The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abraham Ford

Abraham Ford

Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Empty
PostSubject: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:26 am

Sergeant Abraham Ford was a man of simple tastes.

He enjoyed what he had done before the outbreak and he had been damned good at it. Ford was the kind of soldier you turned to when you wanted a problem removed from the face of the earth, within an hour, with no casualties and with only a few bullets and maybe a grenade or two.

And since the outbreak he had only gotten better at what it was that he did best.

His unit had sort of fallen apart when the soldiers realised what was going on. All the men with close families left to try and protect them and some had gone to try and find lost family. He had been part of the very small number who stayed together because they had no one worth going off to save.

But in the end they had broken up and separated when groups of survivors attacked them for their weapons. A debate about attacking back in revenge was had over alcohol... it got heated and all he remembered was walking away from it a day later, covered in blood.

Recently things seemed to be picking up seeing as he had found a massive Army truck, just begging to be driven. As he drove through the suburbs, he played some music that drifted through the silence of the suburb. He glanced around as Queen played on the cd,

"Wow... what a nice neighbourhood." he observed before chuckling to himself upon seeing a Walker without legs trying to crawl towards him, "Shame about the neighbours."
Back to top Go down
Felicity Jones

Felicity Jones

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:44 am

Felicity couldn't help but sigh to herself.

Another day another suburb being thoroughly explored, trapped and relaxed in.

She didn't like the fact that she kept moving from place to place but when you were just one person on your own you kind of had no other option. What was left for her but trying to survive? Finding the occasional treat as she explored houses forgotten for years on end. Perhaps burying her nose in a book for several hours for 'escapism'.

Wandering through the streets, Flick ruffled her hair, she didn't want to be on her own the fact was it was just safer. You couldn't trust anyone these days, you were better off on your own than being with people who would just screw you over for weapons and then leave you for dead on the side of the road.

Tilting her head to one side when she heard the noise of an engine nearby, Flick drew out her bow and arrow, slotting an arrow into the metal frame with only the slightest of noises. As she waited, wondering what the source might be, she was surprised to see that it was just one man, driving an army vehicle. What a sight that was. No mob, no gang, no needy hangers on.

"I'd take offence to that." she stated, loudly enough to be heard over the chugging engine "I'm a darling neighbour."
Back to top Go down
Abraham Ford

Abraham Ford

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 am

Abraham sighed a little bit as he listened to his music, drawing out a few Walkers here and there with the sound. Annoyed that they were going to be ruining his bright and sunny day, he blinked a few times when someone actually replied to him. Stopping the truck, he opened the door and jumped down from the cab to walk around the front of the truck,

"Dear god please don't let my ears be lying to me..." he muttered before laughing a little bit when he saw someone else, "Thanks god! Somebody else... lady you have no idea how good it is to see you!"

Shaking his head a little bit, he felt something tugging at his trouser leg. Looking down, he saw the crawling Walker-woman had latched onto his trousers. Amused, he shook his head,

"Honey it was never going to work out between us... time to let go!" he joked before stamping on the Walker's skull with his thick army boots. He shook his head at the new woman, smirking slightly, "There was just no reasoning with her..."

He smiled widely and looked around the neighbourhood,

"Nice area you got for yourself." he told her before smirking and gesturing at the truck, "Ever think about upping sticks and moving?"
Back to top Go down
Felicity Jones

Felicity Jones

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:02 am

Flick felt the same as this man, she knew that it was hard to find someone around these days who wasn't a complete asshole and wanting to shoot you on sight. Seeing how he didn't seem to be hostile, she lowered her arrow and bow so that she wouldn't end up getting a new enemy on her list instead of a potential ally.

He was obviously a soldier that much she could see.

However what she wasn't aware of was why he was not with the rest of his soldier buddies, Platoon? Legion? Brigade? She was never very clued in on the terminology but he was on his own, not with the rest of the group which set her mind turning a little bit.

"The feeling is mutual it's been hard to find someone who hasn't wanted to shoot me on sight and steal all my shit." she smirked "Been a long while since I've had a conversation with someone."

Unable to stop her eyebrow raising at the interaction he was having with the walker, Flick found it oddly amusing even though she wouldn't be able to do it herself. They just proved too scary for her to actually make fun of them, although she wouldn't mind hearing more of this man's jokes centered around the zombies.

"Ah I move all the time. I was just passing through here, never stay anywhere more than a week or so." she stated with a small smile, placing the bow back on her back "I'm Flick, nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Abraham Ford

Abraham Ford

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 am

Abraham had to admit that a bow made a lot of sense as a weapon in these times. He himself had never really gotten into using them though. Of course he had gotten very good at using the thin twin swords he had strapped to his back. But the guns he carried (and kept in the truck) were to be used against hostile humans.

And there were more than enough of them to warrant the caution he knew very well.

"Yeah I've never been one for shooting first and talking second..." he smirked a little bit, "Too much of a mouth on me you see. I enjoy having little chats with everyone I come across... they hated me on silent missions I can tell you now."

Abraham saw that two other Walkers were getting close enough to be of mild concern. Humming a little bit he looked to the one on the left, a Walker dressed like it had be the groom as a wedding. He shook his head with a laugh as he stabbed it through the eye and through the skull with one of his thin swords,

"Boy... when some people get cold feet they don't do it half-assed!" he joked before tutting as he looked at the female Walker... with all of her ribs exposed, "Honey... dieting too much is not attractive."

