that these powerful objects were being coveted by people unwilling to appreciate them.

"Who is he to decide who has the right to use them?" she asked with a small scowl "Who is he to dictate over their usage like nobody else could have a claim over Wu and have that be acceptable? Dashi is a fool who believes he can control such powerful magic and not have opposition to that. He is making dangerous waters for himself to swim in."

Placing her hand on her hip, Absolon smirked happily when she heard that Chase was getting closer and closer to just accepting the deal. Why else would he be asking about what would happen next? About what it would be like between the two of them? It made her smirk turn into a soft smile that he was seeing her point of view, and had an open mind.

"I would not put it like that, you would of course be free to do as you pleased unless it goes against an order of mine." she stated but then grinned cheekily "Of course now you put it in those terms, I wouldn't mind."

With a gentle smile Absolon approached Chase, so she was standing a few centimeters away from him;

"It is completely up to you, Chase. We will be equals in this I assure you. If you have affects to fetch from the temple, might I suggest you collect those first, and then return to me here tomorrow, at noon. I will have to give you the bond first though."
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 am

Chase growled a little bit as he thought of all the times he had made break throughs with the Wu, only for Dashi to lock them back up. He was the one who had thought up using two Wu together to combine them and as soon as he had figured it out... Dashi had forbidden him from ever using it outside of a showdown with someone like Absolon.

"I... Dachi created many of these Wu." he admitted with a small scowl, "But he restricts them far too much. After all, I created the Wu combinations and yet he never lets me use them... but other monks practice them as we speak!"

Every second he was thinking about it was another second he realise that it was in his own best interests to actually go along with it. After all, strength, company and Wu were all strong arguments that the Xiaolin order could not beat right now,

"So I would take orders from you huh?" he raised an eyebrow before humming, "Who else? Because if any random member can tell me to do something then this is a mistake. And I will never join you."

He swallowed a little bit at the proximity,

"Give me until tomorrow to think about it." he agreed before he hummed, "If you're lucky I might even had some Wu to bring with me. Any you like the look of?"
Back to top Go down
Absolon

Absolon

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:45 am

Absolon agreed with Chase completely that the restriction of the Wu was wrong, and the fact that anyone who disagreed with that was sure to be cast out away from the Xiaolin monks. Of course there were other reasons why they didn't like her, but, she was content to leave them out of the conversation for now.

It was more a third date sort of revelation.

"Well you may practice and use to your hearts content when you reach my home, I shall not stop you doing what you desire to gain more power." she stated with a small smile "There are just a few things that I ask however, little housekeeping rules but none that should be 'deal breakers'." Absolon grinned.

Making a little face of disagreement Absolon thought about how to better explain the bond;

"No its not so much...ordering purely in my direction. It is a mutual link, the bond, and it works for our benefit in that manner. We can make links and pacts through the bond, for example if you felt particularily strongly that we should never eat tofu on Thursdays, we could make that a feature in our bond, and I would not be able to eat tofu on Thursdays, but we must first agree on what we make features."

Smirking sexily Absolon shrugged; "I'm a very flexible girl though, there will be bare minimum of features in there, no killing, no maiming, no double crossing, loyalty...all that."

Shaking her head Absolon smiled;

"I have all the Wu I need, but, you are under your own steam now, perhaps you should bring any that you yourself like the look of."
Back to top Go down
Chase Young

Chase Young

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 am

Chase was liking this deal more and more and he had always been the kind of person who acted on instinct so it was hardly a surprise to him that he gestured for all conversation to cease... before holding out a hand for her to shake,

"I accept your deal."

Smirking a little bit, he nodded to her,

"You're right... it's getting a little bit too restrictive in there. And don't think I have ignored the fact that Master Dashi spends more time training my 'best friend' than me." he muttered in annoyance, "I shall be the one to surpass the both of them... and I shall do it without their help. I shall do it with the strength of both sides."

He licked his lips a little bit,

"My will is strong and in battle it's not the strongest who win..." he smirked, "But the one with the strongest will."

He bowed to her,

"I shall return... hopefully with the Eye of Dashi, the Mantis Flip Coin, Monkey staff and Serpent's Tail." he paused, "But first our bond right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)   New Around Here (Absolon and Chase) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Around Here (Absolon and Chase)
Page 1 of 1