Again he dispatched the Walker before grinning at the newly introduced Flick,

"Well Flick... name's Abraham Ford but some of my friends call me different. Slade is one of those nicknames if you want to use it." he told her with a grin before patting his truck, "I'm taking this beast up to DC... going anywhere specific?"
Back to top Go down
Felicity Jones

Felicity Jones

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:26 am

Flick tilted her head to one side and cracked a smile, this man seemed to be one of the funniest she had met since this whole thing started going down and she was so happy to find someone who could make her smile again. Living in a world like this one, so stressed and irritated half of the time, Flick never thought that she would be cracking a smile like this for a long while.

Perhaps that would be just one of the reasons why she decided to team up with this guy? Humour was the spice of life after all.

"I can imagine." she teased with a grin "It's strange to actually see a soldier on his own, don't you normally operate the whole, team spirit sort of thing? If we go down we go down together mantra? Or is that just in cheesy 80's movies?" Flick asked with a smirk.

The walkers were being dealt with before she even needed to worry about them and she was perfectly fine with that. It was nice to have a few freebies without having to do anything. Admiring the weapons that he used to kill them though, Flick commented;

"They're some fine swords you have there, I was looking for some but I had no luck finding any. This though will always be my baby." she announced, wiggling her bow on her back.

Shaking her head Flick smiled;

"Nah I'm not going anywhere specific, rambling you could say. Is there any reason why you're going to DC in particular? Do you mind if I come along with you, seeing as we are both in need of conversation partners beyond the average these days?"
Back to top Go down
Abraham Ford

Abraham Ford

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 am

Abraham chuckled a little bit when she questioned about him being on his own despite being a soldier. She was right to question it too. After all, he could be anyone, just pretending to be a soldier and that was very easily done nowadays. All you needed to do was visit an abandoned Army base and bang! Got yourself some authentic equipment and weapons even if you yourself were not authentic in the least.

He grinned a little bit,

"Good question to ask." he told her with a wink before shaking his head, "We were all together but when it got worse people left to be with their families. Left those without families together... and we all got scattered after an argument of direction."

There was something... liberating about killing Walkers. He had killed people before and every time he had done so it had gotten easier to do. Just a little bit, but enough to be noticed down the line. Until, when killing sick bastards like the child molesters in Iraq, he began to enjoy it. It felt like winning and, in some cases, justice.

But killing Walkers? No one could look at him funny for laughing and enjoying that. Not anymore.

"Yeah I lifted them out of a footlocker of a guy who used to be obsessed with swords." he admitted with a grin, "Got a broadsword too if you want it... not my style. As for the bow, I ain't too good with that. Can barely hit the broad side of a barn."

He grinned,

"Rambling huh? Well I'm going to DC because I got no other plan and most of the Army got transferred up that way when shit hit fan." he admitted before patting the truck, "You can come with me... can you drive though? I seriously miss... Truck surfing!"
Back to top Go down
Felicity Jones

Felicity Jones

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:47 am

Flick nodded her head in understanding when she heard that he was simply on his own because what had happened with soldiers was what had happened with the rest of the world - people left to be with their families in this time of need. She couldn't hold it against them but she did wish that they could have held it together - we could have actually won the battles we needed, culled more walkers if the army had stayed together.

"I'm glad that I asked." she stated with a small smile on her lips "I guess you're a guy who can stick to your guns when you need to, it's hard to choose to be on your own in a time like this, but you stuck to your ideals, good for you."

Giving him a thumbs up, Flick grinned. The offer of the broadsword although pleasant was not something that Flick was going to take up because she just didn't think that her small frame would be able to handle something so large and heavy. It would be so hard to use she would be putting herself at risk.

"I don't think I'm strong enough to use it, so, I'll stick to my bow and arrow, and some traps that I've made." she stated with a wiggle of her eyebrows "Very intriguing no?"

Not wanting to burst Abraham's bubble, Flick didn't want to say that she couldn't drive but she thought that it might be somewhat needed if he ever wanted her to take over in an emergency or something;

"I can barely drive, I had a few weeks in a car taking lessons before this all kicked off. I had to save up for them, my parents couldn't afford them when I turned 15." she stated with a smirk "So, I would say I'm probably not your best bet."
Back to top Go down
Abraham Ford

Abraham Ford

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am

Abraham shrugged a little bit with a small smirk. Sticking to his ideals was one way of putting it. The other way of putting it was that he had not wanted to see the survivors get away with killing his friends because... well because at the time he had been on the side of the argument that called for some kind of retribution.

Justice for the fact that they had killed several of his friends.

"When it comes down to the wire in battle you have to be able to trust the man next to you with everything you are, everything you were and everything you can ever be." he told her with a small wink and a grin, "You don't live very long if you don't make yourself into the kind of guy that the man next to you will be willing to do that for."

He nodded his head a little bit in agreement. It was a bit of a monster if he was honest, hence why he was wandering around with his two little twin swords. Fast and deadly sharp, that's what he liked about them. He laughed a little bit,

"I have to admit I'm intrigued." he told her with a small smirk, "Traps for Walkers or traps for people? Or is it both?"

He pouted a little bit,

"No truck surfing for me then..."

Abraham smirked a little bit before moving closer to her. He stuck out his hand for her to shake, grinning as he did so,

"Welcome to the unit!" he joked, "Hopefully you enjoy your stay and your ass kicking with me!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)   Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man of simple tastes (Abraham Ford and Tiger)
Page 1 of 1